• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

Wazzy

Banned
It's the only real alternate costume Ultimecia had in the original games, so I think it's pretty likely as well. Edea is going to look amazing updated to the level of this game's models, her most high-quality official rendition is until now still the original game's FMVs.
Yeah though they could actually use the other Sorceresses/Adel if they really wanted or make her other forms outfits but they usually have them as transformations for EXbursts.

Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'Shtola, Garland, Kain, Kuja, Exdeath, Sephiroth, Kefka, Ace, Ramza and Noctis.

Those are the ones we know so far. Plus the ones to be revealed from August onwards

Shit only 4 female characters? This is Marvel v Capcom Infinite all over again.

They revealed Mateus as well didn't they?

Frida Kahlo

Neo Member
I'm so happy! Can't wait to play with Terra and my girl Shantotto!!!
I'm hoping that some of the characters from Omnia, the mobile version of this Dissidia, cross-over especially Layle, Hope & Faris <3

Golnei

Yeah though they could actually use the other Sorceresses/Adel if they really wanted or make her other forms outfits but they usually have them as transformations for EXbursts.

I'd love it if they brought back Adel, but she's likely not considered attractive enough to be worth including - and probably would have to be scaled down a fair bit to fit Ultimecia's skeleton, though Griever's arms didn't look that weird with her animations during her EX form. The generic sorceresses could work as well, but I doubt we'd see them before Edea.

Rinoa could always be used under the same logic, but they may not want to conflict with a future playable character appearance...

Jigorath

Banned
Guess the Sony partnership is heavy on this one: https://dissidiafinalfantasynt.com/

iFV5PDP.jpg

I remember when they announced the arcade game they said it was being developed with PS4 hardware.

J-Tier

I kinda want Dangerous Ariana as a Brave Exvius rep in this.

Would also like a Seiken Densetsu rep in here since it's technically a FF spin-off. At least the first one.

Guests from Dragon Quest and Deus Ex once they reach Duodecim parity and it's all gravy.

Edit: And I gueeeeeessss Kingdom Hearts too.

J-Tier

LOL, they could also have guest "esper summonings" for DLC

Imagine summoning Max from Life is Strange and she starts rewinding time.

AsakuraZ

Had a chance to play this while I was in Japan a few months ago, looked nice and played well but the controllers weren't that enjoyable to use.

Look forward to being able to play this with a regular DS4

Waji

Legendary narrative - Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
Huh... after seeing the list of games and the trailer I'm really, really concerned with 7 Remake.
It's not looking good : /, anything but legendary.

There was no "standard" for fights though in the old ones. Your character leveled up and got new moves. Don't see how it would work in a serious competitive setting

I don't think this will be a problem in this one. I mean, it's already an arcade game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Huh... after seeing the list of games and the trailer I'm really, really concerned with 7 Remake.
It's not looking good : /, anything but legendary.

He's done a lot of games in the FF series including the original 7, and to be fair, he was not working on FF15 for a majority of its life span, so the end product could have been anyone's.

Waji

He's done a lot of games in the FF series including the original 7, and to be fair, he was not working on FF15 for a majority of its life span, so the end product could have been anyone's.

Doesn't help that much and he wasn't the only one working on 7 either.
I wouldn't say everything in FF 7 was perfect, but I give him the benefit of the doubt, even if it's only one part of what could go right/wrong.
Just saying I don't see how anything justify the "legendary" word.

Eylos

Banned
It's still an RPG according to the description.

Noctis already confirmed.

Theres some fighting games with lvls where you could choose lvl characters or the Basic ones, If they want to Go to competition you can Just Lock a mode with Basic equips and lvl

DNAbro

It does, you watch a scene, fight and so on and so forth. This game is not about story.

Where are people getting this from? Did they describe the story mode during the stream?

Theres some fighting games with lvls where you could choose lvl characters or the Basic ones, If they want to Go to competition you can Just Lock a mode with Basic equips and lvl

I guess you could do that. Still don't think their will be a proper competitive scene though.

DNAbro

Ok, so how do you think the competitive in arcade works for this game?

I didn't think there were people who played it competitively.

I was basing my conjecture from the PSP games. If I've been sounding like a complete idiot because my lack of knowledge of how the arcade version works, then that's my fault. I'll concede.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Doesn't help that much and he wasn't the only one working on 7 either.
I wouldn't say everything in FF 7 was perfect, but I give him the benefit of the doubt, even if it's only one part of what could go right/wrong.
Just saying I don't see how anything justify the "legendary" word.

A lot of people see FF7, KH and others as legendary games, its not really all that complicated

Top Bottom