• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

I didn't think there were people who played it competitively.

I was basing my conjecture from the PSP games. If I've been sounding like a complete idiot because my lack of knowledge of how the arcade version works, then that's my fault. I'll concede.

You don't sound idiot. But people play competitively, there was a square live stream showing the finals of a championship a few months ago.

Yes! Very excited. Noctis being a part of it makes it a day-one purchase.

Also make Noctis the lead character of the story the same way they pushed Lightning to the forefront of that game and its story in Dissidia 012. :D

Nomura is designing the characters and I believe he oversees the game.. interesting enough this is the first time him and Noctis reunite.

quesalupa

Nice! I never really bothered with the other ones because I don't play my portables that often but I'll check this out.

Reszo

I wonder if they will add a training mode this time around since it wasn't in the ones on the psp.

I also hope you can do 1 on 1 fights instead of always doing 3 vs 3

mas8705

I know that this image is used for both the FF7 remake and KH3, but I feel it is appropriate to use it here too:

its-been-84-years-via-9gag-com-14337664.png

Seriously, I feel like if you had to describe a company with one image, this summarizes Square-Enix well. It has felt like forever since the Dissidia Arcade was announced and we have waited so long for it to get brought onto consoles. Where did all the time go?

At least we are finally getting our hands on this game (even if it is Early 2018). Can't wait for the details next week.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'Shtola, Garland, Kain, Kuja, Exdeath, Sephiroth, Kefka, Ace, Ramza and Noctis.

Those are the ones we know so far. Plus the ones to be revealed from August onwards

Shit only 4 female characters? This is Marvel v Capcom Infinite all over again.

Well, the developers said they want to add everyone from previous Dissidia to the roster, so we should have 9 female characters in total, along with potentially future newcomers.

Terra
Shantotto
Y'Shtola
Lightning

Cloud of Darkness
Ultimecia
Tifa
Prishe
Yuna

TDLink

Thankfully I am pretty certain we won't be seeing either Gackt or Ariana Grande in this game.

There's already too many deserving actual characters who won't make it.

I'm pretty confident we -will- get all of the veterans back though. Only 9 more to go.

as someone who never played a Dissidia game....i was lost AS FUCK. but cool seeing the main characters from each series in numerical order.

HI SHANTOTTO!!!!

Give me a wealth of single player content similar to the first two games and I'll have the game that won't ever leave my PS4.
Do it, SE. I dare you. :D

TDLink

as someone who never played a Dissidia game....i was lost AS FUCK. but cool seeing the main characters from each series in numerical order.

HI SHANTOTTO!!!!

Shantotto is really fun. Probably the most fun mage character in the last game, imo. You won't be disappointed.

Mediking

Everything was going good... until I saw this crazy UI that seems very overbearing...

Code:
[IMG]https://j.gifs.com/wjBnPz.gif[/IMG]

EDarkness

I might have to get this just so I can play as Terra. Gonna be awesome to mess around with some of my favorite characters. Just hope the game is good.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Shantotto is really fun. Probably the most fun mage character in the last game, imo. You won't be disappointed.

But her mechanism changed quite a lot (kinda).

In the Dissidia arcade reboot, Shantotto's moveset has been slightly 'reversed'. Her HP attacks in the PSP games are now her bravery attacks (save for Bio, which has retained its spot) and have a slight gimmick to them. In 'normal' mode, Shantotto summons bigger magic abilities for her bravery attacks. When her HP drops after a certain point, however, she goes into her 'mad' mode, in which she summons multiple, smaller magic projectiles for her bravery. Her HP Attacks are Retribution, Vidohunir, Divine Malison and Salvation Scythe.

I heard that she was pretty bad in Dissidia Arcade which is quite disappointing.

Top Bottom