• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton a bigot at campaign rally in Jackson, Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She's a bigot."
"She's not fit to be president."
"She does not have the temperament."

Lol, "No, U r"

Things like these demonstrate how much Trump is hurting inside, taking the legitimate criticisms against him and then he cannot wait to hurl them back at Hillary, oblivious to the irony that they don't even remotely apply to her. He has no dignity in doing this.
What is funny is how stupid Trump truly is thinking no one is going to notice, even those not paying attention have to notice unless they are in a coma.

Amir0x

Banned
I see Trump is still an abominable asshole who is intent on keeping his appeal only to other abominable assholes.

Veelk

Banned
I'm pretty much done hearing his daily headlines. It's always some stupid ignorant shit and I'm so tired of being exasperated that at this point, I just think "Yup, that's a trump quote".

I just want the debates to happen already.

Whenever he says something about Hillary, it always applies to himself rather than actually to her. But trump supporters know no better I suppose. Like the GOP he's a walking hypocrite, but he's on some next level shit.

jWILL253

Banned
Funnily enough, I actually agree with the sentiment he's pushing. Every nigga knows the Clinton's don't give a single fuck about Black people and our plights.

The problem, Mr. Trump, is that you have a White Nationalist on your campaign team. I'd rather vote for someone that is apathetic at worst to our existence, than to vote for someone who might actively seek out an end to our existence.

I'm starting to think Trump might just find it literally impossible to accept any criticism. He just hears people saying something bad about him, his brain mutes the part about it being about him and he thinks "cool, that's a good idea for an insult/attack" and promptly uses it.

Ploid 3.0

I actually flinched when I read the city and state. I bet people ate him up down here. They are going to be in their Trump glow for a while.

Poyunch

Imagine his speech writers writing about Trump in the first draft and then changing every "Trump" to "Clinton" on the final draft.

This is textbook projection.

No, it's the most common Republican campaign tactic.

Trump has already done it many times in this election. For example, Trump was accused of having a personality disorder, having mental health issues. It was effective, because there's obviously a problem there. Trump then went on the attack claiming Clinton had mental health issues and was unhinged- a word repeatedly used to describe Trump.

That's just one of many examples of this tactic used in this campaign.

The bigot one is just the latest.

No, it's the most common Republican campaign tactic.

Trump has already done it many times in this election. For example, Trump was accused of having a personality disorder, having mental health issues. It was effective, because there's obviously a problem there. Trump then went on the attack claiming Clinton had mental health issues and was unhinged- a word repeatedly used to describe Trump.

That's just one of many examples of this tactic used in this campaign.

The bigot one is just the latest.
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

According to some research, the projection of one's unconscious qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life.[2]

Revolver

One of his surrogates on CNN said Hillary's a bigot for calling him a racist for not being tolerant of his views lol.

I have a feeling that was Kayleigh McEnany. Sounds like something she'd say. Probably threw in a Martin Luther King quote for good measure.

link1201

Had to share lol

dlSldrq.jpg

Ekai

"The Republican presidential nominee drew loud cheers from a crowd in Jackson, Mississippi, on Wednesday when he declared that Democrats have taken minorities’ support for granted."

I'd argue this is a correct statement but Trump is so damn despicable for minorities.

novabolt

You would have to be a fool to believe that any President or Prime Minister doesn't see everyone apart from close loved ones as votes.

I do feel sad for the general public when it comes to voting. It's really hurtful voting in the person you feel that would be the best candidate and in return, they abandon you.

This is a well known and well documented Republican tactic. I'm aware of projection, but this is a political campaign, and calling Clinton a bigot is an intentional use of this tactic, not unintentional or involuntary psychological projection. If you're unfamiliar with campaign tactics then yes this might be construed as projection.

At this point, I think Trumpty has accused Hillary of every single shitty characteristic of himself except having a shitty Toupee.

It's amazing the narrative thathe Democrats have take minorities for granted is even put out there when whenever Democrats try and put legislation out there it is immediately blocked. I'd say the idea was somewhat true 20-30 years ago.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Says the man who told Black voters "What have you got to lose?" in regards to voting for him instead of making any actual policy announcements on how he would improve their lives

And when he says that, he's low key saying that black people don't have much at the moment. Like your lives are already crap, so if you elect me and I suck what would have been the difference considering your life already sucks.

I saw this on the news last night and Trump has done this projection shit so long now it didn't even phase me.

Literally, he just takes all the things said about him and projects them onto Hillary. It's so absurd and laughable.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Funnily enough, I actually agree with the sentiment he's pushing. Every nigga knows the Clinton's don't give a single fuck about Black people and our plights.

The problem, Mr. Trump, is that you have a White Nationalist on your campaign team. I'd rather vote for someone that is apathetic at worst to our existence, than to vote for someone who might actively seek out an end to our existence.

You say this as if Hillary doesn't actually have real life experiences helping black people though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

lol what? black people love the Clintons. In fact, she destroyed Bernie because she got like 80% of the black vote.

Garlador

Why do Republicans seem to believe everyone is bigoted but them?

Because they believe they're "good people" and of course they're not racist or bigoted. And, besides, it's just "being careful" when being around those black and brown-skinned folk, because they're not like the other "good people" and it's not about skin-color, but because those people just keep doing bad things, so better safe than sorry, right?

Someone once mentioned that racists are far more upset at being labeled a "racist" than the actual act of BEING racist.

jWILL253

Banned
lol what? black people love the Clintons. In fact, she destroyed Bernie because she got like 80% of the black vote.

Let's be real here. We're voting for her because she's the best alternative to the other options at presidency, not because she does great things for Blacks or because we "like" her. If her husband's sentiments on BLM are any indication, the Clinton's don't really care all that much about our plights beyond a certain level. But she'll get shit done, and at worst, she'll fuck us over the least out of all possible candidates. And I think Blacks understand that and are being pragmatic about this election rather than wishing upon a star with Bernie, or voting for Lucifer incarnate.

Voting isn't always about the candidate you "like" the most. In fact, for me personally, it's never about that. It's more about which candidate makes the most practical sense for the direction of the country. And for Black folks, I feel it's about voting for the candidate who's the least likely to be antithetical to our existence.

Why do Republicans seem to believe everyone is bigoted but them?

I think the mental gymnastics at work for a racist (who thinks they're not racist) is that they see themselves as pointing out real and legitimate issues, and the people who deny this are the "real" racists because they're enabling said issues by not pointing them out. Said racists will fall upon anecdotal or cherry-picked stories/statistics to support their world view, no matter how convoluted they have to get about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom