• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Man, can not stop smiling while playing the game. It is so god damn good.
That opening scene is also great. They say "Fuck slow introductions, just kill everything. This is Doom!"

:)

dsk1210

So I am based in the UK and need free vpn to connect to an Australian/new Zealand server. Been a long time since I used a vpn.

Can you recommend me one and thank you in advance.

antitrop

4937509-7137780836-2m2tg.gif

https://youtu.be/1SiylvmFI_8?t=1m3s

Nothing says "Rip and Tear" like a little Sarah McLachlan.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Man, can not stop smiling while playing the game. It is so god damn good.
That opening scene is also great. They say "Fuck slow introductions, just kill everything. This is Doom!"

:)

haha i couldn't agree more. just a little over an hour in and multiple times now I've had to laugh out loud at some of the absurd kills and crazy things I've pulled off. it plays so fuckin fast. Man I absolutely love it.

Arkanius

I'm using VPN Gate (SoftEther)

I've logged out of my Steam mobile client.
I'm connected to Hong Kong.

Yet Steam still gives me the price in Euros. My webbrowser says I'm in Hong Kong.

What am I forgetting?

How do you unlock classic maps?

They will be hidden, one to each level. It might be something like
pulling a lever in the foundry which opens a room nearby. The room as found in-game will NOT be the full level. But once you discover it you unlock a full version of the map, E.g. E1M2, playable from the main menu.

So far I've only found one, they seem to be pretty tucked away.

Spoo

Map design for this has been understated as fuck -- the levels are quite intricate; they wind back in on themselves in very satisfying ways and give the game sort of a non-linear feel. Really cohesive, really good, and just excellent pacing all around. The levels are large enough that I
get kind of lost sometimes trying to find the next keycard!

Rizzi

They will be hidden, one to each level. It might be something like
pulling a lever in the foundry which opens a room nearby. The room as found in-game will NOT be the full level. But once you discover it you unlock a full version of the map, E.g. E1M2, playable from the main menu.

So far I've only found one, they seem to be pretty tucked away.

Oh cool. Will have to scour for secrets more diligently it seems.

Drewfonse

That's just fucking great, thanks a lot assholes for the stellar impressions.

Like I need another game.

Assholes.

Buying it. Anyone find it early in stores in the US?

I'm blown away. At the 3rd level or so and just having a blast. Graphics are fantastic and level design is really good so far. The levels remind me very much of Doom 2's in that they are just huge and full of secrets and hidden paths and nonlinear and linear in the same way Doom 2's were.

Dammit man....

Now I have to go buy it

Iced

One critical thing I need to know before I pull the trigger on this: can anti-aliasing be disabled? Because it couldn't be in the beta.

That's just fucking great, thanks a lot assholes for the stellar impressions.

Like I need another game.

Assholes.

Buying it. Anyone find it early in stores in the US?

I've played stellaris for an hour, uc4 hor an hour and doom for an hour >_<
When will I find the time to play all these games?

Do enemies respawn??

As far as I know they don't. I'm pretty early in the game so i don't know if that changes later on

mark_79

Banned
You jammy, jammy bastards! Fuck my 5850 and core 2 duo :(

Control wise are we looking at anything more unnecessary than w,a,s,d, f, left shift and mouse button 1, 2 & scroll wheel?

You jammy, jammy bastards! Fuck my 5850 and core 2 duo :(

Control wise are we looking at anything more unnecessary than w,a,s,d, f, left shift and mouse button 1, 2 & scroll wheel?

Mouse 3/left ctrl for grenades. You won't be needing left shift at all tough and C for crouch

Top Bottom