• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

TheMan

Glad to see all the positive impressions. I feel like this is a make or break game for id so here's hoping these impressions arent just early adopter syndrome and that their hard work translates into strong sales.

daedalius

Tomorrow the collectors edition will be mine!!!

Can't wait to play after reading some of these impressions, I might need to finish Heretic tonight just to calm the thirst.

Arkanius

I've tried two different VPN's, Steam still knows I'm in Europe.
The heck?

I'm sure Im not logged in into anything else

Any tips?

EDIT:

GUYS CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. IT WILL FORCE STEAM TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR NEW LOCATION.

UNPACKING

So the game does have big labyrinth style levels, with keycards?

Like, is it actually like Doom?

It's different to Doom in that it's more vertical, due to being able to jump. But the levels are fairly complex; lots of tucked away secrets, not always being obvious where you need to go. And yes, keycards, sometimes multiple ones.

The concept of the release date in the digital universe is making me very angry.

I have the game, yet I cannot play it.

Fuck fairness, let me play nao!

Went through an arena fight, then fell to death looking for secrets and had to do the entire thing over.

The good news is that the fight was fun enough that I didn't mind it.

Onemic

What in the fuck are you talking about, haha

ummm they dont?

enemies have never naturally respawned in doom games.

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. If you look right above the post I quoted, there is a poster saying no in response to a user asking if enemies respawn lol. I thought you were replying to that.

A-V-B

ummm they dont?

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. If you look right above the post I quoted, there is a poster saying no in response to a user asking if enemies respawn lol. I thought you were replying to that.

Nightmare difficulty.

abracadaver

ummm they dont?

In nightmare difficulty they did

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I would very much like to play this game but without a demo I can test to see if I can run it, I will hold off purchase. The multiplayer beta I tried, but couldn't get that running (was a common error I saw many people experience).

Mr Swine

Banned
I'm glad Doom is getting good positive feedback and one good review, I really hope this sells well so Idsoftware can create a single player DLc and sequel to this (Hell on Earth please)

What reason is there to choose the lower FOV settings on PS4? Does the framerate improve?

My biggest complaint about W:TNO was the horrible FOV. Felt like I had tunnel vision the entire time.

I would like some reviews before I go buy the PS4 version. You guys are making me excited though.

Do they use E1M1 music
more than just the intro?

Never had issues with release date shipping with Amazon before. Hopefully it works out. CS was helpful:

r0irG5q.png

I would like some reviews before I go buy the PS4 version. You guys are making me excited though.

Do they use E1M1 music
more than just the intro?

Listen closely when you find
the hidden figures.

Just finished the third mission. Loving the level design, hope it keeps up.

robot

Never had issues with release date shipping with Amazon before. Hopefully it works out. CS was helpful:

r0irG5q.png

A friend of mine has had release date delivery issues with the past 3 games he's ordered from Amazon. Ranging from 2-6 days late.

A friend of mine has had release date delivery issues with the past 3 games he's ordered from Amazon. Ranging from 2-6 days late.

Oh gawd. I had switched completely to Amazon because of Prime for about a year now. Maybe back to Best Buy club instead.

How are the loading screens? One of my biggest gripes in Doom 3 was the loading screens. This was for the XBox mind you, but loading screens have always been a make or break issue for me in videogames. The loading screens used in Arkham Asylum and City are the sweet spots for me. Likewise for The Last of Us. Anything longer than that is a deal breaker for me. Dead Rising 1 and 2 are examples of this. Even the Netherealm fighting games feel bogged down by their loading screens. How comparable is Doom to these games? I'm a console gamer and debating whether to buy this game or not. If I do decide to buy this game, should I go with PS4 or XBox One?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
How are the loading screens? One of my biggest gripes in Doom 3 was the loading screens. This was for the XBox mind you, but loading screens have always been a make or break issue for me in videogames. The loading screens used in Arkham Asylum and City are the sweet spots for me. Likewise for The Last of Us. Anything longer than that is a deal breaker for me. Dead Rising 1 and 2 are examples of this. Even the Netherealm fighting games feel bogged down by their loading screens. How comparable is Doom to these games?

would you be you playing on console or PC? I'm playing PC and for me I'm pretty sure it's like 10 seconds tops getting into a game from start up and then level changes. cant recall any loading at all once you're in a level.

Spoo

Damn. Just finished the first
hell level
and it was pretty crazy on ultraviolence.

Haven't had this much fun with FPS combat since FEAR :D

Onemic

How are the loading screens? One of my biggest gripes in Doom 3 was the loading screens. This was for the XBox mind you, but loading screens have always been a make or break issue for me in videogames. The loading screens used in Arkham Asylum and City are the sweet spots for me. Likewise for The Last of Us. Anything longer than that is a deal breaker for me. Dead Rising 1 and 2 are examples of this. Even the Netherealm fighting games feel bogged down by their loading screens. How comparable is Doom to these games? I'm a console gamer and debating whether to buy this game or not. If I do decide to buy this game, should I go with PS4 or XBox One?

PS4 has less tearing and is less susceptible to dynamic resolution changes supposedly.

Top Bottom