• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

codhand

dafacxd.gif

FHIZ

So that final shot of all the characters... I get to potentially bone all of them, right? If not, then what's even the point of next gen!? I'm going to go pre-order it just so I can cancel it in disgust.

Draft

Devil Bringer?

Dragon Age 1 had such great combat. It's a bummer that all the sequels moved away from the original combat system. This looks like a third person shooter.

Terra_Ex

Will be waiting for some GAF impressions from people who loathed DA2 before I even think about touching this. Looks nice but my trust in Bioware has been eroded completely. Are EA still doing their Origin exclusive bs or is this heading to steam?

3bdelilah

Banned
Looking very forward to this. Which is kind of weird, since I had a very hard time playing through DAO because of the obnoxious, tedious and repetitive combat. I stopped what felt like midgame, and I never bother that much with DA2. I felt the combat felt a lot better, but it wasn't enough to keep me interested.

So I hope this is the game that binds me to the Dragon Age series. If not, well, I at least tried.

Edit: for what it's worth, I played both DAO and DA2 on the PS3. Planning to play DAI on the PS3 too, since I don't see me owning a next gen (yes yes I know, current gen) console in October. And no, I don't have the cash right now for a solid gaming rig, otherwise I'd have built a pc yesterday.

I just dont ever want to play a dungeon in the fade again, please, for the love of god.

Does anyone know if the PC version will have controller support? Bioware is erally weird about that stuff.

li bur

I see two Bioware game waifu candidates I could go for, game saved and preorderer re-established.

Jokes aside, this trailer did its mission. I am now hyped. Now the real question is: what class are you going to be? A wizard or a wizard?

So far 2 of the games released (in the main series) have had mages/wizards as extremely OP. I wonder if this game tried to balance out the other classes so they can be as sweet to use. Blood magic is overpowered.

I only played the first so I don't know about the second one. I think its always designed to be that way. Blood magic is a forbidden magic and you have to give up several characters to attain it. I think its a quite fair trade offs.

Simzyy

Just remembered. I thought there was only 9 party members. So I guess a bunch of those people in that screenshot are just people who reside at your base of operations.

I promised myself I wouldn't get hyped for this, but that looks bloody amazing. Really makes me wonder just what in the hell happened with Dragon Age 2.

Coolade

Wow! It looks BEAUTIFUL! The script in the trailer is ... pretty bad, but I love the atmosphere of the world they presented. Can't wait to try it.

EDIT: Wait, why is this presented as a gameplay trailer?

"Gameplay" these days simply means they show you cuts of the game from cinematic camera angles using the in game engine. You shouldn't expect gameplay from the default camera angle and U.I until much closer to the games release. Unless you're watchdogs. And you see what problems that caused.

This looks like the perfect game for my PS4. Question: are there multiplayer aspect? I want it on my PS4 for the most likely better visuals. But my friends are on xbone. So, I sometime get pulled there. Ah man... it looks so good.. watching again!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Definitely not day 1ing this, I'll wait until some folks who know good RPG's give it a thumbs up.

Patryn

The faces are unrealistic and their animation looks dated. I wish they took inspiration in Beyond: Two Souls

It would have been literally impossible to do graphics of the level of Beyond: Two Souls in a Dragon Age game while also having it be cross-gen. To hope for that is fool hardy.

HeelPower

It's more of an action game than previous Dragon Age titles, but by no means should you compare the combat to Dragon's Dogma.

I saw quick rolling in the trailer ??Seems like it might have responsive combat ????

This was the most exciting part.

ICKE

Banned
I don't want to spoil myself regarding the plot but hopefully I will be able to continue my character from previous installments - as in having the possibility to kill all the mages who are responsible for most of the evil realities in the Dragon Age universe. Fade creatures and daemons, well meaning practitioners of magic etc..

If it's between them and some poor farmer whose child they are going to turn into an orphan, brother, they are going down.

GameSeeker

From the visuals you can plainly see it's a cross-gen game and clearly won't match true next-gen games (e.g., Witcher 3). The animations, character models, lighting model, etc. are all last-gen.

Gameplay is the big unknown. After DA2, there is no way I will buy this game till after I have read several dozen reviews on GAF. Fool me once, shame on EA. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Patryn

I saw quick rolling in the trailer ??Seems like it might have responsive combat ????

This was the most exciting part.

Again, do NOT approach this as a pure action game or you will be SORELY disappointed. It definitely will have more action elements, but I suggest you look up Dragon Age 2 in order to get a better idea of what combat will be like.

I am ready for something like this, I enjoyed DA: Origins at least on PC, although I was done with the formula by the end. The strailer was super cheesy, but the environments look cool.

Top Bottom