• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

HeelPower

Again, do NOT approach this as a pure action game or you will be SORELY disappointed. It definitely will have more action elements, but I suggest you look up Dragon Age 2 in order to get a better idea of what combat will be like.

oh ok.

Its just that I have no previous experience with DA and this trailer really gripped me with the action scenes.

Guess I gotta wait for actual details and reviews.

Kikujiro

I promised myself I wouldn't get hyped for this, but that looks bloody amazing. Really makes me wonder just what in the hell happened with Dragon Age 2.

Rushed development?

This looks indeed great, not so sure about the animations. Won't buy at release because of possible bugs and the river of DLCs, will eventually buy a complete/GOTY edition.

The only thing I'm scared about is the fact that there's a PS3/X360 version.

Jack cw

Looks amzing despite being Cross Gen. Really looking forward to this game. I hope the PS4 version runs at 1080p30fps and some AA. I can only imagine how good ME4 would look.

styl3s

Same day as Alien? Shit, since I'm so skeptical about DA: I after DA2, I'll probably grab Alien first and wait for user impressions on Inquisition.

This trailer is great, though.
Yeah.

The trailer looks great but so did DA2. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you. I tend to take this approach with EVERYTHING EA/BIO does now. I have been burned too many times and considering DA2 was one of my most disappointing games of last gen i am going to have to wait till i hear impressions.

I hope it turns out amazing because i love, love, love Dragon Age and would love another good Dragon Age. I think the "AAA" market needs more RPGs like the original DA.

ICKE

Banned
Again, do NOT approach this as a pure action game or you will be SORELY disappointed. It definitely will have more action elements, but I suggest you look up Dragon Age 2 in order to get a better idea of what combat will be like.

Then the game is going to be absolutely awful and not worth a purchase. I seriously hope the dev team learned their lesson regarding what people want from a Dragon Age game.

robo

and the usual pre-order bonus already tagged at the end. Hate that shit with a passion. If you need a pre-order bonus to sell your game, don't you think your not positive about it?

now lets see what happens between retailers!!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Then the game is going to be absolutely awful and not worth a purchase. I seriously hope the dev team learned their lesson regarding what people want from a Dragon Age game.

Wait, do you want it to be pure action?

IMO it needs to be more like DA:O. I think the dev team has said they are moving more that direction.

Patryn

oh ok.

Its just that I have no previous experience with DA and this trailer really gripped me with the action scenes.

Guess I gotta wait for actual details and reviews.

I don't want to put you off, but I just know that if you approach this thinking it's going to play like Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls, you'll be pretty disappointed.

Just trying to make sure people check their expectations.

Wait, do you want it to be pure action?

IMO it needs to be more like DA:O. I think the dev team has said they are moving more that direction.

They said that, but in all the demos of combat shown off, it really looks like DA2's combat, but with a few more free combat actions (like the scorpion spear for the Warrior, the roll, etc...)

Keep in mind these lines from Kotaku's preview:

Kotaku said:

So basically those expecting Dragon's Dogma will be sorely disappointed, but so will people expecting Dragon Age:Origins combat. This is not a pure RPG. It's an action RPG.

It's clear that Bioware is still pushing (silently) the whole "Think like a general, fight like a Spartan" ideology.

Well, I am suitably hyped. Mass Effect 3 has made me super wary of purchasing a Bioware game since I completed it, but I think I may well have to plonk down cash day one for this.

It's a huge bummer that the big-tittied pirate chick isn't among the main cast this time though. She was ace.

Jarmel

Banned
The animations look off. I know animations aren't Bioware's strong suit(nor any RPG makers I guess) but it still looked somewhat jarring at times.

H60U2RO.jpg

Fellow on the far right "Warrior, Grey Warden?" looks a heck of a lot like Duncan from Dragon Age: Origins.

Grisby

Ha ha, what timing, coming right after a playthrough of DA2. The art direction is off the charts and that forest area!

So it looks like Varric, Cassandra, and Leliana are coming back. Morrigan was in the reveal trailer. I wonder what state of the world Bioware is going with, like if Alistar is king or not, etc.

Damn, and the release date is sooner than expected. Exciting times.

Red Mage

Dunno whether to get this for PS3 or finally bite the bullet and get a PS4 for it.

Wait, does Varric have a beard? Why would they do that? = (

FUCK YOU EA!!!!!!

That's the same day as Shadows of Mordor and Alien: Isolation.

What's the problem there? Get DA:I day one and pick up the piss-poor fanfic game when it's on sale. = P

I only played the first so I don't know about the second one. I think its always designed to be that way. Blood magic is a forbidden magic and you have to give up several characters to attain it. I think its a quite fair trade offs.

I don't recall having to let go of any characters to learn blood magic in the first one. I learned it via
having the demon in the dream world of the kid teach it to me as my reward for letting her stay.
Evil? Yes. But who was going to notice? I'm pretty sure some of the characters voiced their complaints at first but I had enough good standing with them where nothing happened. In the second one I didn't go for it because I recall there only being one option to get it and I wasn't going to go for it.

Looks real good. Can't wait to see more of it. Here's a shot of all the companions and other majors NPCs. One with names and class, at least for those we know.

FAHCK.

That was Leliana? Well this now means my character's potential LI's has gone down by one and I'm now only left with the the bow elf, unless we can remove the maleficent helmet on the mage on the left because I don't go for cosplay, which if we can I guess I still have two options. Still, this means they brought back both of my choices from DAO but I refuse to go for Morrigan because she's hitched with my protag from the first game. And I'm pretty sure the Bioware guys said she wasn't an option.

UberTag

Looks like a really nice step up from DAII.
Will wait for reviews and impressions as giving EA Day 1 dollars for anything is absolutely out of the question now.
If they're able to recapture some of that DA: Origins magic, I'll be on board eventually.

Patryn

That was Leliana? Well this now means my character's potential LI's has gone down by one and I'm now only left with the the bow elf, unless we can remove the maleficent helmet on the mage on the left because I don't go for cosplay, which if we can I guess I still have two options. Still, this means they brought back both of my choices from DAO but I refuse to go for Morrigan because she's hitched with my protag from the first game. And I'm pretty sure the Bioware guys said she wasn't an option.

From what we know, Leliana is not a companion. The only previous companion who is also a companion in DA:I is Varric.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Fellow on the far right "Warrior, Grey Warden?" looks a heck of a lot like Duncan from Dragon Age: Origins.

There are several shots of him in artwork. One of which shows him shirtless at a gallows snapping off what looks to be a Grey Warden pendent. Duncan is dead though, dude is total worm food and this guy is big and hulking warrior. Hope he's from Anderfels and not Orlais or anything.

pottuvoi

Banned
So they went with the 'only one to survive' story.
I wonder if we will ever see a storyline where player is just a normal imperial towns guard which happens to run into a lone survivor and has to skate trough all the bullshit he/she does..
Would be exceptionally fun if the game would randomize some aspects, like if the guy would be important or not in the long run. (similar how Blade Runner did..)

Anyway, looks good so cautiously waiting for the actual game.

Glad they went with the in engine gameplay route rather than CG mix route

Games like these are my ultimate weakness and why I still am an avid gamer

H3xum

So it looks like Varric, Cassandra, and Leliana are coming back. Morrigan was in the reveal trailer. I wonder what state of the world Bioware is going with, like if Alistar is king or not, etc.

They've said that
Players who do not have or choose not to import a world-state into Inquisition will be provided a default "canon" as in Dragon Age II: an "Ultimate Sacrifice" Dalish Warden, Alistair made King, and Hawke a mage who sided with the mages in DA2
. But, it's confirmed that he will not be playable in any capacity.

Top Bottom