• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veil Guard Reveal Trailer (Fall 2024)| Xbox Showcase

Dazraell

Gold Member
So what do you guys think for release date? I feel the last two weeks of September would be the sweet spot in terms of separation from other big games and a good time of year to find success. But I’m not sure if the game will be ready that soon. I could see it being as late as third week of November.
It's EA. They're very predicitble with their release schedules. If the game is meant to have Fall release, they will most likely aim somewhere between second half of October and middle of November (around Black Friday)

PC Gamer isn't a person, the guy who wrote this article isn't the same guy who reviewed DA2 back then. I mean there's a guy on GAF who swears Forspoken is the best game ever doesn't mean everyone on GAF believes the same.
Oh hey a different person from the pcgamer review singing the praises of da 2 in 2021. What are the odds.

Also since no one has seen gameplay or hands on a lot of the 'outrage' is laughably predictable. It was always gonna be hated. Fated even.
The hilarity is multiplied by an order of magnitude when you consider one of the personalities of Hawke is being the quipy marvel character. I know because I recently replayed a bit of it.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
At this point, watching a trailer for a FANTASY GAME using silly ass contemporary music automatically makes me gag.
I just hate that stuff something fierce - immersion broken in the first second of the trailer, what's the point of that?!

Trailers like that will age like fine milk.
Actually, no, they start out like finely aged milk and will get worse from there.

Hudo

Gold Member
BioWare are on GAF, it seems.
Yeah, this guy is extremely trusthworthy. I remember him leaving Neogaf after people rightfully calling him out for hyping Mass Effect Andromeda, which turned out to be a huge pile of shit.
I think Andromeda is a solid game if it hadn't been a Mass Effect.

What makes Andromeda so profoundly disappointing is that it is a follow up to the OG trilogy. I hope that for the next Mass Effect (if BioWare are still around to make it) they just decide on one of the 3 endings of the OG trilogy and go with that. Stay in Milky Way. Don't pussy out and go to Andromeda or whatever.

Gamezone

Gold Member
BioWare are on GAF, it seems.

I think Andromeda is a solid game if it hadn't been a Mass Effect.

What makes Andromeda so profoundly disappointing is that it is a follow up to the OG trilogy. I hope that for the next Mass Effect (if BioWare are still around to make it) they just decide on one of the 3 endings of the OG trilogy and go with that. Stay in Milky Way. Don't pussy out and go to Andromeda or whatever.
It might be better now, but without patches it was terrible.

anthony2690

I'll wait for the gameplay trailer before completely writing this off, but that CGI trailer was really bad, if I knew it wasn't dragonage, I would think it's a hero shooter thing being advertised 🥲

Last edited:
Yeah, this guy is extremely trusthworthy. I remember him leaving Neogaf after people rightfully calling him out for hyping Mass Effect Andromeda, which turned out to be a huge pile of shit.

I remember a time when people would lose their shit just for questioning this man’s motives.

He comes on the scene , apparently has all this info, especially on BioWare games like Andromeda and it’s somehow unreasonable to question who he is or what he’s up to with that?

Nah

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Oh the tears on this forum when the game is actually really good. There is a full gameplay reveal in a few days

a "mega fan" playing defence force on twitter is pretty common with things that are terrible, to be honest.

we'll see how the gameplay turns out, but to be fair to everyone, we can only judge based on what we have been shown, it's the publisher's fault if it's not indicative of the final product, not people criticising it.

TheStam

That short clip gave me a little bit of hope back... but deep inside I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. Looking forward to the longer showing later today.

Interfectum

The Game Director ladies and gentlemen:

GPv-JvUbIAErXEg

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

CRPG's used to have a nice mix of badass and genuinly witty, interesting charming characters. These characters are a bunch of unlikeable fucks that fail at being badass or funny.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
At this point, watching a trailer for a FANTASY GAME using silly ass contemporary music automatically makes me gag.
I just hate that stuff something fierce - immersion broken in the first second of the trailer, what's the point of that?!

Trailers like that will age like fine milk.
Actually, no, they start out like finely aged milk and will get worse from there.
I’m calling it now, the next trailer will feature Ride or Die by DMX.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Haters are going to get their rear end handed to them Veilguard will be a legitimate, inquisition was a mainstream success.
Success does not equal quality.
Hogwards Legacy was a huge success, and that game was AT BEST mid tier gameplay-wise, crap story-wise, and basically only got the setting and graphics right,

But it is possible, and indeed likely, that this Dragon Age will be better than its marketing material.
After all, it is difficult to be worse.

Last edited:

laynelane

It's at 203K dislikes to 36K likes at this time. People are really going in on this trailer. It will be interesting if the game play reveal makes much of a difference.

Methos#1975

To be fair, it does make good first Impressions, it is only after spending lots of time with that the issues begin

Top Bottom