• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veil Guard Reveal Trailer (Fall 2024)| Xbox Showcase

Aretak

It looks every bit like a bunch of salvaged assets from the multiplayer live service game that it began life as. I'm not angry or upset though, and I don't understand why other people seem to be. Inquisition was garbage. So was Dragon Age 2. I don't understand there being any expectations for this one at all. It's a series which has spent far more time sucking than it ever did being good. It's like getting hyped for a new Sonic game.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Honestly looks more like artwork to me? This does look dope, but if it's just art, well, that's not worth much then.
That's most definitely not in-game footage. I agree that it looks pretty cool and one of the reasons this game might be okay. But that's probably just wishful thinking of my part.

darrylgorn

Neon purple aesthetic in Dragon Age is such a weird choice. Avowed had the same thing

I think Avowed has a colourful palette, including green and orange, and stands out from the more drab, overly mature aesthetic looking games of the genre.

Also, the first person perspective and character models in Avowed look much better than what's been shown here so far.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
what if a number of game scripts were already being written by ai, & they've just never gotten around to telling us?...

"what if" lol, not only that. Characters are AI-generated too. Just compare Concord, Bleeding Edge, and these, they all look the same.

This is a talentless studio with people who can't write or create anything other than trash.

AI has been used for cinema scripts before AI was a thing, that's why so many movies directed by inexperienced diversity directors are the same shit.

I hope this game shuts down Bioware.

Metnut

Trailer did not look good but I’ve read from a few places that people who’ve had access to the gameplay that say the trailer doesn’t do it justice and the works looks really detailed and interesting.

Hopefully the in depth look at the gameplay manages to salvage this disaster.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
DA2 wasn't like DA1 and DA3 wasn't like DA2. If the battle system is like the other games then it will still be a fun game for me at least.

Hudo

Gold Member
Trailer did not look good but I’ve read from a few places that people who’ve had access to the gameplay that say the trailer doesn’t do it justice and the works looks really detailed and interesting.

I gotta say, at some point you'd expect the marketing department at BioWare and/or EA to know how to make a trailer that does a game justice...

Let's say even if this was true, first impressions have significantly more weight now then they ever did in this industry. With rising game prices and offerings like Playstation Plus and Gamepass, giving customers any reason to dismiss your game as a day one purchase is a death sentence.

Hell just look At Saints Row and Suicide Squad. If you look through those threads you'll get a lot of "pass" or "I'll wait for it to hit Gamepass" posts. I mean just look at the ratio on YouTube. Can anybody name a game that got ratioed this hard that turned out to be good and sold well?

They can show gameplay that is good and has a different tone than the trailer, but it's too late. They have already lost a lot of people who were even thinking about being on the fence about it, like me.

Last edited:

Stafford

Let's wait for tomorrow to get real gameplay before we write it off. I sure am. After what Shinobi602 said I have a bit more faith I guess, just a bit. I do realize he praised Andromeda.

TheUsual

Gold Member
DAO was the introduction to CRPGs for me so it will always be very special.

After this reveal, I'm going have to wait for the gameplay trailer before anymore thoughts. But that name change and reveal tone...ugh

Ristifer

The trailer was absolutely atrocious and didn't do it any favours whatsoever. However, I am still interested to see what the gameplay is actually like.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Fuck it I’m in, overall tone of the trailer is a bit to comedic but can see some good stuff past the surface. Can’t be worse then part 2 and 3 was one of my fav game of that gen.

ZiriusOne

There's no need for their involvement.

tPBik8o.jpeg

90390yp.jpeg

Oh, Corinne Busche's Twitter account is now locked and comments are invisible. Of course.
That's honestly all i needed to know. Into the trash it goes.

This has "THE MESSAGE" written all over it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine being that dumb to take shinobi opinion.

The freak kick his own son out of a bus.
When Xbox One and PS4 were coming out in the fall and both companies were tight lipped about launch dates (I think they both told the public in September), Shinobi claimed in the summer the systems would "come out in October or December".

Even with that shotgun approach, he still missed. Both systems came out in mid November (one was the 15th and the other 22nd). Goes to show he cant even get a launch month right leading up to it.

Last edited:

Montauk

It's going to be one of those games where gender ideology nonsense will be put before anything else. That twitter bio basically confirms that.

Somehow I doubt the plot of the game is going to be about “gender ideology nonsense”. It will feature some characters who aren’t straight though.

You think the story itself is going to be based on “nonsense” because the director is open about their identity on their Twitter account and said that the representation of non-straight people is important?

Do you actually think that anyone who isn’t straight shouldn’t appear in games? Like, we can do whatever we want in private, but we don’t get to be part of popular culture like movies and games?

Should we be invisible?

I haven't really liked any of the Dragon Age games, so I don't really have a horse in the race to begin with. But I did find it kind of funny that Dragon Age looks more like Fable, and Fable looks more like Dragon Age.

We'll see, I'm not averse to the tone if the game actually looks and plays well. It's not like this fall season appears to be loaded with heavy hitters either. We'll know for sure after the gameplay reveal.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Somehow I doubt the plot of the game is going to be about “gender ideology nonsense”. It will feature some characters who aren’t straight though.

You think the story itself is going to be based on “nonsense” because the director is open about their identity on their Twitter account and said that the representation of non-straight people is important?

Yes, as every movie, videogame or entertainment product in the last five years by people who focus on identities more than their actual work.

The art direction of the game is fully determined by ideology, how can the story not be?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What is the story with his son? I tried googling but nothing comes out.
I forget the exact details, but years back he tweeted to the masses like he's father of the year. He claimed his young kid said he doesn't like black people, so Shinobi scolded his son in public.

Instead of people jumping for joy like he's a hero, people ragged on it.

Humdinger

Gold Member
I'm looking at the game not just as the next in the DA series, but as an indication of what the next Mass Effect might be like. It's not looking good. I'm holding out some hope for the gameplay reveal tomorrow, though.

RavageX

2 characters walking and almost nothing to see " it looks great"

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
Well I was waiting for some action.

Mini RANT:

I am fucking tired of trailers being characters walking through different settings. YAY the sons of bitches know how to walk! Oh wait, holy shit they can RUN TOO?!? If they aren't walking or running, then they are standing.

Anything worth seeing usually appears near or at release.
Sick of it.

Top Bottom