• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

DCkOC87UAAAXv1T.jpg

Started From the bottom

DCkOnD3UMAAUY3j.jpg

Now we're here.
We finally made it to the promise land, guys.

That god gave that guy a tiny bit of god destruction power. Also, sending him clearly wasn't all that bad an idea. The tricks/moves that dog did to nearly kill Frieza were badass. First he tossed out a fake, then drew Frieza's attention to yet another fake, only to bring the real one up right underneath him so fast that he couldn't stop it from making contact. He nearly ended Golden Frieza. Not bad at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That god gave that guy a tiny bit of god destruction power. Also, sending him clearly wasn't all that bad an idea. The tricks/moves that dog did to nearly kill Frieza were badass. First he tossed out a fake, then drew Frieza's attention to yet another fake, only to bring the real one up right underneath him so fast that he couldn't stop it from making contact. He nearly ended Golden Frieza. Not bad at all.

Nearly ended my ass. Freeza literally trolled him.

Fandangox

Speaking of Yamcha, the VA said he recorded a bunch of lines that week and the week after, when would that be reflected in Super?

When is Frieza gonna ask Zeno to remove the no killing rule, he can get Goku to back him up when he sees Hit in the corner with puppy dog eyes cause he can't go all out.

Speaking of Yamcha, the VA said he recorded a bunch of lines that week and the week after, when would that be reflected in Super?

Whenever Yamcha saves the world from a massive threat while the rest of the cast are at the tournament in cutaways.

With Goten and Trunks' help, of course.

Fandangox

Whenever Yamcha saves the world from a massive threat while the rest of the cast are at the tournament in cutaways.

With Goten and Trunks' help, of course.

It would be sweet, but nothing good ever happens to Yamcha,just wondering what week would be the supposed episodes he appears a lot in.

Huh, if U6 has a Yardrat (at first I was gonna nitpick about it looking different and then I remembered, duh, U6 Saiyans look different as well) then I wonder if the rest of U6 will be original like Magetta/Botamo or if they'll also be counterparts. Will we see U6 versions of Namekians and Earthlings?

(Random idea that just came to me: one U6 fighter appears to be completely original, then halfway through they face someone and shout CHANGE! and are revealed to be Ginyu's original species)

Freeza trolled him.

Huh, if U6 has a Yardrat (at first I was gonna nitpick about it looking different and then I remembered, duh, U6 Saiyans look different as well) then I wonder if the rest of U6 will be original like Magetta/Botamo or if they'll also be counterparts. Will we see U6 versions of Namekians and Earthlings?

(Random idea that just came to me: one U6 fighter appears to be completely original, then halfway through they face someone and shout CHANGE! and are revealed to be Ginyu's original species)
Hopefully we see U6 namekians
The yardat looks so smug.

NimbusD

it gets so annoying how goku literally battled a god from the future only to have freeza 'mind-train' for a while and surpass him (or even, or whatever).

Oh well lol, gotta stop trying to put rules on whats happening in this shwo.

L Thammy

Whoa, I didn't even notice the Yardrat guy. Though their appearance is filler only, right? And they have a totally different one in Dragon Ball Online.

caliph95

Universe 9 fucking sucks.

Its Supreme Kai is an amoral jackass.
Its God of Destruction is a wimp and easily manipulated.
The best three guys they could get were the Trio de Dangers, who all lost - they even used poison and some kind of steroid powerup and the best they could do was tie to an out of shape Gohan who refused Senzu healing when he could have.
We still don't know if they managed to get a full team together.
They have the lowest rating.
Word about their universe being erased immediately spread and caused chaos, and Sidra's response was to just wipe out a city in annoyance.
Their angel actually looked panicked.
Sidra got completely duped by Quitela.
Their top assassins were pushover mooks who immediately spilled the beans.
The two top gods started freaking out and making excuses because Freeza started talking to them.
Freeza gave them a... (sigh) golden opportunity to screw over Universe 7 and gain a ruthless contestant with godlike power and they bickered about it and lost their chance.
You see why the are considered the worst universe by Grand Whis and Zeno
Also i don't the Angel panicked just frustrated

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
it gets so annoying how goku literally battled a god from the future only to have freeza 'mind-train' for a while and surpass him (or even, or whatever).

Oh well lol, gotta stop trying to put rules on whats happening in this shwo.

I mean, Freeza started off stronger than him so Goku had the better growth during the same period.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I mean, Freeza started off stronger than him so Goku had the better growth during the same period.

Goku also spent 3 years training in the RoSaT with Vegeta, plus another year or two outside the chamber, plus time in Whis's version of the RoSaT.

Frieza couldn't do any physical conditioning since he was immobilized. He's still operating off of only 4 months of training, even with a year or two of mind training in hell.

sirap

I really want a Golden Frieza figurine. What's the best one to buy?

EDIT: Meh, all of them look terrible. Looks like I'll have to sculpt one myself.

Goku also spent 3 years training in the RoSaT with Vegeta, plus another year or two outside the chamber, plus time in Whis's version of the RoSaT.

Frieza couldn't do any physical conditioning since he was immobilized. He's still operating off of only 4 months of training, even with a year or two of mind training in hell.

Dude's a genetic freak. The Scott Steiner of the DB world.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I forgot about those 3 years of training. Wow, Goku had really shit gains compared to Freeza. God help them all if Freeza ever gets the chance to train seriously again.

Just caught up to the episode and man was it some good trolling by Toei. For a minute I legitimately thought that the 2ch was real and Yamcha was going to be the last warrior but it was just Freeza being Freeza. While Goku and Freeza are matched in blue and golden form, Goku still has Kaioken that can make him stronger than Freeza so there's that.

I-hate-u

So from this episode, it's safe to say the power ranking on U7 team is as follow:

1. Goku
2. Freeza
3. Vegeta
4. Gohan
5. 17
6. Piccolo
7. 18
8. Krillin
9. Roshi
10. Tien

Zolo

Figured I'd bring back the old list now that we're only an episode away from everyone gathering.

List:

By Birth Month:
Universe 1: RocknRola, munchie64, Slaythe, RedBaron17, bigosc2k, The Adder, celsowmbr, Krixeus, Solid Sora, Linkstrikesback, SalvaPot, Daemul (12 members)

Universe 2: PancakeBurglar, The Silver, Undead Fantasy, Zaverious, Fou-Lu, GuessMyUserName, Nightbird, Carl2291, BasilZero, TeamLeftMatch, Rutger (11 members)

Universe 3: Pankratous, Ashodin, SkywardBeam, Error404SwagNotFound, Sub_Level, Salty Rice, Snaku, Namikaze1, Moaradin, EchoChamber, tri_willy, nitronite, Blackleg-sanji1, Tsunamo, Omega Kirby, Bacon_Boss, GaimeGuy, Etzer (18 members)

Universe 4: Aeon07, asagami_, Rapscallion, Uzumaki Goku, Cimarron, Corronchilejano, Fidelis Hodie, Effect, Zelias (9 members)

Universe 5: sakyot, DarthOrange, Daingurse, Chaotic-Strike, Fulminator, dustyherb, DeadPhoenix, Kyzon, Host Samurai, MidnightRain, Troubled Bat (11 members)

Universe 6: Toad.T, J4g3r, Kagari, Zalman, A Pretty Panda, Seven Force, Tamanon, NZerker12, Sub Boss, ShaunButter, Neoxon, Epsilon-delta (12 members)

Universe 7: Skeeter49, LNBL, Galactic Specter, Jmille99, Baleoce, Bowl0l, foxuzamaki, Ingeniero, Saitama, mocolostrocolos, Omni, Glendemonium, Squall ASF, Durden77 (14 members)

Universe 8: AlimNassor, KidA Seven, KHlover, Inukage, w3bba, ZangBa, Enforced, CherryWoodFuton (8 members)

Universe 9: Zolo, ElFly, brinstar, StaticJam, ChackanKun, Waldini, royalroyal, Angelcurio, Kaze Kyou, caliph95, Choabac (11 members)

Universe 10: SolVanderlyn, Icyflamez96, Reizo Ryuu, Genryu, Fj0823, WhiteWolf, zashga, donkey show, Crimsonlink, Real Hero, NobleGreenBeast, SenjutsuSage, Melfice7, L Thammy (14 members)

Universe 11: Byakuya769, Ash735, hikarutilmitt, omnislayer, Kalentan, SparksterMeta0, Distresssss, Laiza, D-Pad, damisa (10 members)

Universe 12: HardRojo, ArchedThunder, NandoGip, MasterCheeze, Skii, Order, Welfare, Unspeakable Evil, Kirie, Dagobert Duck, sleverfunk, Sephzilla, spidye, jaxapollo, Japanmanx3 (15 members)

I, for one, am confident in Universe 9's ability to win this tournament.

NimbusD

So from this episode, it's safe to say the power ranking on U7 team is as follow:

1. Goku
2. Freeza
3. Vegeta
4. Gohan
5. 17
6. Piccolo
7. 18
8. Krillin
9. Roshi
10. Tien
Except 17 went toe to toe w goku blue because reasons. I'd at least put him above Gohan, but who knows.

HeroR

I forgot about those 3 years of training. Wow, Goku had really shit gains compared to Freeza. God help them all if Freeza ever gets the chance to train seriously again.

Golden Frieza started out stronger than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. So really, Goku had a better growth than Frieza, especially with the Kaioken.

Slaythe

I think Gohan will be more powerful than 17 in terms of raw power.

Of course, 17's defense is a million times better so that will probably give him the edge, on top of his endless stamina.

That's hard to gauge characters ranking with brute power.

dickroach

I can't believe the tournament's finally starting next week.

I wonder how many fluff episodes of random monsters and bird creatures and whatever from other universes that have no real impact battling/getting killed there's gonna be.. that's what next week's episode seems to be

dickroach

It doesn't actually start next week does it ?

Looked more like an introduction before it really starts.
yeah, I guess there might not be any real fighting, but Goku says "At last, the tournament of power is beginning," so we're there, damnit!

L Thammy

Tournament of Power Recruitment Arc - 18 episodes
Tournament of Power About to Start Arc - 18 episodes
The actual Tournament of Power Arc - 18 episodes

Just watch.

ERotIC

Banned
Frieza was surprisingly badass.

Makes no sense that he's want to jump ship to Universe 9, though, co soldering his only interaction with them has been. super weak minions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom