• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam?

Hey steam users. This is not a Mosou. I repeat. This is not a Mosou. Return to your regularly scheduled programming. Get excite.

Game is great fun once you get going. Liked the story also.

It's only worth being excited if the port will be good too...which is highly unlikely.

Nothing is impossible though.

Foffy

Banned
Uh oh, a Koei game on PC. If it's not their strategy games, they find some way to fuck it up.

Hope the trend doesn't continue here. I believe the PS4 version of the game was the only one brought over, but I can see Koei using the PS3 version as the version they'll port over.

Heartfyre

Anyone following Dragon Quest Heroes' localisation shouldn't be surprised at this news. Definitely good for PC players, though, as this is probably the most refreshing musou games in a long time. Definitely a level above even Hyrule Warriors. Should be a great start to 2016.

I really should be excited but this is an Omega Force game published by S-E.

The PC port is going to be ASS.

Yes they will port over and localize the ps3 version to steam even though it was the ps4 version they localized.

Yes. They will make more work for themselves just to fuck over the PC users.

I get the feeling that this is exactly what's going to happen.

Percy

Banned
Under optimal circumstances this would be great news, but after what a fuckshow One Piece PW3 on PC was I'm kinda done trusting KT to make good on PC versions of their games.

Already picked up DQH on PS4 anyways so I'm fine with that unless the PC version somehow is good, in which case I'll happily double dip. Game is pretty great so it'd be nice if KT wants to make it worth my time doing so, rather than pulling some shit like basing it on the PS3 version or something.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That's an interesting way to announce a port

Bolivar687

Banned
So this was what the "Exclusive Playstation Content" notice on the cover was about.

Everybody buy this, the game is fantastic. It's not a musou (tm)

Grief.exe

In the back of my mind, I always had a feeling that all these Square games would be coming to PC as well.

This game looks okay, but the real prize will be Nier, Kingdom Hearts, and FFXV in order of descending interest.

So this was what the "Exclusive Playstation Content" notice on the cover was about.

Everybody buy this, the game is fantastic. It's not a musou (tm)

Have to see how the port turns out first. Can't trust KT to do even a passable job.

Son Of D

Have they ever delivered a Kingdom Hearts title digitally on a non-mobile platform yet?

The only non-mobile digital KH content is a KH3D demo. Yeah...

Although 2.8 might be the first digital title (and conveniently it's the only one without Utada Hikaru's music).

In the back of my mind, I always had a feeling that all these Square games would be coming to PC as well.

This game looks okay, but the real prize will be Nier, Kingdom Hearts, and FFXV in order of descending interest.

Have to see how the port turns out first. Can't trust KT to do even a passable job.

You forgot DQXI :p

Tizoc

Is there any reason K-T isn't mentioned AT THE Bottom of the ad?
It only shows Valve and S-E

UbVvR5y.png

Vlaphor

Ok, I suppose it makes more sense to port the PS4 version to PC...but if they just slap the PS4 translation on the PS3 version and then go through the extra effort to port that version, I won't be ultra-surprised.

I'm still kinda bitter over DOA5. It could've been the absolute best version, and on a platform with almost no 3d fighters! Instead they actually went out of their way to make it potentially the worst version (if you care about online play and DLC costumes). Ok, I'm done. Looking forward to this, glad I didn't buy it PS4...though I do wish I had gotten the special edition packaging.

Domstercool

That would be pretty impressive since they never localized that one. Koei would have out of their way to make this thing a PS3 port lol

Did DOA5 LR get an arcade English release? Since the PC version was an arcade port and not a PS4 port, so wondering.... Not much text, but still, they could just copy the PS4 translation. :D

Haunted

Might be time to give another Musou game a shot after the last two I tried were shit (DW8 and one of the One Piece ones).

Jeremy

I couldn't get into this game at all and wish I would have stuck with it (maybe I'll rebuy) but I am just glad to see the precedent of having Dragon Quest on PC.

autoduelist

Keen. Out of reasons to get a PS4 again. For now.

My reasons to get a PS4 keep dwindling. Pretty much just leaves the Shenmue 3 physical edition I kickstarted.

While I'm more than happy to see games come out on multiple platforms, it's very evident with posts like this why exclusives exist in the first place to differentiate platforms. Though i think PC/console is differentiated enough for other reasons that exclusivity takes a backseat in most cases.

kagamin

Oh goodie, I'm glad I have an option to get this game now, DQH2 might be a thing on PC too, but I'll probably get it on Vita for portability.

And people thought I was crazy when I said Dragon Quest Heroes would show up on PC. So glad I didn't get the PS4 version. Still, I won't be surprised if KT ports the PS3 version of the game to Steam like they have with their other games...the jerks.

orochi91

Nice!

Will get it, hopefully this means Square releases all their games on Steam in the future.

FF15 is inevitable, I feel :3

And people thought I was crazy when I said Dragon Quest Heroes would show up on PC. So glad I didn't get the PS4 version. Still, I won't be surprised if KT ports the PS3 version of the game to Steam like they have with their other games...the jerks.

Isn't the PS4 version 1080p/60fps?

It wouldn't be a bad purchase.

Lucreto

Good for PC players, its an amazing game.

If this helps Hero's 2, builders and XI getting localised all the better.

Top Bottom