• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam?

Pranay

Steam becoming the home for lots more Japanese games?
yesitis2.gif

replacing xbox

deleted

Just heard about this - pretty great if you ask me.

I love Toriyamas art style, I always liked Dragon Quest, even though the games themselves are not for me and I had my eye on this game, but I don't own a console besides the Wii U, so this is a more then welcome addition to steam for me :)

ezodagrom

Omega Force...
*checks wikipedia*
So Japan got a PS3 version... Not a good sign...
Even though PS3 version is JP exclusive, previous Omega Force PC ports were ports of PS3 versions even though PS4 versions of those games exist... Hope this time they actually port the PS4 version, but, better keep expectations low.

sörine

Banned
Omega Force...
*checks wikipedia*
So Japan got a PS3 version... Not a good sign...
Even though PS3 version is JP exclusive, previous Omega Force PC ports were ports of PS3 versions even though PS4 versions of those games exist... Hope this time they actually port the PS4 version, but, better keep expectations low.
The real issue usually is assets, but I was under the impression they were identical in DQH across PS3 and PS4 and the latter only improved framerate/resolution?

sörine;185308154 said:
The real issue usually is assets, but I was under the impression they were identical in DQH across PS3 and PS4 and the latter only improved framerate/resolution?

It will all come down to that. Maybe textures too.
Anyway, SE should make it official now.

Aselith

I think the price will depend on a game, for example I doubt FF XV or FF VII remake would be half price on PC.

All of the Final Fantasy games have launched at lower prices I don't see why those would be different. They may not go half price but $40 or so would reasonable.

Asd202

All of the Final Fantasy games have launched at lower prices I don't see why those would be different. They may not go half price but $40 or so would reasonable.

The diffrence would be the game budget and time of it's original release.

Nzyme32

Sorry, I should be more specific, KH 1.5, 2.5 and Birth by Sleep didn't get digital download version because Disney against that. We haven't heard anything from SE and Disney that KH3 will get digital version or not. And SE can't hold back it from PC because they don't have any control to the IP

I don't believe that at all. Disney has been pushing digital for quite a while and does so with everything else. It is far more likely that if something like this is going on, it is something to do with SE or some sort of prior very old agreement

I don't believe that at all. Disney has been pushing digital for quite a while and does so with everything else. It is far more likely that if something like this is going on, it is something to do with SE or some sort of prior very old agreement

I heard this back when BBS can't get digital download version so I don't know much about it. Either that or "Simple and Clean" license

The only non-mobile digital KH content is a KH3D demo. Yeah...

Although 2.8 might be the first digital title (and conveniently it's the only one without Utada Hikaru's music).

Well technically Unchained Chi, but that also conveniently does't have Utada music either.

Corpekata

Banned
I think the no KH digital thing was rumored to be about the music contracts. They'd need to renegotiate them to allow for digital media. It might also explain why random Square games like Crisis Core aren't on PSN.

I mean I'm fairly certain Sony and MS have mandated that all games will get a digital release on their current platforms so I don't see Kingdom Hearts being the game to avoid that.

Grief.exe

I think the no KH digital thing was rumored to be about the music contracts. They'd need to renegotiate them to allow for digital media. It might also explain why random Square games like Crisis Core aren't on PSN.

I mean I'm fairly certain Sony and MS have mandated that all games will get a digital release on their current platforms so I don't see Kingdom Hearts being the game to avoid that.

That feel of Kingdom Hearts on PC.

I would actually prefer the new Nier game by Platinum, but I have a feeling we are getting both.

I too feel this pain. What good is globalization if I can't buy games in my own region.

Japanese publishers are weird about releasing games in Japan.

sörine

Banned
Nope, Puyo Puyo Tetris is already retail only on PS4 and Xbox One so there's no set rule. Weirdly the game was retail + digital on 3DS, Vita and Wii U though.

I've always been skeptical of the idea of any KH deal preventing digital releases across the board though. If that were the case we wouldn't have gotten things like Coded or Unchained X. And if there is some weird "non-console" clause for digital then Steam would be fine anyway.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Has there been any other information besides a supposedly leaked ad and a mysterious database app entry? Any official "We have nothing to say at the moment" or "Wait a bit and you'll see" from Square-Enix?

Mozendo

As long as it's a playable port I'm happy.
But I'm wondering who's in charge of the port? Would it be one Squeenix's studios or Omega-Force

prudislav

Has there been any other information besides a supposedly leaked ad and a mysterious database app entry? Any official "We have nothing to say at the moment" or "Wait a bit and you'll see" from Square-Enix?

nothing official as far as i know yet - only this leak through steam update page, which is imo more certain than steamdb leak

Top Bottom