• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nice to have another option for purchasing the game! No plans on buying either version right now, but down the road I will.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Nice!

Will get it, hopefully this means Square releases all their games on Steam in the future.

FF15 is inevitable, I feel :3

Isn't the PS4 version 1080p/60fps?

It wouldn't be a bad purchase.

Wow, you've really changed your tune from hoping dark souls 3 would be a platform exclusive when it got announced.

Oh my god, you have no idea how many times I've come close to buying a PS4 JUST for this game during these past 2 weeks.

Something kept telling me to wait just a bit longer. I'm so glad I did. This also bodes well for DQ XI. If they are bringing a spinoff like this to PC, it would be weird for them to not to bring the main game over too.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I was itching for some schadenfreude that day :p

kevin-in-disbelief-gif.gif

whatever floats your boat i guess

Peff

OK so Square gives us Heroes first instead of a traditional DQ like 8 or 7 or even X

I can never understand them

It's both the new thing and the one they just spent what I imagine must have been quite a bit of money localizing. If they're not dumb, we may see the phone ports on Steam eventually, and DQXI PC seems like a really likely possibility now too.

DeeeFoo

Neo Member
How accurate is the "Only on Playstation" label as an indication that the game won't be expanded to other platforms in the future? I need to start keeping an eye out for that label if it's accurate.

Also, when's the earliest that we can expect the STEAM version to release? I've been wanting to get the PS4 version for the holiday season, and don't know whether to hold off or not.

It would seem silly if KT ports the PS3 version, since they would have to put in the extra effort to first localize the PS3 version and then port it, instead of just porting the already-localized PS4 version. I guess the good thing is that the PS3 and PS4 versions of this game don't differ by much.

Corpekata

Banned
How accurate is the "Only on Playstation" label as an indication that the game won't be expanded to other platforms in the future? I need to start keeping an eye out for that label if it's accurate.

Also, when's the earliest that we can expect the STEAM version to release? I've been wanting to get the PS4 version for the holiday season, and don't know whether to hold off or not.

It would seem silly if KT ports the PS3 version, since they would have to put in the extra effort to first localize the PS3 version and then port it, instead of just porting the already-localized PS4 version. I guess the good thing is that the PS3 and PS4 versions of this game don't differ by much.

Probably early 2016. There was a "exclusively in 2015" thread about the game linked earlier so it's likely something similar to Tomb Raider where it'll appear a bit after. If they've got the preorder page nearly ready to go then it's gotta be within the next few months.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
YAS

First Killer Instinct, now this? It's like all the games I want this gen (except for a few Nintendo games) are coming to the PC. What a great time to not buy any current-gen system.

me0wish

omg! So happy! I was literally talking about it an hour ago with my friend and how unhappy I am about having to buy it on his PS4 instead of having it on steam, great news! Hope they won't screw us over and port the PS3 version.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Its KT, when push comes to shove they obviously didn't give a shit who nude modded DOA5 even with their weak ass warnings.

The money for porting these games is much too great.

Now....would mainline games ever find their way to PC? That's a bigger question, and probably not as clear cause its not KT

kswiston

So I guess we can expect buggy ports of the mobile ports of the main games with inefficient UIs and font & control issues sometime soon thereafter (still bitter over FF4).

I hope so. I am looking forward to getting some of those buggy mobile ports on the cheap during a future Square-Enix Humble Bundle. I think they finally burned through most of their Eidos stuff with the last bundle.

sense

sörine;185274812 said:
Great news, will buy.

Hopefully Builders follows, that game would seriously clean up on Steam.

lol @cleanup lets be real here. i hope we are talking 500k or less which is not bad by any means but your comment makes it seem like it will sell millions. i am talking about dqb here IF it comes to PC

sörine

Banned
lol @cleanup lets be real here. i hope we are talking 500k or less which is not bad by any means but your comment makes it seem like it will sell millions. i am talking about dqb here IF it comes to PC
The real opportunity with Builders is pretty much operating in the void left by (no) Minecraft. If handled right (timing, price, promo, support, content) it could definitely be a million seller, maybe a multimillion seller in time.

There's a reason Terraria did 6m+ on Steam.

Hoping all DQ 7 and 8 remake comes to Steam somehow
This would be excellent too. Even the Unity engine DQVIII at least.

FF7R, FF15 definitely do have a shot.

Nier and DQ11 is probably up in the air.

Star Ocean, KH...i'd say probably not

All games you mentioned have a chance to come to Steam (even Star Ocean, it has more chance than FF15) except Kingdom Hearts since it's handled by Disney

Corpekata

Banned
All games you mentioned have a chance to come to Steam (even Star Ocean, it has more chance than FF15) except Kingdom Hearts since it's handled by Disney

Why would you think Disney would be against releasing it on PC? They just a few months ago dumped a shitload of their back catalog on Steam, and they're working with companies like Double Fine to release their remakes that Disney now owns the rights to. If there's anything holding it back from a PC release it is likely Square and their unpredictable Japanese game on PC support.

Why would you think Disney would be against releasing it on PC? They just a few months ago dumped a shitload of their back catalog on Steam, and they're working with companies like Double Fine to release their remakes that Disney now owns the rights to. If there's anything holding it back from a PC release it is likely Square and their unpredictable Japanese game on PC support.

Sorry, I should be more specific, KH 1.5, 2.5 and Birth by Sleep didn't get digital download version because Disney against that. We haven't heard anything from SE and Disney that KH3 will get digital version or not. And SE can't hold back it from PC because they don't have any control to the IP

Usobuko

Banned
Say that to Capcom and Level-5

You forgot Atlus too.

Anyway, this is a good sign and incentive for Japanese games on handhelds to be on other platforms too.

Look at the case of DQ 11, a 3ds version along with PS4 version is announced. The former to not neglect its domestic market that weighted heavily in its total sales, the latter for rest of the world appeal.

I won't be surprised Japanese games on handhelds would be multiplat next gen.

sörine;185288393 said:
Capcom's doing tons of PC stuff. Level-5 isn't, but maybe some day. I think Layton would do especially well on PC.

I mean the way Capcom handle Monster Hunter franchise, I'm fine with RE and SF :p
And SEGA too, good lord how much I have to wait to see Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC

You forgot Atlus too.

Anyway, this is a good sign and incentive for Japanese games on handhelds to be on other platforms too.

Look at the case of DQ 11, a 3ds version along with PS4 version is announced. The former to not neglect its domestic market that weighted heavily in its total sales, the latter for rest of the world appeal.

I won't be surprised Japanese games on handhelds would be multiplat next gen.

Atlus USA published some PC games before so chance that they will publish their own games as well. Recently Dragon's Crown developer said they will find a way to port their game to PC :p

sörine

Banned
I mean the way Capcom handle Monster Hunter franchise, I'm fine with RE and SF :p
And SEGA too, good lord how much I have to wait to see Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC
Well, they're doing PC Monster Hunters but so far they're Asia only (and not great). I agree Capcom should look into western Steam launches more though. Same for Ace Attorney and Sengoku Basara.

Falcom is the one I really think should head back to PC. Atlus would be great too.

Usobuko

Banned
Atlus USA published some PC games before so chance that they will publish their own games as well. Recently Dragon's Crown developer said they will find a way to port their game to PC :p

Well, I think Persona is one title that has potential on PC, for both the Western and Eastern demographic.

Top Bottom