• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberus

I know a lot of people in here are frustrated, but I've seen enough interviews with Rushy to feel like he's a genuinely nice guy, and I am confident his team is doing everything they can to get things working.

I also understand people have a right to be angry that the thing they paid for isn't working.

With that said, I think there's enough anger out there at Evolution that I don't really need to contribute. I tweeted my support to him and wished them luck fixing everything, I encourage anyone here who wants to, to do the same. You can tweet @Rushy33 or @Driveclub.

People forget that even though this is a company making a game for profit, the individual people are still humans and they have feelings too. Calling them scum and liars is still pretty cruel.

Just my 2 cents.

Well said!!!!!

gl0w

I know a lot of people in here are frustrated, but I've seen enough interviews with Rushy to feel like he's a genuinely nice guy, and I am confident his team is doing everything they can to get things working.

I also understand people have a right to be angry that the thing they paid for isn't working.

With that said, I think there's enough anger out there at Evolution that I don't really need to contribute. I tweeted my support to him and wished them luck fixing everything, I encourage anyone here who wants to, to do the same. You can tweet @Rushy33 or @Driveclub.

People forget that even though this is a company making a game for profit, the individual people are still humans and they have feelings too. Calling them scum and liars is still pretty cruel.

Just my 2 cents.

Ditto

I played this game tonight for about three hours and my overall impression so far is that this is a competent racing game but one that does nothing to stand out from the crowd except for having absolutely terrible A.I. that rigidly sticks to the racing line and likes playing bumper cars with you at your expense since you get penalised for them. Ahem.

Anyway, when I loaded the game up, the first thing I noticed was that the game had a large black border around it, only the second game to do this, the other being MLB 14: The Show. I'm playing the game on a 1080p Sony HDTV with 1:1 pixel mapping (i.e. no overscan).

It can be fixed by adjusting the Display Area Setting but that is not what that setting is intended for as it is meant for repositioning the HUD not stretching the screen! The problem with adjusting that setting is that it is GLOBAL and will affect all other games that use it. Usually that means having the HUD positioned closer to the edges of the screen, not a problem in itself but some games like FIFA 15 are bugged and not only reposition the HUD but also increase its size!!!

What Evolution should have done (and the developers of MLB 14: The Show) is had an in-game setting that could be adjusted and saved along with the other settings. I would like to leave the Display Area Setting as it was because I prefer the HUD in its default position but now I can't because of those two games. Sure, I can adjust the Display Area Setting for each of those games but that isn't exactly ideal, is it?

I do not have mess around with adjusting screen sizes and HUDs on the Xbox One and Wii U so it is annoying that I have to on the PS4. I hope Evolution will fix this in a patch.

Hoje0308

Banned

Just my 2 cents.

I've done the same. I think Evo are a great studio and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

DOWN

Banned

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed

Obviously they didn't think it would be a good idea to have it not work. Give them a break. They are going to get it working ASAP because they certainly don't want people accusing them of knowingly throwing a busted game into the wild like people said with DICE servers. The traffic caught their systems weaknesses and now they know so they'll take care of it.

CrovaxPSO

Managed to get connected, are there any clubs with spots open that are just to focus on getting the unlocks and challenges? Not really interested in competitive online racing, but I'd like to roll with some GAF homies to level up a club. I joined some random one but I seem to be the only one contributing to it, probably since nobody else can get online.

I've done the same. I think Evo are a great studio and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah. It's easy to make comparisons to other launches, but the fact is that this game was shown off at the PS4 reveal and is probably the largest launch for Evolution yet. Motorstorm game launches pale in comparison.

They have neither the experience nor resources that companies like EA, Bungie and Blizzard do, and even those massive companies have had problems with server load and launch issues. So yeah, I think people should cut them a bit of slack this time.

But I also think that it's reasonable to expect them to learn from this mistake, and their next game launch should absolutely be held to a higher standard.

wotta

Just my 2 cents.

I done the same a few days ago. Well said. The developers care about their work and no one will be more gutted than them about these issues.

Just remember that developers are the ones that make videogames possible, all the hounding and name calling only disillusions people. Make it stop, support the developers.

Fonds

How?!? My highest score is 5,700 and I have tried everything.

Keeping your speed up, manual gear, force it in a gear that's too low for, ebrake into it and be smooth on the throttle.
Also aim for a smooth exit. The speed traps make it stick.

I done the same a few days ago. Well said. The developers care about their work and no one will be more gutted than them about these issues.

Just remember that developers are the ones that make videogames possible, all the hounding and name calling only disillusions people. Make it stop, support the developers.

Yup, people act like they don't care at all about the problems. As someone who does occasional software development, there's few things more disheartening and frustrating than when your product doesn't work as intended. It's a source of pride for most of us, and you want to see people enjoying/using it.

NeoRausch

Get a wheel

Yeah, you know... I'm the "go big or go home" kind of guy.
So it would be at least the T500 and a seat. My wife is OK with that kind of investment, but we just moved to a new place and bought a kitchen.
So wheel gotta wait.

Is the T80 any good?

Aspiring

Keeping your speed up, manual gear, force it in a gear that's too low for, ebrake into it and be smooth on the throttle.
Also aim for a smooth exit. The speed traps make it stick.

Thanks man will give it a shot.I must have tried this event at least 60 times.

Whatsup, UK.Is it going to be available for us in 10?

I suspect the UK is about to DDOS the crap out of the Sony servers in a few minutes. Sorry folks, it's going to be disconnection hell for a while and then we'll all go to bed because it's late and the world can have hope again.

Fonds

DRIVECLUB |OT2| Next-Gen Nostalgia Racer

It harkens back to an age whe racing games were about racing. I love that about this game, so much.
No bullshit about open road exploration, tuning etc. Just you a car and the need to perfect that perfect time.

Yeah. It's easy to make comparisons to other launches, but the fact is that this game was shown off at the PS4 reveal and is probably the largest launch for Evolution yet. Motorstorm game launches pale in comparison.

They have neither the experience nor resources that companies like EA, Bungie and Blizzard do, and even those massive companies have had problems with server load and launch issues. So yeah, I think people should cut them a bit of slack this time.

But I also think that it's reasonable to expect them to learn from this mistake, and their next game launch should absolutely be held to a higher standard.

Yeah, it's not like they are owned by one of the biggest companies in the world or something!

Although I agree, if anyone is calling the people at Evo "scum", that's definitely going WAY too damn far. It's definitely ridiculous that we are going on 4 days now and they still haven't gotten things into any real improved state.

VanWinkle

Just my 2 cents.

Completely agreed. Evo is probably extremely frustrated at this situation, so I can imagine all of the people coming at them with pitchforks is making it that much worse.

MJLord

Oooooh shit the intro is playing!

giphy.gif

B-Dex

Waiting a week after launch to have a major part of the game functional is unacceptable.

Yeah sorry for Evo they didn't properly test their game and now paying customers have to make do until they fix it after the fact. Horrible business practice.

SxP

First multiplayer race, someone deliberately bumped into me to make me spin out. Crashed into some other guys as well. Second race, different players, everyone plays nice. It's the multiplayer section of a racing game all right. Playing with randoms is gonna be a crapshoot.

By the way, no option to mute players? I couldn't find it in the lobby. Some guy was spamming static over his mic in one race, very annoying.

I haven't played in a couple of days but listening to another night by real McCoy got me in the mood to play. I'll definitely get a race or two in tomorrow or over the weekend.

Topi

Banned
The Hennessey Venom GT is an absolutely ridiculous beast with its ferocius growl, unbelievable acceleration, mind-boggling top speed and tight handling, rendering the whole hyper-class races useless as it makes the other cars look like Dacias. I clocked over 380 km/h in Norway, which makes me wonder, what is the fastest track in this game? Gotta be in Chile, right?

Having just finished the Legend Trophy with the Hennessey, I have to say it was one if the best gaming moments I've had. The audio is at the least on par with the graphics, and the awesome handling really makes this game enjoyable.

AngerdX

Yeah, it's not like they are owned by one of the biggest companies in the world or something!

Although I agree, if anyone is calling the people at Evo "scum", that's definitely going WAY too damn far. It's definitely ridiculous that we are going on 4 days now and they still haven't gotten things into any real improved state.

I agree they do deserve all the anger they get, but name calling and being overly rude is just wrong, i personally am glad i decided against buying the game with the whole legacy wheel debacle from logitech/sony and others regarding that issue, was hoping to give it a spin on ps+ atleast but the last month sony sure has fudged the PSN network it needs major improvments.

aro52

Just my 2 cents.

I just did the same. More satisfying to be positive than to rage.
Though I've been known to rage too! :p

EDIT: Rushy favorited my tweet! Feels good knowing he got the message.

B-Dex

Yeah but how many multiplayer races have you done? What level is your club?

You apologists are hilarious. Nothing is gonna change till maybe after PSN maintenance on the 13th.

Hoje0308

Banned
Come back on Tuesday, then.
The game's been released three days ago.

Perfect response. We're all frustrated guys, but there's no need to exaggerate or throw a tantrum to express it. If you're that pissed, take a walk outside, watch a movie, get drunk, chase some tail. There's a lot to do besides playing games.

dano1

A Sheep
Got home turned it on and I've been connected for about a hour now. Getting better!!

The online races are very good. Feels like your playing in single player mode. And that's hard to do!!

raviolico

I preordered and bought the full game (Germany). So far i can`t download my bonus cars and i`m only able to race in one location (India).
So...i bought the full product but i can only use the Ps+ content?? What a mess....anyone else with the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom