• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server issues aside, god damn this is the most fun I've had on a racer since PG4.

It ticks a lot of the boxes for me, sense of speed, no tuning nonsense, a limited but varied car selection where I'm not continually scrolling to pick a vehicle. The scenery is just fantastic too.

Man, people race dirty online. My first three matches someone kamikazed into me in order to knock me off the road. Throughout the race, everyone was trying to run into everybody. XD

I'm gonna play this the way I race in GTA Online. Hang back in the beginning and then pass all the chumps who can't stay on the track xD

rnaud

First race online played, first race won. \o/

It feels kind of like Mario Kart, if you are ahead no one can touch you, they just ram into each other behind haha.

Hoje0308

Banned
First race online played, first race won. o/

It feels kind of like Mario Kart, if you are ahead no one can touch you, they just ram into each other behind haha.

So basically you want the car that gets off line the fastest. God I hate the online masses.

Late Flag

Mhm I tried it too and it didn't work for me.

Did you go back to the menu or home page in between runs? I didn't -- I just banged out all four laps at once. Not sure if that should matter or not.

Maybe this one really is glitched if we did the same thing and it didn't work for you guys.

Started the last part of the tour, using the Pagani Huayra.

Basically, this.
tumblr_lcveiokTsv1qzkbgno1_500.gif

Aspiring

Well that's odd something has changed. Just finished a race and got extra Fame that said "pre order bonus". Been playing for an hour and yesterday and never got this before.

What is this online everyone speaks of? I am beyond frustrated that I cant race online, compete in challenges, create a club, etc....

I refuse to play anymore till this shit is fixed.

Hawk269

So basically you want the car that gets off line the fastest. God I hate the online masses.

Because of the physics model and lack of damage having any impact on the cars and the performance, I venture that many only games will just be a crash-a-thon. Even in Single Player you can just play bumper cars against the AI or hell even the side rails and still win by just brute forcing. In SP you may get a penalty which slows you down for a second or 2 but that it is.

That is my only real gripe with the game, it just is too arcade and no ramifications for driving badly and hitting cars/environment etc. That and the outrageous super grip tires the cars have.

In the end though, I am still having a blast with the game, should of waited for the PS+ version, but I have played a lot and within the next few days my purchase would of paid for itself easily.

I have not played yet today, so is on-line finally working for many of you? I want to join a club and start exploring some of the on-line features. Is there a Gaf Racing Club like there is for Forza Horizon 2?

madp0k

Can't connect but knew that anyway, game is good so far, scotland 1800 x60, the kyle, and the fireworks, now that is some good shit, really good shit

Did you go back to the menu or home page in between runs? I didn't -- I just banged out all four laps at once. Not sure if that should matter or not.

Maybe this one really is glitched if we did the same thing and it didn't work for you guys.
Nah I did it all at once too. Did exactly what everyone else did. I think it is glitched. Maybe something to do with the servers not working since times are recorded on the leaderboards?

Tainted

What is this online everyone speaks of? I am beyond frustrated that I cant race online, compete in challenges, create a club, etc....

I refuse to play anymore till this shit is fixed.

..and this ladies and gents, is why the PS+ free version has not been released yet. I'm quite happy to wait until this is all fixed.

Squozen

I've been trying to get online since the game came out and never managed it. Guess I'll try again tonight. Thank the gods for my other games, if I'd bought a PS4 along with this as my first game I'd be immensely frustrated.

I've played enough offline to know that once I can actually play with others that the racing is going to be pretty terrific.

raphanum

Somebody, please, tell me why.

Bought this yesterday and have not been too impressed by the game. The visuals do not look spectacular at all. Seems quite average. Noticeable jaggies while driving in cockpit view. Can't adjust brightness nor stick sensitivity either. Even after nearly a year into the PS4's life, I still prefer GT6 on ps3. Yes, gt6 is a sim and driveclub is arcade, but it seems so much more barebones and simplified than I assumed. Could be that it's not the game for me or maybe, it's just an average game?

I gotta give credit to all you guys using cockpit view. Using that view and I'm bouncing off the walls. I can barely see any the upcoming turns depending on the track.

Been playing the last hour in the UK, so far I'm having a lot of fun even offline. The mechanics are good and the racing fun. I like the penalty system as it helps improve your driving.

So far cockpit view is the best, although I'll need to experiment with the others more too.

Dawg

I swear to god that time trial trophy (one track, beat own time 3x) is bugged.

I've done it on multiple tracks now.

Never works.

rnaud

Alright, I hated the look of of my current club's badge so I created a new one.
Name of the club: n0v4

Paint job is red only with a blue and red badge in the front, and that's it.

Jimrpg

Race 2 of hot hatch cup in India was amazing. Love the role the sun played. So good!!

There was a corner at the end where I couldn't see the colour of the flags because of the sun so I used the brakes a little and got passed right at the end and came 2nd. :shakes fist: all good tho, this game is great!

Also I'm loving all the view points, I drive first in cockpit view and then I'll drive again in third person view just to take in the scenery.

Sami+

Yeah, you know... I'm the "go big or go home" kind of guy.
So it would be at least the T500 and a seat. My wife is OK with that kind of investment, but we just moved to a new place and bought a kitchen.
So wheel gotta wait.

Is the T80 any good?

I like my t80. :)

Had an hour with it, wow, it makes NFS:Rivals looks last gen. Best looking game I've ever played. Shame there's no leaderboards yet but still fun offline for the moment. Right, off to bed.

Kyleoty

Neo Member
Can any of you from the UK tell me why there is always a campfire at the side of the road in the game. Is it some sort of European tradition to have campfires next to roads while racing cars?

Just curious.they look amazing for sure just didnt know what the significance is.

aro52

Diamondium

Neo Member
Nah I did it all at once too. Did exactly what everyone else did. I think it is glitched. Maybe something to do with the servers not working since times are recorded on the leaderboards?
I got it earlier today while offline. Quick other suggestions:

Make sure it's on a track you haven't done yet, if you've already done that track the highscore to beat will be your previous run.

When I did it, I also made sure that I improved each section of a lap as I went, I imagine that makes no difference but hey, who knows.

All in one run, 4 laps required total. The trophy will pop while you're still in the race.

Could very well be glitched as well, but just some tips just incase.

Dawg

I got it earlier today while offline. Quick other suggestions:

Make sure it's on a track you haven't done yet, if you've already done that track the highscore to beat will be your previous run.

When I did it, I also made sure that I improved each section of a lap as I went, I imagine that makes no difference but hey, who knows.

All in one run, 4 laps required total. The trophy will pop while you're still in the race.

Could very well be glitched as well, but just some tips just incase.

I've done this, multiple times.

Feels like it's glitched.

hohoXD123

Just managed to play it for a bit. Yeah, screw the reviews, glad I went off the impressions here. The sense of speed is great, the atmosphere is fantastic, no nonsense with upgrades/tuning to worry about, load times are very short, and the cars handle quite well. I can see myself replaying and trying to master a lot of these tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom