• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home turned it on and I've been connected for about a hour now. Getting better!!

The online races are very good. Feels like your playing in single player mode. And that's hard to do!!

What's this? Someone in this thread has actually been online for more than 5 minutes, and played MP races!?!?

I need pics or I don't believe you!

Congrats on the people being able to play just now! You're in for a treat, the game is amazing. I just hope Evo fix this immense fuck up soon.

Aspiring

I know dat feel Bro! Perfection!

Yes!!!! 3 tries and done with a score of 6,713 haha!!!!

Thanks for the tips!

4w60Rzv.jpg

DOWN

Banned
Yeah but how many multiplayer races have you done? What level is your club?

You apologists are hilarious. Nothing is gonna change till maybe after PSN maintenance on the 13th.

You think they purposely neglected the idea of what it would take to get the game to work? That they didn't care about how much it would hurt their reputation in a post-BF4 industry?

Or maybe the more realistic answer that they did think they tested it and got it working, but the traffic snapped it in a way they didn't foresee and now they have to fix it?

If you're truly upset, get a refund. That's the best way to solve the problem AND send a very clear message.

I'm way too hooked on this game to even consider it, but I don't blame anybody for complaining (within reason) or getting their money back. This is a defective product right now.

God speed on getting servers in shape Evo and Sony, who I'm sure want the servers up at 100% more than we do.

le-seb

Am I the last one from our club to get the game? I hope my disc arrives tomorrow!
I don't think Rojo has the game already, either, and Dinjooh can only play the game offline at the moment.
So, if you get the game tomorrow and can connect to the servers, you may be the fourth active member in our club.

If you're truly upset, get a refund. That's the best way to solve the problem AND send a very clear message.

I'm way too hooked on this game to even consider it, but I don't blame anybody for complaining (within reason) or getting their money back. This is a defective product right now.

Yup, agreed. I'm happy with waiting but don't blame anyone who feels they deserve a refund. They should be entitled to that.

aro52

Yeah, you know... I'm the "go big or go home" kind of guy.
So it would be at least the T500 and a seat. My wife is OK with that kind of investment, but we just moved to a new place and bought a kitchen.
So wheel gotta wait.

Is the T80 any good?

I'm curious about this as well. This game just demands a wheel, but $587 [Amazon] for the T500 is a big jump from the $99 T80. (The T300 middle ground isn't available in the US.)

Loudninja

God speed on getting servers in shape Evo and Sony, who I'm sure want the servers up at 100% more than we do.
Agreed.

B-Dex

Exactly. Nothing against Evo but someone fucked up. Not just on the game but also on PSN and pre-launch messaging. Just multiple screw ups leading into a horrible failure to launch.

I'm curious about this as well. This game just demands a wheel, but $587 [Amazon] for the T500 is a big jump from the $99 T80. (The T300 middle ground isn't available in the US.)

The T80 is barely a step above the plastic Wiimote toy wheel.

If you can find a T100 online for a decent price, it's a great wheel.

EDIT: What Hoje said ^

Got home turned it on and I've been connected for about a hour now. Getting better!!

The online races are very good. Feels like your playing in single player mode. And that's hard to do!!

Online is working fine for me! Been online for over an hour, raced a ton of times and messed with my club stuff. Still working just fine!

This is the most success I've seen from people in here since the game launched. Wonder if it means things are improving, server wise.

Any other people have luck?

Ran rp

Kinda wish I could take out other drivers like in Burnout. I'm aggressive as hell and smashing into cars feels so good in this game, haha.

Give us a crash mode Evo :p

PSY・S;133659026 said:
Kinda wish I could take out other drivers like in Burnout. I'm aggressive as hell and smashing into cars feels so good in this game, haha.

Give us a crash mode Evo :p

So you're going to be "that guy" in the GAF tournament aren't you :p

I was connected long enough to finally join our club (United Speed) and earn a small bit of fame. Really digging the hell out of this game. I'm not one for racing games but I love this. I can't wait for the servers to fully up and the weather patch to hit.

Now to consider buying a wheel

le-seb

Do the T500 and T300 handle considerably better [feel more realistic], or do they simply add features like a clutch petal, shifter knob, etc?
They're indeed much more sophisticated.
Not sure about the T300, although they're said to be comparable, but the force feedback on the T500 is so strong that it could hurt you badly (not in DC, though, which keeps it soft).

VanWinkle

I'm just not good at this game. I'm getting really frustrated. I've not got first place in a single event and the one I'm on now I've tried 5 or 6 times and I can't even get in the top 3.

I've never had this issue with arcade racers where I can get 1st pretty easy. I guess that arcades style is just more suited towards me. :(

aro52

They're indeed much more sophisticated.
Not sure about the T300, although they're said to be comparable, but the force feedback on the T500 is so strong that it could hurt you badly (not in DC, though, which keeps it soft).

Daayyym! Intense. Now I wanna try it!

Even though HOW FAST DO YOU WANNA GO has become a joke in this thread, I have to admit. When I'm wearing headphones and that comes on during a race I get fucking pumped.

Btw fuck the AI that keeps beating me with the stupid Atom.

Aspiring

Servers still not up for me. Sucks but I think I "get" how to drift now. I just beat the BMW drift challenge in 2 attempts.

I can't wait to get online though now with my massive friends list and have all that competition. I feel it would really make it a different game.

Late Flag

"Start single time trial (not career), in some track you have not set time yet.
Then drive slowly for first lap, lets say 1:03 (depends on track), lap 2 improve few seconds, and third lap improve few seconds more, and fourth lap drive a good lap and beat lap 3 time, and *bing*"

Okay, I can officially confirm that this works. I picked a track I had never done, and "drove" it in 4:00. Then twice more in 3:45 and 3:30. Then ran it for real in 1:45 and the trophy popped. Easy if you think to do it.

I can't wait to get online though now with my massive friends list and have all that competition. I feel it would really make it a different game.

This. Great game is going to get greater.

Man, people race dirty online. My first three matches someone kamikazed into me in order to knock me off the road. Throughout the race, everyone was trying to run into everybody. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom