• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Damn, this is just ridiculous! A game that is developed around the social aspect cant connect to the server almost two weeks after the launch. How can people still defend EVO?
It hasn't even been one week... And these things don't fix themselves. First they had to recognize what is causing the problem, then they have to fix it, which doesn't happen automagically with a press of a button. They are trying to do a long term fix and that won't happen in a day or two. Shit sometimes happens and it's not like people can't play the game at all. The single player still works perfectly fine and should offer most people plenty to do before they can hop online.

Some people just aren't as impatient and judgmental as you.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Damn, this is just ridiculous! A game that is developed around the social aspect cant connect to the server almost two weeks after the launch. How can people still defend EVO?

Almost two weeks! Where did you park your Delorean? Were you beta testing the XB1?

theWB27

The sound. I've never been a bumper cam guy....but the sound in this view is visceral. You can be aware of every car around you without ever using the rear view mirror. All I have is a little 7 dollar pair of headphones. Can't imagine how this sounds with a decent set.

Decided to give the game another go today... Still can't get online - wtf is this shit?

The servers are down and Evo are working to fix them. You're not going to magically hop on one day and it's fixed...whoa...magic. They're gradually coming back.

It hasn't even been one week... And these things don't fix themselves. First they had to recognize what is causing the problem, then they have to fix it, which doesn't happen automagically with a press of a button. They are trying to do a long term fix and that won't happen in a day or two. Shit sometimes happens and it's not like people can't play the game at all. The single player still works perfectly fine and should offer most people plenty to do before they can hop online.

Some people just aren't as impatient and judgmental as you.

And some people maybe don't have money to burn like you on an unfinished game and not feel disspointed.

Shit shouldn't just happen.

as a website guy i have had my hair on fire with unexpected bugs relating to unexpected load and so started off probably more patient than most but as this drags on I am moving to the "this is unprofessional" camp.

Shit happens and i understand that but if the issues are not tricky bugs but actually entire rethinks, and the duration of this would suggest that, then they should explain what they are doing. In more detail.

To have some buyers of the game get some service and others get none is arbitrary and divisive. We paid the same but we are not all in the same boat.

My goodwill would be infinitely extended with communication explaining
a) why the fix is week(s) not days
b) why some people get some services regularly and others get none, ever
but it sounds like the studio have gone into turtle mode and that means we become free to think bad things about their competence and get angry about being sold half a product at full price.

You have any spots left? I'm NA btw.

Should be some spots left. I'll let impact know, to the other guys welcome to the club! Might be playing a little Evil Within this week, but I'll definitely be playing drivelclub for a while, especially when the servers are completely fixed.

Edit: beaten

Also you all are welcome to add me on psn.

TMC

This game will be waiting for me when I get home. I am so tempted to just open it up, but I would like to wait for the PS+ edition to see if I will enjoy it. I probably won't be able to resist. Seems like most of you are enjoying this.

nw3

UK-based, have had the game since the minute it unlocked & am yet to be able to access even one multiplayer race.

This is becomming unacceptable now. They had a year extra to get the product ready for launch

v1ncelis

UK-based, have had the game since the minute it unlocked & am yet to be able to access even one multiplayer race.

This is becomming unacceptable now. They had a year extra to get the product ready for launch
It's getting better here in Ireland for last couple days. Today actually I was disconnected only once and only for couple minutes. Challenges not working though. Maybe they are disabled by default until servers fixed.

Saberus

Had quite a few multiplayer matches over the weekend (western Canada here) seemed improved over the last 3 days.

Hope some of you that have not connected yet finally get on-line soon, like now..

Ted

Are challenges not working for anybody else? Couldn't press challenges nor create challenge icon since launch

Perhaps OP should add a what's up section at the top of post #1.

Something like:

Version Availability
Full version (with and without PS+ discount: Available
Limited PS+ version: Not currently available (no known ETA)

Connectivity
Latest update: https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/711096815641348
Leaderboards: Limited/patchy
Online Multi-player Events: Limited/patchy
Club Connectivity: Limited/patchy - Fame earned offline will transfer to your club IF you have already joined an active club (clubs are only active with two or more members)
Club/Player Challenges: Not currently available

So is the online better now, worse, or the same? I haven't been playing much because I've been hoping to experience DC the way it was meant to be played. And that means waiting for the online components to stabilize.

edit: Wow and the guy above me pretty much answered my question already. Damn, its still pretty limited huh? I want those challenges, dammit!

So, I STILL can't play online. You know what, FUCK THIS. I'm never buying an Evolution Studios game day one again. What an amateurish fuck up this whole mess is.

And yeah I loved the game. But I can't fathom this.

le-seb

So, following your advice, I've brought the Spyker on various time trial races to learn how to drift.
I've maxed out the Spkyker owner accolade, but even then, I still can't drift for shit. :'(

Good thing is that wrecking the Spyker on various circuits unlocked the Zonda at our club level.
Drive together, win together, they said! ;)

nw3

It's getting better here in Ireland for last couple days. Today actually I was disconnected only once and only for couple minutes. Challenges not working though. Maybe they are disabled by default until servers fixed.

That's promising to hear, hopefully will spread over here ASAP. Luckily the game is insanely good in solo mode, making people feel extra warm and appreciative towards Evo....online bust much longer though and that's going to change!

v1ncelis

Thanks Ted. Well since no challenges are available and I just got the legend trophy guess it's time to put the game on a side and come back to Shadow of Mordor until all that servers crap will be solved.

So, I STILL can't play online. You know what, FUCK THIS. I'm never buying an Evolution Studios game day one again. What an amateurish fuck up this whole mess is.

And yeah I loved the game. But I can't fathom this.

Woah bro, just think of it as a long term investment. The game is a lot of fun to play single player, sure its a big fuck up on their part but hopefully they will do it right for the community and at least give us some awesome cars.

Raxious

We're still working, and will be around the clock, to keep improving social connectivity and online play, and we are pleased to say we have also added in friendly leaderboards now.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/711096815641348

How about not adding extra features until you can get the basics working? It's really starting to look pathetic. Hell, what's even more pathetic is the fact that Evo can't get the servers fixed even though they're a first party developer.

ThatZedWord

Neo Member
I didn't think my pre-ordered T300RS had a chance of arriving before the server issues were fixed, but that's looking like a distinct possibility at this point.

Gestault

I didn't expect to be a week out with no information on when the PS+ Edition would be available, particularly when the $50-60 USD versions still aren't working properly. Again, I take issue with the answer of "we want to stabilize the retail version before releasing the PS+ version" in part because they continue to add more server load by continuing to sell the game through PSN. This is like continuing to sell movie tickets to a sold-out show.

The game simply wasn't finished if the underlying network code, the whole impetus of the title, can't function with a fraction of the community connected.

Ted

Thanks Ted. Well since no challenges are available and I just got the legend trophy guess it's time to put the game on a side and come back to Shadow of Mordor until all that servers crap will be solved.

Don't thank me mate. I'm still waiting for the PS+ version to drop so only know as I keep having to look for the information myself. I have no Facebook so I can't really follow them there and that seems to be the only source of official updates.

NeoRausch

Driveclub |OT2| 9 out of 10 wifes hate the sound

Driveclub |OT2| The Connected and the Furious

Driveclub |OT2| Please stand by...

Driveclub |OT2| AI vs. Human Mind: Losers everywhere

Driveclub |OT2| Faster than wipeOut and F-Zero combined

Driveclub |OT2| No, it's not!

Driveclub |OT2| log in log out log in log out

Yeah... I don't know.

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/711096815641348

How about not adding extra features until you can get the basics working? It's really starting to look pathetic. Hell, what's even more pathetic is the fact that Evo can't get the servers fixed even though they're a first party developer.
The leaderboards ARE the basics lol. They've always been there but just recently started working. The social stuff in game is probably more complicated to get working and thus why it isn't working yet. But Evo def hasn't added anything extra.

I didn't expect to be a week out with no information on when the PS+ Edition would be available, particularly when the $50-60 USD versions still aren't working properly. Again, I take issue with the answer of "we want to stabilize the retail version before releasing the PS+ version" in part because they continue to add more server load by continuing to sell the game through PSN. This is like continuing to sell movie tickets to a sold-out show.

The game simply wasn't finished if the underlying network code, the whole impetus of the title, can't function with a fraction of the community connected.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom