• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg

Almost two weeks! Where did you park your Delorean? Were you beta testing the XB1?

Whaat? Why do you drag XB1 into this?
Cause Im against Driveclub (and the fact that EVO screwd a lot of us) you assume Im a fanboy? Yes I fucking am but Im a PS4 fanboy.
Im a fanboy but Im also an gamer and what EVO is doing is giving us a a bad product and we still need to pay 60 euros or dollars for it.

So stop assuming that Im here to troll and instantly think I have anything to do with X1.
You lame piece of......

Putty

Whaat? Why do you drag XB1 into this?
Cause Im against Driveclub (and the fact that EVO screwd a lot of us) you assume Im a fanboy? Yes I fucking am but Im a PS4 fanboy.
Im a fanboy but Im also an gamer and what EVO is doing is giving us a a bad product and we still need to pay 60 euros or dollars for it.

So stop assuming that Im here to troll and instantly think I have anything to do with X1.
You lame piece of......

Lame piece of.... ? Have you been shot?! Hello?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The way I see it, I paid for a sampler now, full game at the end of the year when weather is out and online is working.

Already shelved the game and will come back when weather is released and I figure servers will be working by then (also there will be more tracks, more cars by then).

It's definitely not a great situation, but hopefully it's a great(er) game in a couple of months.

I'm sort of in this position, but I do think it screws up club racing. You need that moment from launch to have an active community. I don't really want to play it until the servers are properly up (not occasionally up for a bit) but then it will likely be difficult being in a club - especially as they are small

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
And some people maybe don't have money to burn like you on an unfinished game and not feel disspointed.

Shit shouldn't just happen.

The game is finished sans the updates that are expected, it's the server side that's causing the issues.

I can understand the frustration but the hyperbole saying Evo is a shit developer is uncalled for given the polish of the game itself.

Do you guys think I'll enjoy this game if I liked Motorstorm, Mario Kart, and Split/Second but not really Gran Turismo and Project Cars?

Probably not. It's initially easy to get into but DC is about rewarding precise driving. Bumping into others, driving off road, cutting corners gives you penalties. Someone from a Forza and Gran Turismo will have a better time with this. The highlight of this game is for me is controlling high powered cars in an efficient manner, similar to sim racers.

Certinty

I can't remember the last racing game in which I've spent hours doing time trials around various tracks, it's just so fucking addicting.

spwolf

I'm sort of in this position, but I do think it screws up club racing. You need that moment from launch to have an active community. I don't really want to play it until the servers are properly up (not occasionally up for a bit) but then it will likely be difficult being in a club - especially as they are small

well, it would suck really if this drags on beyond next few days.

I would not be worried about community - game is going to be on PS+, so no worries there.

But right now they are at situation where they should have been day one at worst, and in next few days they need to improve this to normal levels... i know they are working on it though, it is just unfortunate.

As to the PS+, games have been delayed before for a week due to store error alone... In reality, I dont think thats really a problem - delaying the PS+ game. They did correct in prioritizing purchasers.

It hasn't even been one week... And these things don't fix themselves. First they had to recognize what is causing the problem, then they have to fix it, which doesn't happen automagically with a press of a button. They are trying to do a long term fix and that won't happen in a day or two. Shit sometimes happens and it's not like people can't play the game at all. The single player still works perfectly fine and should offer most people plenty to do before they can hop online.

Some people just aren't as impatient and judgmental as you.

It hasn't even been one week...

Please put me out of my misery and confirm this a joke post.

Please.

Man, with how much I am enjoying this game it scares me to think how in love I would be had this launch gone smoothly. Maybe I am too much of an optimist but I still find myself excited for things to come like the challenges and face offs ect. With how rough it has been on the server side of things with this game it's still the best $50 I have spent on gaming this year and thats with it not even functioning as intended. I hope they get this mess sorted out quickly. I completely understand peoples frustration, I just don't share it... yet.

andymuza

Neo Member
It hasn't even been one week... And these things don't fix themselves. First they had to recognize what is causing the problem, then they have to fix it, which doesn't happen automagically with a press of a button. They are trying to do a long term fix and that won't happen in a day or two. Shit sometimes happens and it's not like people can't play the game at all. The single player still works perfectly fine and should offer most people plenty to do before they can hop online.

Some people just aren't as impatient and judgmental as you.

No it hasn't been a week it''s been nearly a year, have you forgotten this game was delayed from being a launch title to being released 11 months later and it still wasn't ready.

So now we are expected to wait even longer for them to sort the mess out when they have our hard earned money but we don't have a 100% finished product.

If this was any other product but a game we would all be entitled to a refund because the product is not fit for purpose and it has been miss sold to us under false advertisement.

So Evolution Studios, how do I get my refund under the sales of goods act I reject this product well withing my 7 days of being entitled to do so as it is not fit for purpose and request a full refund.

I look forward to a member of Evolution Studio Contacting me to resolve this issue.

le-seb

Does anybody know if there's a way to mute other people when racing online?
I had some race earlier today with a dude who had birds behind him making noise, and it was terribly annoying...

Nafai1123

Banned
I had some race earlier today with a dude who had birds behind him making noise, and it was terribly annoying...

Yeah you can. On the player screen before/after a race just scroll down to them. One of the options is to mute them.

No it hasn't been a week it''s been nearly a year, have you forgotten this game was delayed from being a launch title to being released 11 months later and it still wasn't ready.

So now we are expected to wait even longer for them to sort the mess out when they have our hard earned money but we don't have a 100% finished product.

If this was any other product but a game we would all be entitled to a refund because the product is not fit for purpose and it has been miss sold to us under false advertisement.

So Evolution Studios, how do I get my refund under the sales of goods act I reject this product well withing my 7 days of being entitled to do so as it is not fit for purpose and request a full refund.

I look forward to a member of Evolution Studio Contacting me to resolve this issue.

They aren't going to respond to gaf posts.
Try 0844 736 0595 or networksupport@uk.playstation.com

LOL, I was that guy for a while 'till I got a new mic that doesnt pick up the background noise. Damn birds.

I'm not sure how to mute people though sorry I havn't tried it yet.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

Wish I had a bunch of groupies around me while I was playing. :v

DRIVECLUB |OT2| Touring mostly offline
DRIVECLUB |OT2| Beautiful with a Good chance of Connection Drops
DRIVECLUB |OT2| Getting Rammed Offline and On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom