• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRIVECLUB |OT2| In and out of love.
DRIVECLUB |OT2| One week, one thread, one club member

Also, WTF you can't access the stuff you unlocked with your club level when you're offline, WTF Evo, fix that.

Famassu

And some people maybe don't have money to burn like you on an unfinished game and not feel disspointed.

Shit shouldn't just happen.
Maybe if you live in some la-la magical fairy land, everything always goes perfectly, but in the real world sometimes stuff fails and it's pretty childish to get so worked up about it. DriveClub is a pretty full package, they just ran into unanticipated problems. They didn't intentionally release a game with an online portion that wouldn't work.

I don't have money to burn (DriveClub is the second retail game I buy Day 1 for PS4 and only the third retail game overall), but I don't think having to wait for a week or two for the online portion of a game (that I can still play perfectly fine offline) to start working after a troublesome launch is cause for some ridiculous anger and FUCK EVOLUTION DEY WORST DEV EVERRR HURR DURRR reactions they've been getting. It's not like the game is fundamentally broken and can't ever be repaired.

There's a great game underneath the problems and you can probably experience it in full in the near future, so it's not like you've thrown the money away for nothing and I don't see any reason to act like they've scammed people out of money.

And I'm not saying people shouldn't feel disappointed, but some of the reactions are just so ridiculously over the top. I'm not happy myself, but I understand that these things DO happen and have the patience to wait for a while. I can play the single player and some other game(s) while I wait for DriveClub's online to work. Why should I HATE Evolution for stuff that has happened to a lot of other good games in the past? DriveClub has the potential to offer me months of enjoyment for me once they do get the online up & running reliably, so I can wait for a little while until they get their act together.

andymuza

Neo Member
Does anybody know if there's a way to mute other people when racing online?
I had some race earlier today with a dude who had birds behind him making noise, and it was terribly annoying...

WHAT YOU GOT TO GET ONLINE WITH OTHER REAL PEOPLE AND YOUR'E COMPLAINING!!!

WoW some people are never happy, all I see is the connection error screen so think yourself lucky LOL

No it hasn't been a week it''s been nearly a year, have you forgotten this game was delayed from being a launch title to being released 11 months later and it still wasn't ready.

So now we are expected to wait even longer for them to sort the mess out when they have our hard earned money but we don't have a 100% finished product.

If this was any other product but a game we would all be entitled to a refund because the product is not fit for purpose and it has been miss sold to us under false advertisement.

So Evolution Studios, how do I get my refund under the sales of goods act I reject this product well withing my 7 days of being entitled to do so as it is not fit for purpose and request a full refund.

I look forward to a member of Evolution Studio Contacting me to resolve this issue.
If you're in the UK, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, your contract is with the retailer and not Evo. So you need to contact whoever you bought the product from (be that Asda, Amazon or even the SEN store) and invoke your SOGA rights.

Given the circumstances you are entitled to a refund, but Evo have nothing to do with your getting a refund.

Maybe if you live in some la-la magical fairy land, everything always goes perfectly, but in the real world sometimes stuff fails and it's pretty childish to get so worked up about it. DriveClub is a pretty full package, they just ran into unanticipated problems. They didn't intentionally release a game with an online portion that wouldn't work.

I don't have money to burn (DriveClub is the second retail game I buy Day 1 for PS4 and only the third retail game overall), but I don't think having to wait for a week or two for the online portion of a game (that I can still play perfectly fine offline) to start working after a troublesome launch is cause for some ridiculous anger and FUCK EVOLUTION DEY WORST DEV EVERRR HURR DURRR reactions they've been getting. It's not like the game is fundamentally broken and can't ever be repaired.

There's a great game underneath the problems and you can probably experience it in full in the near future, so it's not like you've thrown the money away for nothing and I don't see any reason to act like they've scammed people out of money.

And I'm not saying people shouldn't feel disappointed, but some of the reactions are just so ridiculously over the top. I'm not happy myself, but I understand that these things DO happen and have the patience to wait for a while. I can play the single player and some other game(s) while I wait for DriveClub's online to work. Why should I HATE Evolution for stuff that has happened to a lot of other good games in the past? DriveClub has the potential to offer me months of enjoyment for me once they do get the online up & running reliably, so I can wait for a little while until they get their act together.
Bravo.

chimster

Someone asked Rushy on Twitter why there was no music while racing and his response was music was off by default and the engines are the soundtrack.

That's a shame, the soundtrack isn't bad from what i've heard so far.

I have it in-game music set at 100% and SFX set at 50%, still working on trying to find the perfect balance

Decided to give it another shot as I've heard a lot of people having better success with their connections. I got disconnected about 2 minutes in. Fuck this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know bud, it was tongue in cheek lol

On a serious not though, I have contacted them about it.

Not sure distance selling regs work if you have used the product? But considering how broken it is you should still be able to get a refund. I expect sony have prepped their care guys to allow that

Is there no speed readout in cockpit view? Am I supposed to read that tiny speedo on the dash?

pager99

This is the most fun I've had in a racing game in a long time the attention to detail is amazing and really draws you in with the excellent lighting it's really old school fun I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I love how when using a manual the drivers fingers lift off the wheel as the revs reach redline. Nice touch, means I don't need to focus on the rev counter.

Is there no speed readout in cockpit view? Am I supposed to read that tiny speedo on the dash?

Get a bigger telly. Eat steaks.

kyser73

No it hasn't been a week it''s been nearly a year, have you forgotten this game was delayed from being a launch title to being released 11 months later and it still wasn't ready.

So now we are expected to wait even longer for them to sort the mess out when they have our hard earned money but we don't have a 100% finished product.

If this was any other product but a game we would all be entitled to a refund because the product is not fit for purpose and it has been miss sold to us under false advertisement.

So Evolution Studios, how do I get my refund under the sales of goods act I reject this product well withing my 7 days of being entitled to do so as it is not fit for purpose and request a full refund.

I look forward to a member of Evolution Studio Contacting me to resolve this issue.

If you're in the UK just take it back to the retailer and exchange it for full price, which IIRC you're entitled to do if you say it's a broken product.

Or you could just calm the fuck down and stop crying about it like my daughter.

dano1

A Sheep
Been playing around with the audio settings, weird how they set ingame music off by default.

I was going to turn it off anyway. They just saved me a step. I need to hear when I'm loosing grip and the engine sound to good to drown out with music.

viveks86

Wasn't following this forum a couple of years ago. What was it like in here when skyrim/simcity/diablo 3 were released? Better/worse?

Wasn't following this forum a couple of years ago. What was it like in here when skyrim/simcity/diablo 3 were released?
Then:

ivu7XVTU0mqu4.gif

Now:

iToHM0WbVLudk.gif

jet1911

Looks like online is working for me right now. Sent an invite to GAFCLUB, I'm not sure which one of you is part of that one but if there's a place left please accept me! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom