• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I don't know what to think about this game. The gifs making it look amazing, but the screenshots make it look like the ugliest game on the console.
I am picturing you vigorously playing DriveClub on launch day, completely amazed, mouth agape at what is happening onscreen. Then you pause it, look at the screen, and fold your arms in disgust.

Simulview true sky ( a tool that creates realistic clouds and skybox ), only used now in Driveculb where clouds creates shadows on the racefield and hide the sun and when they move and expose the sun again it dazzles you in the racefiled and you can't drive for certain time. This kind of things participate in the gameplay.Truesky is compatible with UE4 engine if some people want to use it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Why dont you watch some vids?

Eh... vids are pretty much worthless this gen, even Gamersyde.
I'll just download the PS+ area and try it out. If I like it then I'll buy the rest later.

Seems to be another positive impression:

yplHnoT.png

Hope this is a good sign. Really hard to please this dude.

Wasn't it 4/10 for Journey for this dude?

Ishan

hmm i wonder hwo this game will review the impressions from iss were also super positive and that reviewed well but def not on the 90+ lvl some of the early impressions were suggesting.

Ape

Banned
hmm i wonder hwo this game will review the impressions from iss were also super positive and that reviewed well but def not on the 90+ lvl some of the early impressions were suggesting.

imo a safe bet would be high 70s on metacritic. game impressions seem solid

DOWN

Banned
anyone else just going to play the PS+ edition until weather and other updates are released? Although the $50 price tag is enticing.

It will still be only $50 if you wait, but since we know photo mode is nearly done and weather is less than two months out, I'm buying now. I know I want to play what I've seen so far and I know I want the updates.

Wow, can someone gif that near miss starting from 20:37 when the car flies past him. The AI wiped out and that other car pulled a crazy evasive move. Happened so fast.

Ha, exactly. Looked intense.
Don't know how to up the quality there, but eh

vWg6l4.gif

Are we allowed to post pictures taken out straight from the PS4 with my flash drive? Because i'd like to talk about my impressions and provide a picture dump for you guys.

viveks86

So it seems like when you come close to a halt on the track, you become a ghost so the others can pass through you. I wonder if that would help prevent crazy pileups in MP.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Pics are worst at least with vids you can tell certain stuff .

No way. Pics are much higher quality unless you host them on Twitter or something. They can be lossless if they're from a capture card and you use lossless hosting.

Kumubou

So it seems like when you come close to a halt on the track, you become a ghost so the others can pass through you. I wonder if that would help prevent crazy pileups in MP.
That's the main reason -- and to avoid people trolling by stopping on the track or driving backwards. It's something that's been in racing games for a while.

DOWN

Banned
Have they been asked why there hasn't been any asset sharing with Gran Turismo? I assume Polyphony have some decent quality assets. Maybe they're only licensed for use in Gran Turismo.

If somebody is going to be sharing assets, I'd prefer it be Evolution sharing with PD, and not the other way around. GT is nowhere near Driveclub graphically.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hope this is a good sign. Really hard to please this dude.

Wasn't it 4/10 for Journey for this dude?
Most likely a bad sign for me. I wouldn't really say he's hard to please, but more like that he's got really weird taste in games, or to put it more politely, a taste that is nearly 100% incompatible with mine, and seemingly majority of the rest of the people.

rich7sena

Banned
The ISR videos are really good; loved the Norway track. I also saw a Canada (Maplewood) track that seemed like it could be a city track. Either that or it's an official racetrack type.

viveks86

That's the main reason -- and to avoid people trolling by stopping on the track or driving backwards. It's something that's been in racing games for a while.

Oh. Haven't done MP racing in a long time. Heck. I haven't really been into MP in general until this generation! :D

TAJ

Do it , please. But host on minus.com and click on the 1,920x1,080 button before copying the link.

Mifune

Mehmber
Most likely a bad sign for me. I wouldn't really say he's hard to please, but more like that he's got really weird taste in games, or to put it more politely, a taste that is nearly 100% incompatible with mine, and seemingly majority of the rest of the people.

His taste isn't all that weird. He's just ultra-critical. Most of the games he loves are games other people love, too. He just might not love all of them.

No way. Pics are much higher quality unless you host them on Twitter or something. They can be lossless if they're from a capture card and you use lossless hosting.

If you have a capture card you can do high quality vids .
With vids you get a better idea of the lighting , animation , AA , frame rate etc etc
Plus in a game like DC that full of motion blur and real time lighting pics can't do them justice .

If somebody is going to be sharing assets, I'd prefer it be Evolution sharing with PD, and not the other way around. GT is nowhere near Driveclub graphically.

GT cars look just as good if we talking about the car models just have to wait and see how everything else look and sound .

I definitely don't agree with him either. But the games he likes are usually liked by most reviewers. It's just that he often times dislikes games that are very popular.

Radec

Graphically is still a question since PD haven't used the PS4 yet that we've seen.

They can share the sounds, weather, and hire. C4EMGEN for the UI.

TAJ

Minus.com doesn't recompress your shots.
Click the Upload button near the upper-left of their home page. Then select your picture, write a description and click ok. When your screenshot shows up on their site there will be a button over the upper-right of it. Click it. Then copy the link from the URL bar of your browser, paste it into your post and add image tags.

benzy

Minus.com doesn't recompress your shots.
Click the Upload button near the upper-left of their home page. Then select your picture, write a description and click ok. When your screenshot shows up on their site there will be a button over the upper-right of it. Click it. Then copy the link from the URL bar of your browser, paste it into your post and add image tags.

Viveks isn't the one with the game. lol :p

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hi. I haven't followed the game since the launch delay and stopped really following game news altogether in the past 6 months. I'm still interested in DriveClub and want to get it. While the OP is very big and flashy I didn't see a date of release I only saw October 2014. Would someone be kind enough to tell me when I can download it?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Seems to be another positive impression:

yplHnoT.png

This pretty much cements this game's legitimate quality.

Tom Chick was the guy that ripped MGS4 a new asshole when everyone was singing hyperbolic praise.

His opinion is the journalistic gold star this game deserves.

v1lla21

Hi. I haven't followed the game since the launch delay and stopped really following game news altogether in the past 6 months. I'm still interested in DriveClub and want to get it. While the OP is very big and flashy I didn't see a date of release I only saw October 2014. Would someone be kind enough to tell me when I can download it?
Tuesday of next week :D

Loudninja

It comes out October 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom