• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzy

Hi. I haven't followed the game since the launch delay and stopped really following game news altogether in the past 6 months. I'm still interested in DriveClub and want to get it. While the OP is very big and flashy I didn't see a date of release I only saw October 2014. Would someone be kind enough to tell me when I can download it?

America - Oct 7
EU - Oct 8
UK - Oct 10

viveks86

Hi. I haven't followed the game since the launch delay and stopped really following game news altogether in the past 6 months. I'm still interested in DriveClub and want to get it. While the OP is very big and flashy I didn't see a date of release I only saw October 2014. Would someone be kind enough to tell me when I can download it?

Release date is there in the OP. You just need to have a magnifying glass handy ;)

15400998261_17551698d4_o.jpg

So there is weather in the game right now? Just not dynamic weather?

There is no weather in terms of rain or snow at launch. You can select to have it where the weather looks stormy (like storm clouds), but that's it. The actual weather (which will be dynamic) will be added before the end of the year.

M.W.

"So… how many people can you have in a club?"

"Good question! Hmmm... I don't know. A 100?"

"Not much of an exclusive club then, is it?"

"Everyone should join our Joystiq club then…"
Lol, and the guy playing it is reviewing it. WTF.

Kssio_Aug

Thank god I will have holidays from 13th to 15th October. Together with the weekend (that will also be my birthday =D) it will be the racing week!! FH2 and DC will provide me so much fun for both platforms with those two racing games! T-T

Will try the PS Plus version, and if I like will get the full version for sure!

Edit:
Just saw that pre-order get those:
http://driveclub.eu.playstation.com/sites/default/files/expandableheader/Three_Cars_900x293.jpg

Is it possible to aquire those cars in-game if I dont pre-order?

Alright. Had the game very early on today but didn't play thanks to life and Shadow of Mordor being hard to put down however, once I did, I spent 3 - 4 hours on the game and so far, I am really enjoying it. This is also coming from a guy who doesn't play alot of racing games and when I do, It's burnout/arcade racers mostly. First of all, the game looks STUNNING with no pop-ups in sight as well as being a very smooth and consistent 30fps. Moving on, the game is split up into 3 categories. Tour, Single Event and Multiplayer.

World Tour

Here is the campaign of the game where you get to choose and unlock events that are based on races, time trials, drifts and cup. The stars represent the challenges of that specific level that you could achieve for more points so you could level up, unlock cars, paint jobs and unlock more events in the tour. What I love most about it is that prior to the specific things you have to do, the game throws out random records from the leaderboards to achieve during the race for a specific short of time lets say for example, as you are about to hit a turn you go through a challenge pop up and it tells you to beat the other guys score in how long you could drift so, expect anything and not just drifts.

This actually kept me engaged and on my toes because even when I was in 1st place, I wasn't just scratching my balls but was on point and trying to beat records WHILE I was in first place which felt great. This system is also available in everything you do weather Tour, Single Event and I am guessing MP but I am not sure as I was unable to enter. Basically whatever you are doing in the game is pushing you further onto leveling up and progressing. You could also create your own challenges so that you could challenge other players as well as friends.

There are 51 events(levels) and they are a mix of races, drifts, time trials and cup matches.

Single Event

Here is where you are able to create and choose to your liking the type of match, location, car, whatever and play the way you want. There are 5 locations in the game. Canada, Chile, India, Norway, Scotland. Each location has 11 tracks so that's 55 levels and I think what they made great is the customization to the level itself you can set up things like time of day, weather, time lapse, crowd size, face-offs(on/off), opponent difficulty, number of opponents.etc

Multiplayer

I couldn't enter the MP for some reason but hopefully next time when I play, I'll try so I could write more about it. Couldn't even delve into the club specefications as I am still not into a club, you could browse for clubs as well for people who want to join in a club but since we are on gaf then everybody is in dat GAF CLUB. I tried out the paint job customization but I feel that it's better in the Forza games from what I have seen of videos just for comparison. I love how when you leave the controller for abit, the camera goes into this AD type of movement where it will show off your car from various angles, inside and out. You could also choose the time of day so I am guessing the screenshot thread will be a sight to behold. Didn't see a rewind or replay option but from what I am reading it's coming in later right? However, I did get into a real time day and night cycle where the race started at sun set and by the end of it the sun was no where to be seen. Didn't get to try out any snow or rain however, I will have to go to single event and try to customize there to see how everything looks like. In the options there is a setting for random so I am guessing weather is randomized as well as day and night cycle.

I'm usually a guy that plays arcade racers the most and I felt Driveclub strikes a good balance between simulation and arcade-y. It's kind of hard to explain since I don't play racing game that much but it just feels GREAT to play. I am sure if you guys played with the difficulty, you could probably push it towards being much more of a simulation type game rather than arcade-y or in between. So far, I am having great fun with it, I can't wait for GAF club and also playing with you guys. I am open for any question of the game you guys have or if you want me to take screenshots of specific things. It's kind of hard to find faults with the game because I feel it sets out what it wants to do and I guess people who play alot of racing games can judge better then I ever will. I will leave you all now with the pics dump of my 3 - 4 hour play session. I also tried putting my special edition code but it gave me an error that it's invalid, my guess is that it will work when the game releases.

NOTE:
IT LOOKS BETTER IN MOTION.
Enjoy!

The first few pics I took off screen because I was excited to try the game out and I didn't think right lol.

Does anyone know if the price in PSN is going up to 60 on Tuesday? I'm almost sure I'll get this but wanted to play the PS+ version first, but if it's going up to 60 I'll just preorder it.

Alright. Had the game very early on today but didn't play thanks to life and Shadow of Mordor being hard to put down however, once I did, I spent 3 - 4 hours on the game and so far, I am really enjoying it. This is also coming from a guy who doesn't play alot of racing games and when I do, It's burnout/arcade racers mostly. First of all, the game looks STUNNING with no pop-ups in sight as well as being a very smooth and consistent 30fps. Moving on, the game is split up into 3 categories. Tour, Single Event and Multiplayer.

World Tour

Here is the campaign of the game where you get to choose and unlock events that are based on races, time trials, drifts and cup. The stars represent the challenges of that specific level that you could achieve for more points so you could level up, unlock cars, paint jobs and unlock more events in the tour. What I love most about it is that prior to the specific things you have to do, the game throws out random records from the leaderboards to achieve during the race for a specific short of time lets say for example, as you are about to hit a turn you go through a challenge pop up and it tells you to beat the other guys score in how long you could drift so, expect anything and not just drifts.

This actually kept me engaged and on my toes because even when I was in 1st place, I wasn't just scratching my balls but was on point and trying to beat records WHILE I was in first place which felt great. This system is also available in everything you do weather Tour, Single Event and I am guessing MP but I am not sure as I was unable to enter. Basically whatever you are doing in the game is pushing you further onto leveling up and progressing. You could also create your own challenges so that you could challenge other players as well as friends.

There are 51 events(levels) and they are a mix of races, drifts, time trials and cup matches..

Thanks man.

The little things like keeping yourself on your toes all the time, even when you're in first is the kind of accessible variety and social integration that I think reviewers are going to gush over.

So, just to confirm, there are tournament cups where you play a series of races?

Griss

Excited for this, but lots of questions.

Firstly, when did the max amount for a club change from 12 to 6, and why? 6 people is a pretty small club. Secondly, will all the GAF clubs have any way of being linked in the game, or will we all be seperate?

Can you join a club where half the people have the full game and half have the PS+ version? Is that allowed? What if clubmates invite you to a race on a track you don't have or some such.

Are there social features involving your non-club PSN friends?

Game looks stunning. I'd get it for the visuals alone, but I really am itching for a next-gen racer in my life, so the timing is perfect.

viveks86

So, just to confirm, there are tournament cups where you play a series of races?

Yup. Many of the events are tournaments. And apparently multiplayer follows the same model.

Excited for this, but lots of questions.

Firstly, when did the max amount for a club change from 12 to 6, and why? 6 people is a pretty small club. Secondly, will all the GAF clubs have any way of being linked in the game, or will we all be seperate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBThW35aoT0

This explains their rationale. Was it a good decision? Will have to wait till we/others actually play it in full sized clubs.

Can you join a club where half the people have the full game and half have the PS+ version? Is that allowed? What if clubmates invite you to a race on a track you don't have or some such.

Yes. If you get such an invite, you just won't be able to race it.

Are there social features involving your non-club PSN friends?

Yes. There is async multiplayer with everyone on your PSN friends list. I'm not sure if there is traditional racing with PSN friends and randoms outside of clubs. There's just not been many people talking about the multiplayer aspects. We'll know soon enough.

Saberus

World Tour

There are 51 events(levels) and they are a mix of races, drifts, time trials and cup matches.

Single Event

Here is where you are able to create and choose to your liking the type of match, location, car, whatever and play the way you want. There are 5 locations in the game. Canada, Chile, India, Norway, Scotland. Each location has 11 tracks so that's 55 levels and I think what they made great is the customization to the level itself you can set up things like time of day, weather, time lapse, crowd size, face-offs(on/off), opponent difficulty, number of opponents.etc

Multiplayer

I couldn't enter the MP for some reason but hopefully next time when I play, I'll try so I could write more about it. Couldn't even delve into the club specefications as I am still not into a club, you could browse for clubs as well for people who want to join in a club but since we are on gaf then everybody is in dat GAF CLUB. I tried out the paint job customization but I feel that it's better in the Forza games from what I have seen of videos just for comparison. I love how when you leave the controller for abit, the camera goes into this AD type of movement where it will show off your car from various angles, inside and out. You could also choose the time of day so I am guessing the screenshot thread will be a sight to behold. Didn't see a rewind or replay option but from what I am reading it's coming in later right? However, I did get into a real time day and night cycle where the race started at sun set and by the end of it the sun was no where to be seen. Didn't get to try out any snow or rain however, I will have to go to single event and try to customize there to see how everything looks like. In the options there is a setting for random so I am guessing weather is randomized as well as day and night cycle.

I'm usually a guy that plays arcade racers the most and I felt Driveclub strikes a good balance between simulation and arcade-y. It's kind of hard to explain since I don't play racing game that much but it just feels GREAT to play. I am sure if you guys played with the difficulty, you could probably push it towards being much more of a simulation type game rather than arcade-y or in between. So far, I am having great fun with it, I can't wait for GAF club and also playing with you guys. I am open for any question of the game you guys have or if you want me to take screenshots of specific things. It's kind of hard to find faults with the game because I feel it sets out what it wants to do and I guess people who play alot of racing games can judge better then I ever will. I will leave you all now with the pics dump of my 3 - 4 hour play session. I also tried putting my special edition code but it gave me an error that it's invalid, my guess is that it will work when the game releases.

NOTE:
Enjoy!

The first few pics I took off screen because I was excited to try the game out and I didn't think right lol.

Thanks for the info & pictures, looks great.

World Tour

Single Event

Multiplayer

NOTE:
Enjoy!

Wow these screens look MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the others I've seen. I was worried for a sec. I'm perfectly happy with with that looks like and I already know in motion it will look even better.

Hyped!

Vestax

Banned
Thank god I will have holidays from 13th to 15th October. Together with the weekend (that will also be my birthday =D) it will be the racing week!! FH2 and DC will provide me so much fun for both platforms with those two racing games! T-T

Will try the PS Plus version, and if I like will get the full version for sure!

Edit:
Just saw that pre-order get those:
http://driveclub.eu.playstation.com/sites/default/files/expandableheader/Three_Cars_900x293.jpg

Is it possible to aquire those cars in-game if I dont pre-order?

I have a feeling you won't like DC. Let's call it a hunch...l

Thanks man.

The little things like keeping yourself on your toes all the time, even when you're in first is the kind of accessible variety and social integration that I think reviewers are going to gush over.

Your welcome anytime and to all who thank me while I write this reply lol. Yes, also I just noticed this after going back into the game now, there is also a social hub when you press triangle and a side bar opens up where you could see see what updates happened to the game or even players issuing challenges to others? check it out.

I also forgot to mention that you also get penalized during the race for ramming into others, crashing and what not. Basically you lose a certain amount of fame that you gained during that particular race.

viveks86

Your welcome anytime and to all who thank me while I write this reply lol. Yes, also I just noticed this after going back into the game now, there is also a social hub when you press triangle and a side bar opens up where you could see see what updates happened to the game or even players issuing challenges to others? check it out.

I also forgot to mention that you also get penalized during the race for ramming into others, crashing and what not. Basically you lose a certain amount of fame that you gained during that particular race.

Great stuff man. I admire your patience for putting all that info together. Please forward that to the press so that they know what they are reviewing.

Oh who am I kidding. They aren't gonna read it anyway.

World Tour

Single Event

Multiplayer

NOTE:
Enjoy!

Love what I am hearing. Good work

hbECM2H.gif

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Danny_RT just challenged me with a new lap time.

Me, personally.

EVPDxlp.jpg

viveks86

Didn't see a rewind or replay option but from what I am reading it's coming in later right? However, I did get into a real time day and night cycle where the race started at sun set and by the end of it the sun was no where to be seen. Didn't get to try out any snow or rain however, I will have to go to single event and try to customize there to see how everything looks like.

There are no announced plans for rewind mode. Replay mode is coming.

Snow and rain are coming around December. Right now weather is limited to varying cloud conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom