• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
I bought a wheel guys. I really want to use it for this game but I almost feel like it's overkill. I'm debating returning it, but I bet the game will be a lot more fun if I use it.

Anyone had experience with the T80 before?

Jamesways

Just got the text from Gamestop. Alien Isolation is a midnight release. But nothing for DC yet. Have both preordered. If I get one a text for DC at midnight, I'll actually go get both then. Never done one of those.

Taking Tue off to play this anyway.

Ibuki

Banned
Just got the text from Gamestop. Alien Isolation is a midnight release. But nothing for DC yet. Have both preordered. If I get one a text for DC at midnight, I'll actually go get both then. Never done one of those.

Taking Tue off to play this anyway.

Just ask the staff to pick up both. They won't deny a sale, if you are already there and a midnight launch is running they shouldn't mind!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I should also point out there was a free and incredibly well stocked bar for the evening but as I was driving I couldn't take advantage.

tumblr_lh9jyaHG201qdzpcm.gif

So what's everyone doing about wheels? I'm thinking about getting the T100 since it's compatible with Driveclub but I'm afraid that it will be a title to title thing. T80 has no force feedback so that's a big negative. T300 seems too pricey given I'm not into PC sim racing.

Jamesways

Just ask the staff to pick up both. They won't deny a sale, if you are already there and a midnight launch is running they shouldn't mind!

Great idea!

Impressions are great to read from everyone who's played.

Sounds like Evolution has a real gem to be proud of.

viveks86

Why are you letting them get under your skin? Ignore them to oblivion.

I'm not letting them affect me. Just baffled and a little curious. Especially about the product placement.

Is the Clio RS a new thing? I don't recall seeing it in the car list and now it's in just about every piece of new footage.

It seems like one of the early cars you start with that wasn't revealed until the final list got out. Since everyone is just getting started, there seems to be so many videos of them

Why do I keep finding videos like these. And they all even hold an xbox one controller in their hands. Is this a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpjFt6dnq1g

What's wrong with people?!

haha that xbox controller in his hand made me laugh, he has got a point though, games should be released when they are finished. and i personally wouldnt buy driveclub because of the lack of content when compared to other racers who are sold for the same price

Kevyt

So this game is going to be free for PS Plus subscribers, as it was originally intended or has anything changed? I suspect part of the game will be free, and pay for the rest/buy all of it at a discount, I would hope.

Edit: just read this on the OP! I apologize I was skimming through the whole thread.

Arklite

Been a long time coming, I'll scope out the Plus version to feel out the driving model and hopefully pick up a copy afterwards.

Kevyt

That info is in the OP.

Thanks! Sorry I missed that info on OP as I was quickly scrolling through. I hope Driveclub gets good review scores and becomes as big of a franchise as Gran Turismo. Maybe that's wishful thinking or maybe not? I can't wait to see the reviews and hear from Digital Foundry and their hands-on article.

v1lla21

Oh man, some of these challenges are going to be super damn fun to do!! trying to beat each other by tenths of a second is going to be amazing.

Jamesways

NotEasy

I was going to test the Plus Edition before buying,but i just pre-ordered the full version in the ps store.i blame you all lol.
i added driveclub-gaf my psn is NotHard. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom