• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Seemed like a GIF worthy detail

BMW.gif

I wonder if the dash cam would show it more prominently. It should, right?

Also, go ahead JLeack. Feel free to add this as item number 15 on your website. No need to give us a shout out ;)

If they've gone all out in terms of the attention to detail then you may not be able to see it at all depending on the angle of the dash cam.

You can only see the HUD in BMW's from the drivers seat position. If you are in the passenger seat or even behind the driver at a different angle you cannot see it.

Even if you put your head in between the front two seats over the gear shifter you can't see it.

viveks86

I don't know why people were ever worried about gameplay. Evo is just off three incredibly fun racing games.

Come on, Kev. You know why.

Gamers can be categorized into 3 kinds of people:

1) People who worry for real

2) People who pretend to worry

3) Fanboys

You, sir, are a fanboy. Welcome to da club!

If they've gone all out in terms of the attention to detail then you may not be able to see it at all depending on the angle of the dash cam.

You can only see the HUD in BMW's from the drivers seat position. If you are in the passenger seat or even behind the driver at a different angle you cannot see it.

I see...

Come on, Kev. You know why.

Gamers can be categorized into 3 kinds of people:

1) People who worry for real

2) People who pretend to worry

3) Fanboys

You, sir, are a fanboy. Welcome to da club!

I see...

Great gameplay isn't enough though these days. You have to have at minimum 5 gimmicks and no less then 100 of the same side missions to waste time with before even considering something to be great

I just know I'm ready to fucking race man. So ready to fly down a road at 180mph with great looking scenery, jamming to some great music and just ... Driving ... Really fast

Oneself

This will be my first ever digital full game. I bit the bullet this week and also bought the season pass. I just couldn't wait for Futureshop to send my physical copy (pre-ordered last year) and DC being a racing game with quick loading time, will be the perfect experience to just launch a race or two in between something else.

viveks86

Great gameplay isn't enough though these days. You have to have at minimum 5 gimmicks and no less then 100 of the same side missions to waste time with before even considering something to be great

I just know I'm ready to fucking race man. So ready to fly down a road at 180mph with great looking scenery, jamming to some great music and just ... Driving ... Really fast

I'm a bit too hyped at this point. I need someone to start dropping negative impressions. Please include words like "Meh", "generic", "sterile" etc. I just need it to ensure some mental stability.

I'm not worried anymore. Instead, I'm SCARED. If I don't end up liking the game come Tuesday, I will meltdown so bad. My stint on GAF started in a Driveclub thread a year ago. It may just end in a Driveclub thread.

Please don't be bad.

:'(

I'm a bit too hyped at this point. I need someone to start dropping negative impressions. Please include words like "Meh", "generic", "sterile" etc. I just need it to ensure some mental stability

someone on twitter who doesnt show a history of platform bias,said they preferred the more realistic handling of fh2.

does that help?

23qwerty

someone on twitter who doesnt show a history of platform bias,said they preferred the more realistic handling of fh2.

does that help?

I saw some video of FH2 last night and boy does the handling ever look not realistic, maybe it's just because I wasn't actually playing it though...

Mullah88

Even if you put your head in between the front two seats over the gear shifter you can't see it.

because the image is being projected on there. in some cars, you can adjust the viewing angle

DOWN

Banned
Stop typing "Porche"! I'm not a grammar Nazi, but damn!
Haha that's funny. I use prediction typing on iOS8 and I swear it predicted Porches off of my beginning instead of Porsche and I just didn't catch it since I saw the capitalization.

Hah. You took photos of the back of my head during the presentation. I'm the guy sat in front of you with long hair... Which club team were you on Bradley?
chris! Wasup man! E-mpire up in here today...Even spotted cliffbo a few days ago lol.

Glad you had fun, can't wait till next week.

Driveclub hopefully saves me from my Destiny addiction '-)

psn

does that help?

But why do ppl think that speeding with a slammed BMW through fields and bushes is realistic handling? The handling in fh2 is good, but not more realistic imo. Or was there an update of tyre physics? Just played the demo.

DOWN

Banned
They just use the Porsche Chassis, but they're stripped down and the car is built from the ground up.

Forza 4 added Porsche as DLC but I'm sure had to pay a decent cost to get EA and Porsche to agree to let them use it.
RUF is like a dreamy race line version of Porsche so yeah, they're mostly original, but hardly imposssible to see Porsche origins in a RUF model to even a casual consumer. I guess I'm surprised that with how closely the designs seem related to Porsche designs, Porsche doesn't have a sort of parent position in licensing them.

Vire

Think I'm done with Destiny for a bit... and this Smash demo is boring me to tears.

I think I may snap and just buy Mordor before Tuesday hits with Drive Club.

Gaz_RB

Think I'm done with Destiny for a bit... and this Smash demo is boring me to tears.

Do it. Shadow of Mordor is a really good game-I've barely touched Destiny since I picked it up.

Smash boring? Thems fightin words.

But seriously the full game is dope.

On topic: I paid off my preorder so I'm ready to go clubbing. Hype etc.

I'm a bit too hyped at this point. I need someone to start dropping negative impressions. Please include words like "Meh", "generic", "sterile" etc. I just need it to ensure some mental stability.

I'm not worried anymore. Instead, I'm SCARED. If I don't end up liking the game come Tuesday, I will meltdown so bad. My stint on GAF started in a Driveclub thread a year ago. It may just end in a Driveclub thread.

Please don't be bad.

I was at Walmart today and I decided "Hey i need to take a piss!" so I went to the bathroom in the back. On my way there I walked past the employee break room and they had a Sony Wega TV hooked up in there and I heard someone say "Man the game doesn't look as good as it does in the gifs." Another employee said "meh this game isn't that good and it's kinda sterile."

The manager I assumed by his commanding voice said "pack it up guys breaks over. This game looks linear.. What is this?? Driving Club??""

I then peeked my head out(I was hiding behind a vending machine) and I saw a glimpse of the title screen. It said The Crew.

All this transpired in a shadowy corridor.

Vire

Smash boring? Thems fightin words.

But seriously the full game is dope.

On topic: I paid off my preorder so I'm ready to go clubbing. Hype etc.

Off topic, but yeah I found the demo incredibly stale and boring. It feels like literally nothing has changed aside from a few new characters.

The base game isn't bad, but I've played this same game before for countless hours. I can't even get excited at least about a visual refresh or improved graphics with the 3DS version. Nintendo often gets criticized for resting on their laurels, but this game feels like that criticism is warranted.

Ok I got the tweet wrong it was

"Seems like #DRIVECLUB will have the visual edge, but really do think #ForzaHorizon2 has better handling model. Balanced fun with challenge."

Anyway who cares. The better and more developed driving games are the better future ones will be.
Everyone should celebrate however good each driving game is, wherever they end up.

Please don't be bad.

Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb and Phil Spencer both said they haven't heard of the game before, but recommended Forza as an alternative.

M.W.

Joysticks have been replaced by the touchpad in Driveclub. Press the right side of the touchpad for gas, the left for brake, and steer using your finger sliding left and right across the middle of the pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom