• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesways

JLeack article? Yep.
I'll wait for someone else to summarise. I'm not going to potentially waste my time.

Amazing he didn't shit all over it in this article. As you know from past threads, he's not a real fan.

Basically states facts we've been talking about in this thread, flag colors, customize your character, weather and photomode update, etc. Some new stuff like the World Tour took him 10 hours to finish (albeit without getting all stars however), and hitting level 50 will take a long time.

viveks86

JLeack article? Yep.
I'll wait for someone else to summarise. I'm not going to potentially waste my time.

It isn't bad, actually. Quite informative for people not following this thread closely. The tone does suggest the game is going to get a very positive review.

Not sure how this was allowed despite the embargo though. He does seem to have some opinions in there, like how drift challenges were his favorite or how night driving is crazy. I guess they are positive so Sony won't complain, but still…

Well just got back from the DRIVECLUB event at Evolution... Very, very impressed there. Had a decent 1 to 1 informative chat with Rushy too. Honestly screens don't do this game just, nore footage, really have to play it. Controls are accessible too, but with good learning curve. And that AI is intense at times.

BeeDog

Wow at that soundtrack. As someone who only listens to electronic music, the remixer line-up they've managed to get for it is mindblowing; almost all of those names are... :O

GHG

Watch the savage rivale video above. I see no rubber banding whatsoever. He gets punished when he makes mistakes, but when he is ahead and not terrible, he manages to stay ahead just fine.

One more with a BMW. Like the sound of this car. And there's a tiny speedometer floating on the windshield. What's up with that? Is that a feature?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzuv0lOanU8&list=UUNKNLMBZ74et277QNmj9cMw

Most high end/performance BMW's have a HUD feature on the windshield. It's like a hologram on the dash which tells you your speed. Navi directions and other warnings like low fuel/engine oil also pop up on it. It's been around for a while now as I have it on my 2009 x6 50i.

It's the most useful cool feature I've ever had on a car. I thought it was a gimmick when I first heard about it before I bought my car but it's proven to be really useful as I never need to take my eyes off the road while driving to check my speed.

Nice to see small details like this have made it into the game.

viveks86

Most high end/performance BMW's have a HUD feature on the dashboard. It's like a hologram on the dash which tells you your speed. Navi directions and other warnings like low fuel/engine oil also pop up on it. It's been around for a while now as I have it on my 2009 x6 50i.

It's the most useful cool feature I've ever had on a car. I thought it was a gimmick when I first heard about it before I bought my car but it's proven to be really useful as I never need to take my eyes off the road while driving to check my speed.

Nice to see small details like this have made it into the game.

Nice! Didn't know they already made it into production BMWs. I'd seen them first in Ghost Protocol and haven't followed progress since.

Hawk269

This car looks crazy fun to drive. Beautiful track as well.

Both look really good. Just curious why only 5 cars on the track though? That seems like an odd number. I have seen videos with more cars, so it seems like there is a setting to determine the AI cars.

GHG

Nice! Didn't know they already made it into production BMWs. I'd seen them first in Ghost Protocol and haven't followed progress since.

Yeh I had no idea before I test drove some BMW's, didn't think it was really a thing in production cars at all yet! In my state of surprise I exclaimed "I feel like I'm in a video game!" when test driving the car. The look on my wife's face...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
All the girls have some secret club and they all go *Sunshine!* whenever they approve something, can't remember the episode.

The List.

It's the one where the boys find a list of who the girls think is the cutest.

It was also in The Stick of Truth.

viveks86

Yeh I had no idea before I test drove some BMW's, didn't think it was really a thing in production cars at all yet! In my state of surprise I exclaimed "I feel like I'm in a video game!" when test driving the car. The look on my wife's face...

LOL

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This car looks crazy fun to drive. Beautiful track as well.

It's not ;-;

I made a fool out of myself in the livestream trying to drive it for the first time

This is before I unlocked the RUF

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
lol also saw you fumbling with the Venom GT

Is that the Hennessey? Oh you mean the drift challenge! Yes, I assed that up.

So far out of the supers the RUF CTR3 is my favorite.

viveks86

Seemed like a GIF worthy detail

BMW.gif

I wonder if the dash cam would show it more prominently. It should, right?

Also, go ahead JLeack. Feel free to add this as item number 15 on your website. No need to give us a shout out ;)

BiGBoSSMk23

He's one of the gameplay coders (no wonder)

Uses auto transmission and says he's "rubbish" compared to some of the other guys at Evo. Lol

Humble bastard.

He says he's enjoying this thread lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't know why people were ever worried about gameplay. Evo is just off three incredibly fun racing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom