• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator

I need to see this Driveclub engine in dense city environments though, with all the neon and moody lighting they can muster. Unless we're getting a huge city expansion, I, for one, say Motorstorm can wait until after Driveclub 2: The Streets
I am perfectly okay with this.

Also I'm going to quote this another time because I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Seemed like a GIF worthy detail

BMW.gif

I wonder if the dash cam would show it more prominently. It should, right?

Also, go ahead JLeack. Feel free to add this as item number 15 on your website. No need to give us a shout out ;)
Is the driver... touching the display in the car to change the image..? I feel like I could be seeing things but it looks like it.

OT: is there a way to stop animated gifs from loading on my mobile browser (chrome for android), preferably by displaying a start button on the first frame? I can't visit threads like these on mobile internet.
In your preferences on mobile you should be able to switch gifs off. Then it just displays a gif button that you have to click to see the gif.

I'm sure this game is going to score real high with people who just love well put together racing games while people who have to have some sort of gimmick or extra to keep then engaged will score it lower due to the lack of " content ".

I haven't heard many people talk poorly about the way the game actually plays. So pretty certain that aspect is solid. Cars sound like they are unique to drive so that is solid. The soundtrack is solid. The graphics are solid.

Only thing that could get in its way are those people who don't enjoy the Club aspect and are not entertained by just racing. You'll hear a ton of generic and overused " it's a next gen look inside a last gen package " type shit probably.

Does the game look that good in person, or do GIFs hide the flaws and make it shinier and more lush than it actually is? I am asking the question because these look phenomenal...

Kssio_Aug

OT: is there a way to stop animated gifs from loading on my mobile browser (chrome for android), preferably by displaying a start button on the first frame? I can't visit threads like these on mobile internet.

I believe chrome doesnt have that option. But with Firefox you can download a complement called "mobile image blocker". I use it to navigate when not using wi-fi.

viveks86

In your preferences on mobile you should be able to switch gifs off. Then it just displays a gif button that you have to click to see the gif.

Oh really? My browser just has an option to switch them off. Can't see anything till I switch them on. Should fiddle around a bit more

Is the driver... touching the display in the car to change the image..? I feel like I could be seeing things but it looks like it.

Haha. No he's paddle shifting

Does the game look that good in person, or do GIFs hide the flaws and make it shinier and more lush than it actually is? I am asking the question because these look phenomenal...

From someone who is playing the game:

The funny thing is that it still doesn't look as good as it does when it's in motion, infront of you lol.

The only thing a GIF does is improve IQ since the image is essentially downsampled from a higher resolution to a lower one. Other than that, there is no "cleanup" that's happening here. You can check the source youtube video and it looks exactly the same.

Here is a hype gameplay footage I did for you guys on one of the Canadian tracks. Taken straight from the PS4 capture footage and uploaded on sendspace since I didn't want more compression as I'm sure the PS4 already does that on it's own. Enjoy! I really can't wait for DLNA so I could play tracks such as the one I put in the video, it really gets the blood pumping.

EDIT: Oh shit, sendspace is not allowed here for some reason but you guys know what to put instead of the stars lol (sendspace .com). Anyways, I also change the camera often so that you guys could see the game from inside and out.

EDIT 2: Would love to hear your thoughts. On how great the game looks and how shitty or good my gameplay is.

Kssio_Aug

I can help because I have it disabled too on mobile.

Click the 4 squares in top right corner of mobile GAF, go to preferences and turn Show GIFs off.

Ahh, never saw that. Thanks.

I have a galaxy S3. Just using the stock browser. There is a button with four squares on it on the top right of the page that drops a menu down, then I just go to preferences and switch display gifs to off. Never tried with any other browser.

Awesome! Just did it. Thanks!

It's a GAF option. Follow bombshell's instructions

Yup! Just did that here! Never paid attention to those preferences before! :p

Wait. Wich browser is that? Or is it on the smartphone options? (I use android here)
I have a galaxy S3. Just using the stock browser. There is a button with four squares on it on the top right of the page that drops a menu down, then I just go to preferences and switch display gifs to off. Never tried with any other browser.

Beat

viveks86

I can help because I have it disabled too on mobile.

Click the 4 squares in top right corner of mobile GAF, go to preferences and turn Show GIFs off.

Awesome! Just did it. Thanks!

Wait. Wich browser is that? Or is it on the smartphone options? (I use android here)

It's a GAF option. Follow bombshell's instructions

Just to clarify, the 4 squares aren't part of the browser. It is part of mobile GAF

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I fucking love this game.

Did I tell you that I love this game?

I. Fucking. Love. This. Game.

kriskrosbbk

So what's everyone doing about wheels? I'm thinking about getting the T100 since it's compatible with Driveclub but I'm afraid that it will be a title to title thing. T80 has no force feedback so that's a big negative. T300 seems too pricey given I'm not into PC sim racing.

I bought T80 DC edition last week,and the lack of FF does not bother me at all.The wheel feels quite sturdy and the auto centering works quite well.Like it alot and the price.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I'm sure this game is going to score real high with people who just love well put together racing games while people who have to have some sort of gimmick or extra to keep then engaged will score it lower due to the lack of " content ".

I haven't heard many people talk poorly about the way the game actually plays. So pretty certain that aspect is solid. Cars sound like they are unique to drive so that is solid. The soundtrack is solid. The graphics are solid.

Only thing that could get in its way are those people who don't enjoy the Club aspect and are not entertained by just racing. You'll hear a ton of generic and overused " it's a next gen look inside a last gen package " type shit probably.

Is it valid that the game has a lack of content? I only there's only 50 cars but how many tracks and events etc are there?

If the gameplay is excellent that's all that matters

viveks86

I fucking love this game.

Did I tell you that I love this game?

I. Fucking. Love. This. Game.

Why?

Is it valid that the game has a lack of content? I only there's only 50 cars but how many tracks and events etc are there?

If the gameplay is excellent that's all that matters

50 events and 55 tracks (25 unique) and 50 cars at launch. We have heard 2 reviewers who have indicated there is no shortage of content. PSNation, who played the game for a week and hadn't completed the campaign, and JLeack, who said it takes around 10 hours to get through the campaign and a lot more if you want to get all the stars. And that doesn't even include the "club" portion of Driveclub.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Norsk Climb

Taapaca Run

Bandipur Drift

That's all I gotta say.

Fucking hell, Evolution <3

Ape

Banned
I'm trying to convince someone i know to get this game so i can play it for a little bit. Thanks for all the gifs

BiGBoSSMk23

I'm not home. I dont have the means to show you why...I could just tell you. But you don't need to read anymore about it, do you? :p

Evolution Studios trapped lightning in a bottle with this one.

I haven't played a game that just feels so fun and deep and engrossing. Let alone a racing game! It's so persistent and self evolving and downright beautiful that getting a trophy just now made me go "... Shit, that's right. Trophies..."

The visuals and fun factor keeps reminding me of Motorstorm wowing me at the start of last gen. It feels familiar in the sense that I'm playing an Evo game... I just can't get enough of it.

It's fucking delicious. Everything.

My god...

Really looking forward to playing the PS+ version.

Not sure if/when I'll upgrade to the full game, but I'm cool with having something short and sweet, plus I'm not as excited for this as I am for Forza Horizon 2, or even the Crew. I'm really excited to see how amazing it looks though, who knows, maybe it will win me over.

viveks86

Here is a hype gameplay footage I did for you guys on one of the Canadian tracks. Taken straight from the PS4 capture footage and uploaded on sendspace since I didn't want more compression as I'm sure the PS4 already does that on it's own. Enjoy! I really can't wait for DLNA so I could play tracks such as the one I put in the video, it really gets the blood pumping.

EDIT: Oh shit, sendspace is not allowed here for some reason but you guys know what to put instead of the stars lol (sendspace .com). Anyways, I also change the camera often so that you guys could see the game from inside and out.

EDIT 2: Would love to hear your thoughts. On how great the game looks and how shitty or good my gameplay is.

Nice run. Looks great! What difficulty was that in?

I'm probably not the best person to give feedback on driving :D

I saw that article someone posted from GamesRadar, about how modern racing games need to become more "hardcore"... I could not agree more.

DriveClub's tracks are incredibly frustrating in this regard - you go offroad and you collide with a bunch of flowers like it was cement, and on the other hand, whatever surface you collide with amounts to pretty much the same damage.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Why?

50 events and 55 tracks (25 unique) and 50 cars at launch. We have heard 2 reviewers who have indicated there is no shortage of content. PSNation, who played the game for a week and hadn't completed the campaign, and JLeack, who said it takes around 10 hours to get through the campaign and a lot more if you want to get all the stars. And that doesn't even include the "club" portion of Driveclub.

Sounds awesome! can't wait :D good stuff

Still no pre-load?

None of the stuff I expect to be automated and run on timers - like say this pre-load - none of this stuff runs on timers, does it? There's some human somewhere that has to flip switches, or two humans that have to turn their keys in unison as part of some master vault lock or some other dark ritual that needs performing.

Its a headscratcher why this stuff doesn't just automagically work when the clock strikes midnight or whatever the scheduled time is.

Nice run. Looks great! What difficulty was that in?

I'm probably not the best person to give feedback on driving :D

Yup, It looks fantastic. The default difficulty. LOL, to judge my self, I definitely got way better then when I first got the game a day ago. In any case though, It's immensely fun.

Jimrpg

I'm not home. I dont have the means to show you why...I could just tell you. But you don't need to read anymore about it, do you? :p

Evolution Studios trapped lightning in a bottle with this one.

I haven't played a game that just feels so fun and deep and engrossing. Let alone a racing game! It's so persistent and self evolving and downright beautiful that getting a trophy just now made me go "... Shit, that's right. Trophies..."

The visuals and fun factor keeps reminding me of Motorstorm wowing me at the start of last gen. It feels familiar in the sense that I'm playing an Evo game... I just can't get enough of it.

It's fucking delicious. Everything.

My god...

This game is pretty much the best looking game ever released on a console so far and I'm going to have a lot of fun even if it's just graphic whoring. People being #concerned can't really be taken seriously at this point. Shocking that people want to pixel analyse power lines, but I get it, there's probably a whole heap of industry ppl here.

The only thing I need to know now is how the campaign holds up because I play a lot of single player. When they say it's 55 events, is that just single events like a time trial or a cone race, or is it more like gran turismo where there can be more than one challenge/race in each event. I ask because 55 events sounds kind of short. Which means I'll probably get the season pass as long as it's reasonably priced in Australia.

bombshell

Something I wondered reading some of the impressions posts last night.

In the tour campaign, do we set the AI difficulty in all events ourselves or does it go from the lowest in the first events to legend in the final events?

viveks86

The only thing I need to know now is how the campaign holds up because I play a lot of single player. When they say it's 55 events, is that just single events like a time trial or a cone race, or is it more like gran turismo where there can be more than one challenge/race in each event. I ask because 55 events sounds kind of short. Which means I'll probably get the season pass as long as it's reasonably priced in Australia.

They aren't single events. Some events are 3 race tournaments (may be more that I haven't come across). Almost all of them have more than 1 challenge to complete.

Something I wondered reading some of the impressions posts last night.

In the tour campaign, do we set the AI difficulty in all events ourselves or does it go from the lowest in the first events to legend in the final events?

It's fixed per event. At least that's my understanding. Hence the difficulty spike as you work your way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom