• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

ballerusk

The "normal" edition is disabled for purchase, all I can do is get the PS Plus edition Upgrade which makes little sense since there is no PS Plus edition.

Do you have a PS Plus-subscription? If so, then the PS Plus Edition Upgrade is what you want. It's the full game, but at $10 cheaper since you have PS Plus.

JAPAN INCOMING OMG

1469948_758660927551603_7597089710340408704_n.jpg
Starting " Night of fire " Initial D music

I'm calling it. Tokyo Drift at night!

Now i'm salivating .

Shaneus

Is the drift challenge open or locked? If the former I should be able to see if on the "Friends Challenges" tab.
Invited :p

Edit: Bah, took a while to actually press "submit". Too busy checking out the driver stats (some of which I'm sure are a bit off).

I had an idea for Rushy, too: I love driving without the HUD but sometimes feel the need to quickly see what's on there (like times or what have you). Could that be mapped to a button to quickly view it? Either to display info for a set time (like a second or two) or while holding such a button down (you really only need half a second to see what you need to see). Means I wouldn't have to run the HUD with 10% transparency all the time.

Jamesways

Invited :p

Edit: Bah, took a while to actually press "submit". Too busy checking out the driver stats (some of which I'm sure are a bit off).

I had an idea for Rushy, too: I love driving without the HUD but sometimes feel the need to quickly see what's on there (like times or what have you). Could that be mapped to a button to quickly view it? Either to display info for a set time (like a second or two) or while holding such a button down (you really only need half a second to see what you need to see). Means I wouldn't have to run the HUD with 10% transparency all the time.

Shift had a similar feature. 2 button presses on the d-pad, one for full HUD to check times, another for just speedometer, last one all off. Brilliant.

Weird, I'm not on that list, makes me wonder if I only see the ppl that were current when Shaneus forwarded it to me.

or I'm last :p

*edit* It's a different challenge, nm.

LOL this IS a different challenge. Well....heading to the other one!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I still find it hard to believe that 24 hours ago I was completely clueless without a hope in hell and all of a sudden I'm mixing it with the best of them :D

Have you tried either of the two I sent you? I'll resend them when they've expired and I'll make sure they're open instead of invite only.

Shaneus

Have you tried either of the two I sent you? I'll resend them when they've expired and I'll make sure they're open instead of invite only.
Tried both, I think I couldn't be fucked with nailing it on one and can't remember what the other was.

The one course I remember wasn't a particularly good drift track. Find better ones ;P

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Tried both, I think I couldn't be fucked with nailing it on one and can't remember what the other was.

The one course I remember wasn't a particularly good drift track. Find better ones ;P

They were Club Challenges sent to us, the long circuit one (Scotland?) was the one the top guy exploited on but I got 2nd place and within about 50pts without exploiting so I sent that to you. The other one, the Canadian one was quite tricky but satisfying, plus I came first, then got beaten and regained my crown again. Problem was though, in order to get maximum points in the Canadian one you needed to drift into a slide and come to a complete stop to get anywhere near competitive.

Gf is over and she wanted to watch Netflix :(

That's only Netflix, fell my pain. ;-) I just moved in with my missus a week ago. I work 2pm-10pm whilst she works 8am-5pm. I get home at 10:45pm and one of the first nights I stayed up till 3:30am gaming. She spat the dummy and wants me in bed to snuggle and pillow talk as soon as I come home. Problem is, I haven't wound down yet, I like to sit home and relax. I'm going to be giving her the talk this week and tell her I do need my chill time when I get home, even if we just compromise a couple of nights a week.

NJShadow

First off, I'm extremely hyped over Japan. That is seriously going to push things over the top for this game, if it hasn't been pushed over already.

Second, I finally snagged footage of one of the better sunsets in the game, in my opinion. I had been racing and racing, but it's a bit difficult to win this one with an Italia. Finally did it, and the run was fairly decent.

Drink in this sunset... drink it in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkFB54y_gA (1:20 mark is went you just get enveloped in it...)

DJ Gunner

DS4 user here and I'm .293 away from making Venom 2 my bitch. But gat damn is this tough. I've been at it now for about an hour....

Ranger X

Ok I am at the "Venom Hot Lap". Was curious to see what the fuss was about.
I confirm its tuff. 2 first stars are easy to get but the 1:16.... omg. This is bordeline "too hard to be fun" in my book. I'll try to do it but god damn.

I confirm its tuff. 2 first stars are easy to get but the 1:16.... omg. This is bordeline "too hard to be fun" in my book. I'll try to do it but god damn.

the thing that makes it depressing is the 1:16 ghost car executes a couple of first tricky corners almost perfectly: the tight 90 degree corner, then that really awkward next fast sweeper.

Luckily it leaves some time on the table later in the lap so you need not to be too demoralised by seemingly always following.

I only started that process where you keep fractionally beating you own ghost by playing around with throttle modulation instead of full throttle, full brake, full throttle, full brake..

DJ Gunner

Two stars from finishing Elements- and the last Venom 2 time is one of them.

This game, man. THIS GAME. So goddamned good. I haven't had a challenge like this since Savo in Midnight Club II.

They were Club Challenges sent to us, the long circuit one (Scotland?) was the one the top guy exploited on but I got 2nd place and within about 50pts without exploiting so I sent that to you. The other one, the Canadian one was quite tricky but satisfying, plus I came first, then got beaten and regained my crown again. Problem was though, in order to get maximum points in the Canadian one you needed to drift into a slide and come to a complete stop to get anywhere near competitive.

That's only Netflix, fell my pain. ;-) I just moved in with my missus a week ago. I work 2pm-10pm whilst she works 8am-5pm. I get home at 10:45pm and one of the first nights I stayed up till 3:30am gaming. She spat the dummy and wants me in bed to snuggle and pillow talk as soon as I come home. Problem is, I haven't wound down yet, I like to sit home and relax. I'm going to be giving her the talk this week and tell her I do need my chill time when I get home, even if we just compromise a couple of nights a week.
I feel your pain. Similar thing when I moved in with my now wife. They don't seem to get the concept of wind down time. Couple of nights a week is where I'm at too. Lol.

This is my last attempt as I'm heading out for the rest of the night. Just a few hours left on the clock if anyone wants to try and beat it. Good luck!

SR3FFwe.jpg

tumblr_mb61pynHRL1qeesnt.gif
Jesus. That drift challenge was intense. I wanted to be in the 1200+ club but I couldn't make it in time. You guys are crazy.

T_Exige

They need to fix this challenge - message link, I want to get my last trophy "Unbeatable"
So I send like 2 challenges to different people on the suggested list, only to receive a serious hate message :-( . I already won like 5+ challenges, but no trophy ...

If there are people with drift challenges, Add me, I won't spam you :)

Can't wait for some Japan races! Maybe some GTR, LFA or Initial D :-o

xrnzaaas

Yep, in my case I had to be online when the last challenge I won expired for the trophy to finally pop up (I'm pretty sure I got at least 10 challenge wins before that). It seems it only has to be like that for the last challenge, because all my previous challenges ended when I wasn't playing the game. As for inviting others, just don't care about what people reply to your challenges or if they ignore them. I usually send them to 25-30 people from the suggested list and least 1-2 of them try to beat my score. Might want to send more invites though if you want to do a short challenge (like an hour one) that will end when you're still online.

danowat

Banned

You think that's tough, you wanna try the venom hot lap on the elements tour..........sheeshhhh

CozMick

Banned
They need to fix this challenge - message link, I want to get my last trophy "Unbeatable"
So I send like 2 challenges to different people on the suggested list, only to receive a serious hate message :-( . I already won like 5+ challenges, but no trophy ...

If there are people with drift challenges, Add me, I won't spam you :)

Can't wait for some Japan races! Maybe some GTR, LFA or Initial D :-o

It's bugged, there is a workaround though.

Send a challenge, at least 1 person has to attempt it other than you, win the challenge, make sure you're in the "ongoing" challenges menu when the timer expires.

Tadaaaaaa. :)

danowat

Banned
Am now getting the message on the club cars that "these cars are locked whilst your club is inactive" :(

Anyone got an active club I can join?

Hi,

just got this game last week and am doing OK, i've found practicing in Time Trial obviously is making me a bit better but if anyone would like to add me and send some challenges that would be great.

I do have a club on there with 2 friends in it but they're not quite as active and there are 2 more spots so if anyone is looking for a casual club feel free to join.

My PS id is DamagedInc and the club is called Rattleheads.

Thanks!

djjinx2

Drivelcub sales still going great in UK thanks to pricedrop ;)

dchukd.png

This game will be a good seller for a while yet.
Really hope we get a DC2 :)

First off, I'm extremely hyped over Japan. That is seriously going to push things over the top for this game, if it hasn't been pushed over already.

Second, I finally snagged footage of one of the better sunsets in the game, in my opinion. I had been racing and racing, but it's a bit difficult to win this one with an Italia. Finally did it, and the run was fairly decent.

Drink in this sunset... drink it in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkFB54y_gA (1:20 mark is went you just get enveloped in it...)

Nice video! Love that time of day on that track. Beautiful! Btw, what is that music track? I like it. Thanks.

Evo, you said you have FIXED this. Apparently you have NOT:

iB3tAo5pAxsad.jpg
Separate issue going by posts on here I'd say. People suggesting it seemed to think you were in an inactive club, thus you're not entitled to the car.

It does work because I was playing after they introduced the change and servers went down briefly and club cars were still available to me.

That kie25 guy, how in the hell. Evo's Stingray challenge they are, bar 2nd place, 8 seconds ahead of everyone else! He's pretty much what must be around 0.5-0.8 seconds ahead of me by the first corner alone!

andshrew

Servers seem to be having real issues the last few hours? Struggling to get a game and when I do no avatars load and often no split times or driver names.

3DShovel

Just picked this up and good lord i'm terrible at it. Can someone tell how not to smash into most walls after a steep curve? I don't understand how to drift..

Ranger X

the thing that makes it depressing is the 1:16 ghost car executes a couple of first tricky corners almost perfectly: the tight 90 degree corner, then that really awkward next fast sweeper.

Luckily it leaves some time on the table later in the lap so you need not to be too demoralised by seemingly always following.

I only started that process where you keep fractionally beating you own ghost by playing around with throttle modulation instead of full throttle, full brake, full throttle, full brake..

Actually I am faster then the ghost in the first 3 right turns. Its the long left after the next long straight where they reach me. Then they always exit faster than me in the last last right turn. Anyhow, I pulled off 1:16:432. I should have that star sooner or later.

You think that's tough, you wanna try the venom hot lap on the elements tour..........sheeshhhh

I am already mentally prepared to NOT have all the stars on that DLC. lol

Just picked this up and good lord i'm terrible at it. Can someone tell how not to smash into most walls after a steep curve? I don't understand how to drift..
IXNBbAZ.png

The type of corner will depend whether you take an early, late or normal apex but that comes with learning the tracks. As DC isn't a sim you have much more room for error but the basics still apply.

DJ Gunner

Elements Gold Trophy is mine. Venom Hot Lap 2: 1:19:792 (after running a 1:20.052 15 min earlier). Dualshock 4.

Man that feels amazing.

Top Bottom