• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Damn, hyper cars are beasts! It's pretty damn hard to control them, even on dry roads lol

Still love them. :)

By the way, anyone have a club I can join? I can only log on about once a week, but I can contribute however I can to the club. I mainly want the cars :p And I don't have PS+ yet. PSN: Caustic_Angel

Drifters

Oooohhhhhhshhhiittttt5tt

#1 on the TT battle. Wonder how long I'll stay there. Such a rush, you have to drive damn near perfect on that up hill section!

So I just got a PS4 and started playing this over the weekend, and I will probably sound dumb but how do you get to the photomode? I saw how to take a screen via the Share button, but I'm talking about when you go in and you can move the camera around for different shots. Literally only done about half a dozen offline races, but I'd like to know this as I can see myself spending a lot of time in the photomode.

Thanks,

viveks86

So I just got a PS4 and started playing this over the weekend, and I will probably sound dumb but how do you get to the photomode? I saw how to take a screen via the Share button, but I'm talking about when you go in and you can move the camera around for different shots. Literally only done about half a dozen offline races, but I'd like to know this as I can see myself spending a lot of time in the photomode.

Thanks,

Press right side of touchpad in-game

EGOMON

Thanks. Is that standard? I was also thinking of taking some photos in Infamous: First Light, assuming it has a photomode like the full game.
No not a standard, for infamous you have to enable the feature first from settings and to access it in-game you need to press L3

Fenzer

about the challenges trophy and the workaround : do we have to stay online for all five challenges or if we won 4 before we can just have to be online for one ?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm really bad at this game. UGH
car spins out of control every single time I try to manage a bend :/

1. Learn to feather the throttle

2. Learn which cars spin out under heavy acceleration. Some cars benefit from some throttle around the corners, some do not.

djjinx2

I have 1 spot in a club if anyone wants one?

You don't have to be good just play fairly often, it's level 39 right now.

Send me a FR, GgT-Wolves-FC

kamandi

Awesome racing game. Challenges and everything, simply great. Just need to get rid of some of those stupid face-offs. Face-off versus some guy with drift score 5?!?. Or average speed face-off versus 40 km/h. Lol.

xrnzaaas

Awesome racing game. Challenges and everything, simply great. Just need to get rid of some of those stupid face-offs. Face-off versus some guy with drift score 5?!?. Or average speed face-off versus 40 km/h. Lol.

What are you complainin about? Easy points. ;)

It's a starting point. Once you run through it, it will adjust to your level.

kamandi

What are you complainin about? Easy points. ;)

I feel like i am cheating lol.

It's a starting point. Once you run through it, it will adjust to your level.

Yes right but still, it could match the player with someone more reasonable, not with a drift score of 2 guy. Because since there are so much face-offs in the game, i am at level 15 but it seems like i will never run out of these nonsense face-offs.

viveks86

Yes right but still, it could match the player with someone more reasonable, not with a drift score of 2 guy. Because since there are so much face-offs in the game, i am at level 15 but it seems like i will never run out of these nonsense face-offs.

That's a noteworthy point. There must be a minimum threshold for these face offs. Beating ridiculously low scores does not feel rewarding at all. So your reaction to it is justified.

thanks! do you guys actually change the controls to make it easier to manage?

Not me

lordxar

Once you beat that face off you get the next closest to yours and it just starts at the worst the first time you race x car on y track. Yea its stupid but easy free points. Besides, some of the low ones like the 1 or 2 points in drifting are during a heated race/time trial when their probably just an accidental move anyway. The only time I cared was before I hit 50 and needed fame, now its whatever and I barely bother with those and just focus on my time.

Definitely but, I feel like they are erring on the side of caution with it. It's better to start low and let it work it's way up than to start too high and have the forums fill up with people bitching about how they can't ever beat a face off.

nib95

Banned
Been playing this game solidly over the weeks, despite having so many other games I need to yet finish or even start lol. Almost got all the gold stars now but don't want it to end :( Hope the next bout of DLC hits fairly soon. That teaser image from their Facebook has me giddy!

Side note, my first ShareFactory video. Had to be DriveClub and had to be using a McLaren F1. Redline McLaren Challenge gold star.

http://youtu.be/GTY3TS1jUMU

The flyover shots of the course aren't good enough? Or do they automatically go to the race after a bit?
I've left it going ages. Pretty sure it is infinite. I use it as a pause. Like if I need a piss I'll set the game up then run to the bog whilst it loads.

Difficult to complete in less then 10 seconds though.

Definitely but, I feel like they are erring on the side of caution with it. It's better to start low and let it work it's way up than to start too high and have the forums fill up with people bitching about how they can't ever beat a face off.

They work better on circuits rather than P2P events as your going through the areas 3-5 times rather than just once. It also helps to have lots of DC players on yours friends lists so they aren't just random people popping up. Best thing is having your own name pop up as I'm guessing you've posted the fastest / highest score of anyone for that zone (doesn't happen often!).

Tommi84

That's a noteworthy point. There must be a minimum threshold for these face offs.
Why? When you get competitive and wanting as fast time as possible, you may end up loosing those rudiculous small scores. I don't even count how many times I've lost to 'Drift score: 4' because I didn't want to loose precious time ;)

viveks86

Why? When you get competitive and wanting as fast time as possible, you may end up loosing those rudiculous small scores. I don't even count how many times I've lost to 'Drift score: 4' because I didn't want to loose precious time ;)

Because it isn't just about winning or losing the face off. The low score itself is kind of pointless and might as well be 0 since you can beat it if you remotely tried. The issue with such scores is that the first time you take up any course, you have no good face offs until you do a lap or retry. And the issue is exacerbated for p2p tracks. That is not how the game should present itself the first time. It's a very minor complaint, but a valid one

EDIT:

A better approach would be to show the top score for the section the first time and then adjust it based on what you actually end up getting. That would also be in line with how time trials and drift ghosts work.

Because it isn't just about winning or losing the face off. The low score itself is kind of pointless and might as well be 0 since you can beat it if you remotely tried. The issue with such scores is that the first time you take up any course, you have no good face offs until you do a lap or retry. And the issue is exacerbated for p2p tracks. That is not how the game should present itself the first time. It's a very minor complaint, but a valid one

EDIT:

A better approach would be to show the top score for the section the first time and then adjust it based on what you actually end up getting. That would also be in line with how time trials and drift ghosts work.

But the first time you drove a p2p track you'd be guaranteed to lose every face off, and time trials start with the worst time (your always green / ahead on the splits) but show you the ghost for the best. Personally I think the way it works now is correct but maybe raise the minimum score threshold.

viveks86

But the first time you drove a p2p track you'd be guaranteed to lose every face off, and time trials start with the worst time (your always green / ahead on the splits) but show you the ghost for the best. Personally I think the way it works now is correct but maybe raise the minimum score threshold.

Hmmm… Good point. Minimum threshold is probably the best approach

Hmmm… Good point. Minimum threshold is probably the best approach

:) I must say the low scores don't particularly bother me, I'm always getting beaten by 2 point drift scores when I'm racing because I'm usually trying not to slide!
Do we know how many combinations of face off are actually recorded? Every track in 3 locations, for every car, for every type of weather and for 3 different types? Sounds like a pretty big number to be checking through then finding your nearest friends score ready for the next lap.

viveks86

:) I must say the low scores don't particularly bother me, I'm always getting beaten by 2 point drift scores when I'm racing because I'm usually trying not to slide!
Do we know how many combinations of face off are actually recorded? Every track in 3 locations, for every car, for every type of weather and for 3 different types? Sounds like a pretty big number to be checking through then finding your nearest friends score ready for the next lap.

Yeah i lose all drift face offs too. The incentive to win them isn't worth the compromise unless they have a gold star for it. I do give cornering and average speed ones an earnest attempt, as winning them generally means that you are getting better at those sections.

With regard to the telemtry captured for face offs, I believe that is the case. Probably why the servers are struggling to keep up. Quite a bit of constant backend querying for every player

I got Driveclub at Christmas and had a tough time at first (I guess I shouldn't have immediately jumped into the worst possible weather conditions). However, I took a step back, dialed back the weather settings, and played in optimal race conditions. As a result, I started getting better race after race. I now consistently place 1st-3rd in most races (offline only right now), even in the nastiest of weather conditions. I used to ping pong all over the track, now I zip around curves with confidence. I'm liking Driveclub more and more.

nikos

After hundreds of games, it looks like this may finally be my first platinum trophy. I actually had most of the trophies done within the first couple of days, back in October, then the rush of new games hit so I had a bit of a game rotation going on. Now that it's dwindling, I'm going to start playing DC more often. Pretty sure I only need three more trophies; Driver Level 50, 1 Million Drift Points, and Accolades. They're not hard, they're just probably going to take a while.

This was also the first season pass I ever purchased.

desu

Pretty sure I only need three more trophies; Driver Level 50, 1 Million Drift Points, and Accolades. They're not hard, they're just probably going to take a while.

Accolade trophy is probably the only one that requires some grinding (unless you play the game A LOT). All the other trophies come easily when playing the main game/dlc.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Yep. I also wish the rewards adjusted. Beating score 4 is not as "good" as beating score 4820.

nikos

Accolade trophy is probably the only one that requires some grinding (unless you play the game A LOT). All the other trophies come easily when playing the main game/dlc.

Only one that sort of worries me is the drifting trophy. Might have to grind for that since I usually don't drift during races.

Top Bottom