• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

Are we getting this video/info or what? It's almost home time here in the UK.

Edit: Sorry Nibzy.

driveclub_20150114171axzy7.jpg

nib95

Banned
Hell of a time mate. 5 secs off after 1st attempt.

Reckon you'll get it. There's definitely a good margin of room for improvement. Side note, bloody hell the Venom Hot Lap 2 is hard. Just can't see anything lol. Feel like most of the corners I'm taking purely instinctively.

Lol. If he's that far ahead of you it's likely the vehicle you're using for the event is less efficient for the track, or you were held back too long behind the AI pack. It's insane how much overall time is lost scraping paint and bumping in to those other racers.

Anyway, I beat his time with a top 10 global time just now. Still feel I made a fair few mistakes in the last two laps, but nvm. Just uploading to YouTube now :D

Git :) Well done bud, I'll have another go at that tonight when I get on. And yeah the key with the race events is getting past the AI as quickly & cleanly as possible so you can concentrate on the racing lines.

Ah you used the Alpine, pretty sure I used the twin run...

If I recall correctly, Shannow once said to me here ''I will add you on PSN cause I suck too''
Then I see all his challenges, try some, and notice he is like 10-20 seconds better than I am.

I feel cheated.. ;-)

Lol oops :)

Putty

Reckon you'll get it. There's definitely a good margin of room for improvement. Side note, bloody hell the Venom Hot Lap 2 is hard. Just can't see anything lol. Feel like most of the corners I'm taking purely instinctively.

I losing 2 secs on that 1st lap, but after that....there's maybe a sec or so but thats pushing for me. I'll give you this round, and that twat above who knocked a furether second off.Are you on the wheel? I'm using DS4 even though theres a whell under my desk 8)

Putty

That 2nd long sweeping right hander, it sound's like you take it flat out, but upon further inspection, you seem to be dropping a gear during, is that right?

nib95

Banned
I losing 2 secs on that 1st lap, but after that....there's maybe a sec or so but thats pushing for me. I'll give you this round, and that twat above who knocked a furether second off.Are you on the wheel? I'm using DS4 even though theres a whell under my desk 8)

It had to be either Auctopus or Vaga to take it. Those two are nuts at this game. And nope, I'm using a DS4 and Automatic lol.

lordxar

Godamn it!! I should know better than to mention beating a time on here, it's literally a red rag to a bull! :)

Nice lap there bud, certainly looks a lot smoother than mine.

Lol I tried that one I think but sucked it up. Me and that track don't get along over hot hatch...

Denur

Nice lap there bud, certainly looks a lot smoother than mine.
Thanks, but that time is not gonna last. Bathoney already closed the gap to only 0.007. (That must have been a little "oh fuck" moment for him.)

Edit: and now he is 0.004s faster than me. O fuck indeed.

Send me the challenge dude (dude? i'm nearly 40 ffs).

Lol I'm 41 :) I can't get on my PS4 at the mo but you should be able to find it in the friends challenges section (bottom left).

Thanks, but that time is not gonna last. Bathoney already closed the gap to only 0.007. (That must have been a little "oh fuck" moment for him.)

Edit: and now he is 0.004s faster than me. O fuck indeed.

Hehe spoken like a true prophet again :) Yeah I don't know who he is but he's kicking my ass on a couple of hyper challenges I've got running too :-(

Edit: it's the last bend that's cost you too, that bit of a slide away from the apex.

Driveclub was on sale in EU PSN store so I decided to buy it. The last driving game I have had and have played for more than few minutes was the original Need for Speed. I think I'm going to need some practice.

Is there like a GAF club? If there is, does it accept utterly horrible drivers?

newjeruse

Driveclub was on sale in EU PSN store so I decided to buy it. The last driving game I have had and have played for more than few minutes was the original Need for Speed. I think I'm going to need some practice.

Is there like a GAF club? If there is, does it accept utterly horrible drivers?
Clubs have a 6 player maximum, so there's a bunch of ongoing clubs filled with GAF members.

Clubs have a 6 player maximum, so there's a bunch of ongoing clubs filled with GAF members.

Oh I see. Well, I suppose there will be more new guys headed to this thread and one or two new clubs will get together.

Edit:

I made a club, in case there are other new DC owners looking for one. No skill requirements! Send a message in PSN if interested: StaffyManasse

Hey ya'll. I've been recording gameplay without HUD and going to start using photo mode to highlight specific things about Driveclub for a video I'm planning as the "pilot" to a new series on our YouTube channel. I wanted to call it "Explodify" or something like that, but we'll see what happens.

Basically, I'm going to take all the various elements of Driveclub's audio-visual tech, the game design itself, and so on and explain these things in some slight depth (including laymens for each process). Hoping to get Rushy's blessing on this, and maybe to nab some proper tech info to make sure everything I go over is 100% accurate.

Would anyone like to get involved in this by doing some online races later? I'd like to record some of that to show how the social aspects of the game work, beyond just the challenges. Let me know through here or PSN. This will be a good opportunity to bring a light to the massive WIN this game has achieved, amid the server issues at launch.

danowat

Banned
I've asked numerous times, too no avail, so if you can get any info on the tyre model, and which one they use, I'd be very interested

I've asked numerous times, too no avail, so if you can get any info on the tyre model, and which one they use, I'd be very interested
Is this in reference to the way they handle traction and tire stretch? If so, I do plan on looking closely at everything they do with vehicle contact on tracks, although I don't know if they use an imported system or one based on their previous Motorstorm games (which seems more likely since this isn't a straight sim).

danowat

Banned
Is this in reference to the way they handle traction and tire stretch? If so, I do plan on looking closely at everything they do with vehicle contact on tracks, although I don't know if they use an imported system or one based on their previous Motorstorm games (which seems more likely since this isn't a straight sim).

Yes, whether they use an existing model, like pacejka, or a custom one, and how they model tyre slip, and it heating or wear implimented etc etc

Lol I'm 41 :) I can't get on my PS4 at the mo but you should be able to find it in the friends challenges section (bottom left).

Hehe spoken like a true prophet again :) Yeah I don't know who he is but he's kicking my ass on a couple of hyper challenges I've got running too :-(

Edit: it's the last bend that's cost you too, that bit of a slide away from the apex.
Happened to me just now. Managed to put in PBs on sectors 1 and 2, then normally the sector I've been gaining on was sector 3 but I cocked it up and lost 0.160-ish. Boooo!

desu

Track looks absolutely great, I really had hoped they would announce a date for the DLC as well.

Anyway, only said that this will be the only new environment until mid year. Wouldn't mind 1-2 if they all are as cool as this one.

Merun

Nakasendo looks like the perfect track for some downhill drifting! I hope replay feature is in the patch too.

Also that Alpine challenge... Can I blame my age for my lack of experience? ;) You are all older than me!

Bloody Denur has to beat us at everything! ;-)

It's always the way, bloody self imposed pressure when you know you're ahead.
Nevermind, I just topped Vaga in the 458 Speciale challenge instead. I burnt my Yorkshire puddings in the process but it was worth it :p

Nakasendo looks like the perfect track for some downhill drifting! I hope replay feature is in the patch too.

Also that Alpine challenge... Can I blame my age for my lack of experience? ;) You are all older than me!
I'm 27, so maybe not :p

Cudder

I don't follow this thread too much but just noticed Driveclub posted this in the comments of the new track video:

we are also making a couple of changes in the next update that will help.

1) AI cars will no longer draft like driving Gods, so you'll see less chain-drafting and they won't exploit any little mistake you make quite as aggressively as they do right now.
2) Hitting the walls and armco will no longer have such a major impact on your speed, giving you a little more chance to recover if you're pushed around or you make a mistake.

Not sure if that's common knowledge here but sounds great.

I don't follow this thread too much but just noticed Driveclub posted this in the comments of the new track video:

we are also making a couple of changes in the next update that will help.

1) AI cars will no longer draft like driving Gods, so you'll see less chain-drafting and they won't exploit any little mistake you make quite as aggressively as they do right now.
2) Hitting the walls and armco will no longer have such a major impact on your speed, giving you a little more chance to recover if you're pushed around or you make a mistake.

Not sure if that's common knowledge here but sounds great.
So we can still draft to the same degree? I can't say I find it abhorrent as it stands now. Do we currently receive less impact from drafting than AI?

Merun

So we can still draft to the same degree? I can't say I find it abhorrent as it stands now. Do we currently receive less impact from drafting than AI?

I heard it's the AI bunny hopping each other by drafting or being able to get a drafting line easily compared to players, especially when exiting a corner.

Top Bottom