• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

"Where are the American cars?!"

[...time passes...]

"What? Another American car?!"

Anyway, it is the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition.
Ppl sometimes don't know what they really want besides I believe that corvette will be the free car of the month because they've showed the new tracks with the free cars like last month with the Mazzanti Evantra.

xrnzaaas

"Where are the American cars?!"

[...time passes...]

"What? Another American car?!"

Anyway, it is the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition.

There's already one Corvette in the game and meanwhile there's no Camaro's, Viper's or Charger's. Also I think that there are more interesting versions of previous generations Corvette's than this one.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I just lend this game from a co-worker. Is there a club I can temporarily join? (I don't know if I will buy it yet.)

PSN name is my username: benny_a

BADNED

ZR1 is identical to Z06 other than performance I guess? Because the entire thing looks identical!

They're both in my list so we may get both anyway :p
There are differences look-wise too.

Well it is possible the ZR1 in the game is equipped with the CE package.
Tomorrows full vid might answer that! ;)

There are differences look-wise too.

Well it is possible the ZR1 in the game is equipped with the CE package. ;)
I have a list of cars from a resource file - I went down the list until I came across the car that looked like the video (as like I say American cars I've no idea about!), they're both listed and both with the CE package.

From Google Image Search it does look like the ZR1 has a rear ZR1 badge lower left, which the car in the video has. Results for Z06 don't.

viveks86

I have a list of cars from a resource file - I went down the list until I came across the car that looked like the video (as like I say American cars I've no idea about!), they're both listed and both with the CE package.

I think only one of them will show up (ZR1). Some items in that list are placeholders. There are some that are not on the list.

I think only one of them will show up (ZR1). Some items in that list are placeholders. There are some that are not on the list.
It would make sense given they look identical. Unless one is slow, one is fast and slow is freebie and paid is fast lol.

And are you trying to tell me that the Acme Rocket Physics is not coming as DLC? Fuck sake.

Has the game always listed some driver stats next to each track and car when picking them (things like miles driven, events completed, fame won, etc.)?

Its something I've long wanted in the game and just noticed them the other night. Were they always there but disabled before? Recently added? Have I been hallucinating all of this time?

Regardless, I appreciate them, and if anything, want more. Like listing the very basic specs on each car (drivetrain, top speed, 0-60 kindof stuff.)

Has the game always listed some driver stats next to each track and car when picking them (things like miles driven, events completed, fame won, etc.)?

Its something I've long wanted in the game and just noticed them the other night. Were they always there but disabled before? Recently added? Have I been hallucinating all of this time?

Regardless, I appreciate them, and if anything, want more. Like listing the very basic specs on each car (drivetrain, top speed, 0-60 kindof stuff.)
They were added alongside I think it was the weather, but they only worked for a short period of time then they went kaboom, and I guess now they've sorted it out so they load promptly.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Well, chances are if you send me a challenge I won't be able to beat it anyway ;)

And I have a hunch that was one of the trophies that's really touchy to get activated? Pretty sure Rushy said it'll get fixed, so it may just be a matter of waiting.

It would help if people actually tried my sent challenges for starters. I sent two to over 30 people each yesterday, one for 24hrs and one for 48 and still no bites. :-/

Shaneus

It would help if people actually tried my sent challenges for starters. I sent two to over 30 people each yesterday, one for 24hrs and one for 48 and still no bites. :-/
Did you send any to me? I didn't have a chance to jump on PSN last night :(

Probably depends on what sort of challenges they are, too. If they're P2P races, the committal to do more than one 3+min run might be too much (like me). Maybe pick a short TT in an awesome/popular car (like the F1 maybe?).

Skii

Is that a new Corvette in that video? Annoying if so. We've already got one!

They should be offering us a variety of vehicles amongst the DLC/free cars, not the same vehicles with slight variances. This has happened with the BMW M4, Ferrari 458 and now the Corvette.

Auctopus

They should be offering us a variety of vehicles amongst the DLC/free cars, not the same vehicles with slight variances. This has happened with the BMW M4, Ferrari 458 and now the Corvette.

Also happened with the Renault and the Mercedes SLS. I feel it's sign of things to come. Creating a new car from scratch is probably quite time consuming.

I usually have mine up for a week to give people a chance of playing it. There's more risk that someone will beat it of course but competition is good and even if you don't manage to beat them you can guarantee that you'll be a better driver on that track once the challenge has finished.

I reclaimed my second spot from Denur on my challenge with the McLaren 12C after about 30 laps of trying - can't afford the slightest error at this point and i'd go green in the first 2 sectors then mess up the last bend time and time again.

http://youtu.be/8Xy01yz1tUA

I think the 2 tenths Vaga is beating me by are in the last bend but I'm done for now!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Did you send any to me? I didn't have a chance to jump on PSN last night :(

Probably depends on what sort of challenges they are, too. If they're P2P races, the committal to do more than one 3+min run might be too much (like me). Maybe pick a short TT in an awesome/popular car (like the F1 maybe?).

Yeah, there is one there that runs out tomorrow morning about 730-8am your time I think and sent another this morning. I only send Drift Challenges. ;-)

I usually have mine up for a week to give people a chance of playing it. There's more risk that someone will beat it of course but competition is good and even if you don't manage to beat them you can guarantee that you'll be a better driver on that track once the challenge has finished.

The only problem I have with setting them up for more than a few days is trying to remember logging in when it ends (To get the Gold Trophy). I am positive I would have it unlocked by now, or maybe one race away from doing so.

Anyway, caved and bought the Season Pass today. I've never bought a Season Pass before except after Ep 1 of The Walking Dead which doesn't count in my book as it is episodic content. I was going to wait until my 10% PSN discount code arrived but I love DC and Evolution deserve my moola.

Yeah, there is one there that runs out tomorrow morning about 730-8am your time I think and sent another this morning. I only send Drift Challenges. ;-)

I get so many drift challenges it's untrue, there's no way I could do them all even if I had the inclination. I think it has to be something quite different to stand out

The only problem I have with setting them up for more than a few days is trying to remember logging in when it ends (To get the Gold Trophy). I am positive I would have it unlocked by now, or maybe one race away from doing so.

Anyway, caved and bought the Season Pass today. I've never bought a Season Pass before except after Ep 1 of The Walking Dead which doesn't count in my book as it is episodic content. I was going to wait until my 10% PSN discount code arrived but I love DC and Evolution deserve my moola.

Yep it's my first season pass too, and I've seen that sentiment repeated a lot in this thread - Evo are definitely doing the DLC right.

Tunned

Hi guys, this is not the first post on these forums that I would like to be making, especially about a huge problem I'm having with Driveclub, a game I dearly love, and bought a PS4 for on day one.

My problem is that I was just playing the DLC events, I finished an event and exited to the main menu. When I went back to carry on playing the DLC events appeared as "COMING SOON"... I cannot access any of my DLC! All my DLC cars are gone, and for one breif period where I could actually access the DLC events, the game told me that I have to purchase them!

I have the season pass, everything worked before. Is the DLC always online and has to always be connected to the Driveclub servers? Is my HDD dying already?

I love this game but what the hell!? Please help me Gaf :(

nib95

Banned

I reclaimed my second spot from Denur on my challenge with the McLaren 12C after about 30 laps of trying - can't afford the slightest error at this point and i'd go green in the first 2 sectors then mess up the last bend time and time again.

I think the 2 tenths Vaga is beating me by are in the last bend but I'm done for now!

Is that time trial a challenge, part of the tour, or just a random time trial you guys are doing?

I just landed a 41.061. Unfortunately PSN is dead right now. I did save the Share footage though.

Hi guys, this is not the first post on these forums that I would like to be making, especially about a huge problem I'm having with Driveclub, a game I dearly love, and bought a PS4 for on day one.

My problem is that I was just playing the DLC events, I finished an event and exited to the main menu. When I went back to carry on playing the DLC events appeared as "COMING SOON"... I cannot access any of my DLC! All my DLC cars are gone, and for one breif period where I could actually access the DLC events, the game told me that I have to purchase them!

I have the season pass, everything worked before. Is the DLC always online and has to always be connected to the Driveclub servers? Is my HDD dying already?

I love this game but what the hell!? Please help me Gaf :(
PSN is playing up, are you connected to PSN right now? It might be a licences thing, my DLC is fine but I'm not connected. Activated as Primary and all that voodoo that isn't very user friendly.

Is that time trial a challenge, part of the tour, or just a random time trial you guys are doing?

It's a challenge I sent out to everyone on my friends list with the game - I pick 3 or 4 similar cars in a class and set times with them on the same track to see how they compare. Vaga is winning all 3 at the mo (and has won most of the others too I think - I beat him with the atom and the twin run). Did you win the Caterham one Mango?

Lol, yeah, I've had a couple but I use the in car view so doesn't look as epic. One day I'll go through my saved files and try to trim the fat for uploading.

Yeah I've had a few too but with bumper cam all you see is earth, sky, earth, sky etc. Still that was some impressive height you got there :)

I know what you mean about trimming the fat, I did make a point of going through and renaming a lot of my DC vids but lost patience and deleted a load when I needed some more space. It's started building up again now tho..

IKizzLE

2013 Chevy Corvette ZR1
620 HP
Will be in the super car class, which is an entirely different class than the Stingray. The other two you mentioned were all in the same class.

Tunned

PSN is playing up, are you connected to PSN right now? It might be a licences thing, my DLC is fine but I'm not connected. Activated as Primary and all that voodoo that isn't very user friendly.

My PSN is in fact acting up now that you mention it. I cannot connect to it on the PS4, or the PS3.

At first I thought my internet repeater was the problem, but if you say that your PSN is also playing up, that might be the source of the problem.

Edit: Found where to activate as primary, and also found the option of "restore license". Everything is back to normal! Thanks mangochutney!

v1lla21

We should have a drift off once the Japan comes out. We should create around 5 challenges and see who gets a better position out of all of them. 1st place will be DK. Lol.

Top Bottom