• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Denur

Nakasendo, 9 AM, sunny. The most beautiful track I've ever driven in a racing game. And it's fun to drive on too.

goodgifhunting.gif

nib95

Banned
Glad I'm not the only one to notice then. :D

arynpq.gif

Dayum! Loved your video so much I shared it on my Twitter. Immense.

Some gameplay shots from Goshodaira. Managed to set a few worlds best times on this track, though I'm probably already off the top spot before even posting this lol.

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150119152514.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150119153356.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150119164413.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150119164405.jpg~original

viveks86

So... ummm.. nobody knows where to find the new game mode. I wonder if it will just show up on the event browser when they are ready. Will post if I hear back from anyone

Glad I'm not the only one to notice then. :D

arynpq.gif

Yeah, that's the exact same section of the race that made me notice the increased back-spray. Man, that is so intense. It looks like the guy driving has to use the tail-lights of the car in front as a way to see where to go, because you can't see fuck all else, lol.

This is why Event Browser/lack of playlists sucks.

Anyone else's download taking astronomically long? It was flying earlier but it thinks the last GB will take FOUR hours. Connection is wired and fine.

It's prolly a good idea to give peeps a night to get used to the new tracks before unleashing the multiplayer carnage! The new MP mode might help that tho ;-)

4 hours! That's not good, just got home now to start downloading :-(

Odrion

Banned
Alright, I'll admit. The game's gorgeousness is a good incentive to play it, and I think Evolution's method of handling events (like they did in Motorstorm RC) is really under appreciated.

The game is just so brutal though, so brutal. Stuff like four minute time trials with car handling that reeeeeaaally requires precise response and input at times, and without rewinds to forgive that millisecond of fucking up it just gets so intense at the end. So easy can you take a single corner wrong and throw a good run down the toilet. That's not necessarily a bad thing, racing games should be hard sometimes and I respect racing games that doesn't hand you a 1st place every race.

But I think the exaggerated breaking throws things off. The car's traction to the road and it's response to speed feels like it's not fitting to how quick you can drop the speed. I know it's not suppose to be a pure car simulation, but if it was it'd be better. Their method of "simcade" right now just feels wonky, like they bolted on two different handling ideologies together and it's hard to get use to.

Also that Elements expansion can go straight to hell. I don't think I've raced in something so fucking hard before. Jesus Chriiiiiiist.

nib95

Banned
Also that Elements expansion can go straight to hell. I don't think I've raced in something so fucking hard before. Jesus Chriiiiiiist.

My advice would be to steer clear of the Elements tour till you've practised some of the tracks that feature in it in other time trials, challenges or tour races. I find with very wet or stormy conditions, where visibility is extremely poor, your pre-knowledge of the track and instincts as a result, make a big difference. Or just take it slow a few times with several restarts before attempting it properly.

viveks86

Are the Japan tracks on a playlist yet? I saw the playlists got a little revamp, they look great.

Tomorrow. They always wait one day so that most people have downloaded the update and they have enough traffic to prevent empty lobbies.

Edit: correction. MP time trials coming tomorrow. Japan tracks coming Wednesday

viveks86

Yeah I'm not sure I haven't had a chance to try the update yet, I just saw it mentioned in this post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148130411&postcount=8820

I can't see this setting.

Unless it was listed in the patch notes as like included in the crowd to off setting. Crowd off = no track infrastructure which is meaning no crowds and no empty grandstands.

Yeah you set crowd size to none and all trackside stuff is removed. No flags either. Feels like when my GPS stopped working all of a sudden o_O

Just had a quick look and noticed all the multiplayer events in the browser now say race on them, so pretty sure they'll say time trial on some of them tomorrow :)

viveks86

Just had a quick look and noticed all the multiplayer events in the browser now say race on them, so pretty sure they'll say time trial on some of them tomorrow :)

Yes.

Also, in case anyone missed my update above, Japan MP playlist is going live on Wednesday. Not tomorrow

Anyone here got an open slot in their club? Feel like I'm missing out playing Solo (and none of my friends have any interest in the game)

There are spaces left in the club I'm in, search for Kuso Club. Drac set it up and it's just myself and them at the minute, some new members would be good.

As much as I'm enjoying the games continued success, I'm noticing a serious rise in dirty driving in multiplayer.

It's hit and miss for me.

Raced a few really clean races the other day but there's still some bad ones.

All the more reason we need private lobbies so we can have official GAF races

As much as I'm enjoying the games continued success, I'm noticing a serious rise in dirty driving in multiplayer.

So have I.

It's funny because the one thing that pushed me over the edge to get this game was getting constantly rammed off the road in Gta online races, I thought now is the time to invest in a more serious racer. Should have known, the general public are assholes. Was even in a team race last night and my team matea were ramming me off the road as I was trying to pass! Like I said, assholes.

airjoca

Took me 20m to download the patch.

Noticed something: when sending a challenge to friends I can no longer select all with a single button. Was this change intentional? Maybe to soften the load on the servers somewhat?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Loving Japan tracks!

Rushy any chance to implement a betting system for club challenges?

I would like to be able to bet say 50k points against other clubs in a challenge I send out, would add to the competitive side of the game imo!

I'd say there would be no chance, wouldn't the game have to be resubmitted to the ratings commission because it would have gambling? I certainly don't think it would be as straight forward as just adding betting.

djjinx2

Sent a challenge to around 100 of you guys, it shouldn't be hard to beat.

It's the Aston One 77 on a P2p in heavy rain, Japan.

It's a nice challenging combo ;)

viveks86

I'd say there would be no chance, wouldn't the game have to be resubmitted to the ratings commission because it would have gambling? I certainly don't think it would be as straight forward as just adding betting.

Huh? That applies only if money is involved, right?

Vaga

@Rushy can we have the black bars at the bottom of the screen fade away after 2-3 seconds? I'd love to record footage of those beautful fly-bys without them :) they can reappear if we press any button.

Also you guys nailed the slipstreaming, no more magic boost.

Top Bottom