• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Visibility is for the weak.
Visibility has stopped me dead in the Bikes tour. There's a relatively early event in India in pouring rain, and I honestly can't see fuck all. With cars I could somehow manage low visibility events because I know the tracks well by now, but first person on bikes with so much side to side movement and that big honking windshield distorting the already distorted road, I simply couldn't do it, and it hurts my eyes to even try.

Hardcore mode coming
Woah.

It feels great, especially on a wheel. Every car now has a new lease of life ;)

The hardest bit to adapt to is learning the new braking points for all the tracks, as you have to hit them much earlier and brake straighter too (although trail braking does help).

Interesting, thanks for replying.

Would you say it's a sim? or sim-like with the assists off?

The hardest bit to adapt to is learning the new braking points for all the tracks, as you have to hit them much earlier and brake straighter too (although trail braking does help).

Brilliant! Are all the game types going to have a hardcore mode with separate leaderboards?

xrnzaaas

Hardcore mode coming

Hardcore, a new gameplay option for #DRIVECLUB in February. Traction control, stability control & other assists off!

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/690571940893986816?s=09

Perfect time for Venom Hot Lap 3 ]:> And can we count on platinum stars? ;)

Visibility has stopped me dead in the Bikes tour. There's a relatively early event in India in pouring rain, and I honestly can't see fuck all

Yeah it's MUCH easier with the outside camera. I completed maybe 10 events in the tour with the helmet camera and I was struggling with getting three stars. Then I switched to the outside camera and, boom, platinum'd the entire tour without any big problems. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the helmet cam, but it's not effective when you're going for all 3 stars, a high place in the leaderboards or a win in an MP race.

Rushy

Would you say it's a sim? or sim-like with the assists off?
Its certainly on the realistic end of the spectrum with Hardcore enabled, but I definitely wouldn't call it as a sim.

Brilliant! Are all the game types going to have a hardcore mode with separate leaderboards?
You can use the Hardcore Handling options across all modes - I expected some great racing in private lobbies. As it stands there are no leaderboards for hardcore.

Tommi84

Hardcore mode? Brilliant!

Bummer there will be no separate leader-boards. We'll see how it behaves. Just wish i could use Logitech DFGT wheel though

Its certainly on the realistic end of the spectrum with Hardcore enabled, but I definitely wouldn't call it as a sim.

You can use the Hardcore Handling options across all modes - I expected some great racing in private lobbies. As it stands there are no leaderboards for hardcore.

Cheers for the reply :) Hope that you can specify hardcore mode in challenge rules as that'd be great for our weekly challenges.

PDogg

Neo Member

Sounds brilliant Rushy, thanks for your continued hard work, I'm sure this will extend the games lifespan and appeal to a wider audience so it seems a very smart move.

Also going to do something about drifting cheaters, which is nice since they've been pretty silent on drifting since the new model went in.

https://twitter.com/ShareGamePlay/status/690575610478006273

Hehe, that was my video. Rushy did respond to me about the drift cheating a few days back but I forgot to say, it's good news indeed.

Great score in the challenge by the way mate, got my work cut out!

T_Exige

Great update!! Can't wait to drive the FXX Evoluzion with no assists.
But also the horror of driving it at night with rain ^^

Greenymac

Lol what assists would those be? AT?

wheel assist, braking assist, there may be more, but I havent visited that area of the options since first getting the game and turning them all to off. Im sure you guys have been playing longer than I have, so you may be right. I just know i turned off all the assists that were available to be changed.

wheel assist, braking assist, there may be more, but I havent visited that area of the options since first getting the game and turning them all to off. Im sure you guys have been playing longer than I have, so you may be right. I just know i turned off all the assists that were available to be changed.

Actually you are right and I'm wrong, braking assist is something that was added recently and I don't have a wheel, my bad! :)

Jamesways

Yeah it's MUCH easier with the outside camera. I completed maybe 10 events in the tour with the helmet camera and I was struggling with getting three stars. Then I switched to the outside camera and, boom, platinum'd the entire tour without any big problems. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the helmet cam, but it's not effective when you're going for all 3 stars, a high place in the leaderboards or a win in an MP race.
I completely agree. I have to still switch in the Tour if I want to be competitive. I'm determined to be as fast in the helmet view, but I'm not even close yet. Love the helmet view in this and MotoGP though, the immersion is fantastic.

Can't wait to try this out! It's going to be fun comparing the feel of the road cars between pCARS too.

Thanks Rushy!

One other question, will the AI also be affected in that mode? Or will you be racing against AI with their full assists on?

I really hope they Patch the Bike trophies. Recently go Platinum in Driveclub and the only thing keeping me away from the Bike Platinum are the two bugged Trophies :(

I completely agree. I have to still switch in the Tour if I want to be competitive. I'm determined to be as fast in the helmet view, but I'm not even close yet. Love the helmet view in this and MotoGP though, the immersion is fantastic.

I dunno how you do it. I ride motorcycles and have done several track days and am fairly quick, but I cannot use the helmet cam in this or any other motorcycle game. Its too bizarre.

-Amon-

Visibility has stopped me dead in the Bikes tour. There's a relatively early event in India in pouring rain, and I honestly can't see fuck all. With cars I could somehow manage low visibility events because I know the tracks well by now, but first person on bikes with so much side to side movement and that big honking windshield distorting the already distorted road, I simply couldn't do it, and it hurts my eyes to even try.

I'm in your same boat. 1080 stars in cars, but can't enjoy the bikes on anything that's not time attack in sunny weather.

I'm in your same boat. 1080 stars in cars, but can't enjoy the bikes on anything that's not time attack in sunny weather.
I can deal with anything but heavy rain, otherwise first person view feels impossible. And this is on a 60" HDTV from about 6 feet away.

Also have no interest in the third person views so I'll just end up skipping those events. I guess I just wish all events and stars were better balanced for first person.

farmerboy

You know, I've tried the wheel on DC and always felt like it wasn't worth the bother.

Now it most definitely is.

Oooooooooo....... I'm just thinking about the first corner pile ups now.

This'll be like a new game again.

Makikou

Honestly if anything, i want to be able to disable the god damn TC/ESP or whatever stabilizes the Murcielago SV to massive understeer but still keep ABS on. You could dominate with that thing..

Greenymac

You know, I've tried the wheel on DC and always felt like it wasn't worth the bother.

Now it most definitely is.

Oooooooooo....... I'm just thinking about the first corner pile ups now.

This'll be like a new game again.

Im the opposite. I bought the wheel for future ps4 racing and Driveclub to cut my teeth on and get used to using my wheel. I know DC isnt a full on sim or even close, but ive still enjoyed it very much with a wheel and moreso than I ever did with a pad.

General multiplayer no, but in private lobbies it'd be real nice to have the option to enable/disable tc/abs/sc as individual toggles as well as the *all off* hardcore mode. :)

Oneself

Great OP/OT. This game is so amazing, probably the only game I would consider "my GOTY" two years in a row. I can't wait to throw some more money on a new season pass.

Picked up the Bikes pack a couple days ago, finished it this afternoon. Surprised how much I enjoyed it!

Umm'ed and ahh'ed over grabbing it for a while but glad I did, really enjoyed playing them. They're a great addition to DC.

1269/1269 Gold stars. Level 85. 25 elite levels. Feels good. Looking forward to the new content this year.

Had to laugh - like the 3rd or 4th race into the Bikes pack, this happened:

fuQaOG4.jpg

cB9liJT.jpg

UdmVwzQ.jpg

QdBuVyH.jpg

Sjeu93y.jpg

Had it for the whole race, couldn't shake it haha

EDIT: Is Bikes MP a bit dead? Was trying for the Trophy relating to 6 player podium finish and couldn't find a lobby half the time - and when I did it was usually one or two other players tops.

Vanguard

EDIT: Is Bikes MP a bit dead? Was trying for the Trophy relating to 6 player podium finish and couldn't find a lobby half the time - and when I did it was usually one or two other players tops.

I found it to be very time dependant. So from a UK time perspective, anything pre- ~6pm I could only ever find about 3 other people, after that it was almost always a full lobby.

I found it to be very time dependant. So from a UK time perspective, anything pre- ~6pm I could only ever find about 3 other people, after that it was almost always a full lobby.

Yep this is what I've found too - you also see a lot of peeps don't hang around for the next track after the race, as the gaps between races are longer it's often quicker to jump out and back into the first event on the list.

Karu

Whoever explained how to brake in a sharp corner (Using the full range of R2) - Thanks, a lot. I find it kinda funny how you can play a game for hours upon hours, miss something so important, welp.

Down to three missing trophys for the original Platinum (Win 5 Challenges, get "everything" on Level 6, Drive 1600km within your Club) and 8 Gold Stars in the original Tour.

I'm getting there...

What's annoys me more than anything, though: I got all the stars in Amateur, Rookie, Pro, Legend, but for the life of me, I can't get the last star on Semi-Pro - winning the championship as 1. Feels so dumb, heh.

xrnzaaas

What's annoys me more than anything, though: I got all the stars in Amateur, Rookie, Pro, Legend, but for the life of me, I can't get the last star on Semi-Pro - winning the championship as 1. Feels so dumb, heh.

Restart races 1 & 2 if you didn't win them. Restart race 3 BEFORE it ends if you're not in 1st place. Also I don't remember the car requirements for that event, but often having better cars from the Season Pass helps a lot.

kie25

So happy with this hardcore option I've been asking for this for ages everytime I visit evo I mentioned it :) I kinda knew they were looking at it few months bk as concept but just experimenting, I obviously couldn't say anything then :) hopefully I'll be trying it out on Monday night I'm really looking forward to it. I recon the cars are going to be instantly more fun, I'll give you guys my feedback next week :)

Denur

So happy with this hardcore option I've been asking for this for ages everytime I visit evo I mentioned it :) I kinda knew they were looking at it few months bk as concept but just experimenting, I obviously couldn't say anything then :) hopefully I'll be trying it out on Monday night I'm really looking forward to it. I recon the cars are going to be instantly more fun, I'll give you guys my feedback next week :)
Looking forward to your feedback. Especially if it s still possible to outbreak the AI and none hardcore drivers. Also if and how drifting has changed with a wheel.

kie25

Looking forward to your feedback. Especially if it s still possible to outbreak the AI and none hardcore drivers. Also if and how drifting has changed with a wheel.

Rushy has already said the braking has to be much earlier and it will be slower, drifting will probably be even harder on the wheel, be interesting to see, the hardest part with Driveclub has always been catching oversteer with a wheel, so I'm interested to see how it plays :)

Whoever explained how to brake in a sharp corner (Using the full range of R2) - Thanks, a lot. I find it kinda funny how you can play a game for hours upon hours, miss something so important, welp.

That might have been me. Don't worry, i was the same. I have played the game for weeks before that bit clicked with me. I'm glad it helped. :)

Explain please!

In addition to the excellent video DHC posted, here's also a great beat by beat breakdown of the Venom Hot Lap in text form, also by a GAFer:

https://boingbb.wordpress.com/2014/11/29/driveclub-how-to-beat-the-venom-hot-lap-tour-event/

When you can do this, Venom Hot Lap 2 will feel much easier as well. Apart from nailing the corners, the most important thing is to learn proper throttle control. If your backside is swerving and the tires are squealing when you're exiting a corner, you're adding too much gas. Use the full range of the R2 button.

It certainly makes sense to let go off the gas if you're losing traction, since keeping it pressed will only make matters worse. I was absolutely awful with super and hyper cars when i got the game and flew off the track at every bend of the road, i even came here asking for help, but with time i grew into it. As i said, managing throttle is very important. Depending on the corner, either just step off the gas for a moment and sail through it, or brake hard before it, if it's a hard bend, then feather (a few short taps) the gas as you're making your way through it and don't step fully on the gas until you've straightened the car out. Even then, if your wheels are squealing, you're overdoing it, so add a little less power. It's a combination of understanding the car's behavior and practicing your responses to these situations. I'm an average player, but still managed to get good enough to beat all the tour and elite challenges with a bit of patience.

In short, don't just squeeze R2 to the fullest or let go of it completely, use the whole range as appropriate, especially coming out of corners.

Aticos

Had to laugh - like the 3rd or 4th race into the Bikes pack, this happened:
Had it for the whole race, couldn't shake it haha
That also happened to me, in same location

Hi Rushy,

Any chance you can ask your Graphics team about this blotchy filter that seems to be underneath or on top of everything the game is doing. Perhaps it's possible to have an option to turn it off, or an explanation of what it is exactly ?

These are screenshots captured by DC photo mode and exported by PS4 share button. The blotches are also there during gameplay not just in photo mode. I have only just got the game but I'm surprised that this isn't a known issue or been mentioned by someone before as it impacts on the visuals in gameplay and your ability to take photos also.

The blotches appear to be static and don't switch or move, they just stay in the same position as you can see in the shots below.

I would really appreciate any answers or info you can find out. Thanks for your time.

rG0tbdU.jpg

Xo7qIdq.jpg

o6NSmrO.jpg

u9yeNY8.jpg

Top Bottom