• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

Can't wait to see what PD does with the texture work on the PS4.

If anyone can pull off DriveClub level visuals and technical triumphs it would be PD. They will be aiming for 60fps though so ... we'll see. It will look fantastic though no doubt.

I hope they work much, much ... much much much harder on AI though. Haven't had a decent vs. AI race in GT since the series started. DriveClub AI is competitive and ferocious a lot of times, with them hitting each other and jockeying for position even against one another throughout the race. Fun to watch. They make mistakes and spin out and crash too.

If anyone can pull off DriveClub level visuals and technical triumphs it would be PD. They will be aiming for 60fps though so ... we'll see. It will look fantastic though no doubt.

You have to consider budget, workforce and time of development; PD will benefit from enormous budget, bigger workforce and much, much longer dev time.

And PD has much more talent.

So, even at 1080p60 it will trump DC in every way.

It's even hard to believe xD

tusken77

I was always going to buy DriveClub, I've just been waiting for the online to get sorted and the weather to arrive. So, I bought it yesterday, put the disc in and played for... five hours straight. Goddamn, no amount of gifs can prepare you for how amazing this game looks. At times it genuinely looks real. Incredible visuals, fantastic handling, wonderful sound (that's being improved further), extremely addictive gameplay, phenomenal game.

I'm in love.

16063375745_22a0968885_o.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I played Chile in the rain and my roommate is sitting next to me going WHAT THE FUCKKK over and over again. These are the best realtime graphics I have ever seen.

pixelbox

I hope they work much, much ... much much much harder on AI though. Haven't had a decent vs. AI race in GT since the series started. DriveClub AI is competitive and ferocious a lot of times, with them hitting each other and jockeying for position even against one another throughout the race. Fun to watch. They make mistakes and spin out and crash too.
PD fakes alot of their backgrounds while EVO renders them.

Merun

I can't believe they locked the Golf GTI behind joining a club :( I'm not good enough to be in a club.

Just come to the OT in the Community side. Some are starting and created a new club. It's not like you need to be good to join any. I personally don't care about someone's level in my club as long as they keep playing and provide fame.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You have to consider budget, workforce and time of development; PD will benefit from enormous budget, bigger workforce and much, much longer dev time.

And PD has much more talent.

So, even at 1080p60 it will trump DC in every way.

It's even hard to believe xD

Cause you asking for trouble with those claims.

I can't believe they locked the Golf GTI behind joining a club :( I'm not good enough to be in a club.
You don't have to be an amazing racer to be in a Club. They aren't just for racing games online, if that's your line of thinking. I think I've done about 3 races online. But everything you do can contribute to a club you're a member of. As long as you play, you will be helping them out. That doesn't sound like much, but I know firsthand what its like being in a club with people who never even log on. Like Merun said, come to the Official Thread. You'll be in a club in no time.

I don't know. As much as I liked GT 5 and 6, they weren't exactly blowing the doors off other racers visually. I'm sure they're going to put out something really nice for the PS4, but its likely 2 to 3 years away, I don't know why we're arguing over such an unknown quantity now.

Loudninja

Patch notes:
There's a new Game Update for DRIVECLUB. It's a small one (0.15GB), mainly supporting the recent server upgrades and enhancing the in-game audio for the dynamic weather systems.

This update also fixes corrupt challenges and removes the never-ending spinning load icons, along with other minor bug fixes and performance improvements across the game.

It's available worldwide now. More server upgrades and game updates are in the works, so please keep sharing your thoughts and feedback with us to help shape the future of the game. Thanks everyone.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/744802978937398

Can we not do this here please?

Do what, exactly?

It's not like we're comparing different titles; I was just saying that it is perfectly reasonable to expect a bigger studio with great experience and knowledge on the hardware to best the great things Evo has done.

But ok, let's keep saying over and over again "omg those graphics". I'll go play some more. ;)

airjoca

Damn it, I'll be away from the game for a week, I wanna hear the new sounds... :(

Someone needs to upload a video highlighting the new sounds :) Pretty please

Putty

I'm the biggest PD nut, but i'd be surprised if they trump DC in the visual dept at 60fps, and a locked 60fps at that. DC is just eye meltingly good looking. Pure next gen visuals. Hope PD do but id put it at....25% they do.

I played Chile in the rain and my roommate is sitting next to me going WHAT THE FUCKKK over and over again. These are the best realtime graphics I have ever seen.

He probably was saying what the fuck at the corridors making him feel claustrophobic.
Yes the GFX in DC are unreal at times!

Vaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZFK6rGRUY

I wouldn't mind if they amplify 2 or even 3 times the volume of rain drop, thunder and wipers. And thunder boom should be relative to the distance between the car and where the lightning strikes. I had a lightning strike 50m ahead of the car and barely heard a rumble instead of a deafening roar.

Top Bottom