• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Lain

I overclocked my 970 to hell and the game still can't maintain 60FPS during gameplay with these settings:

renderResolution 3840x2160@60
MSAASampleCount 4
enableCoverageSampling true
shadowScale 4
presentInterval 0

l6fb.png
Just chilling behind that big box the FPS goes between 48 and 57. During battles it goes between 30 and 60. It is something that annoys me the more I think about it. Maybe I should simply say fuck it and try to cap it at 30, but still...
At least cutscenes are 60FPS locked.

Parfait

Since I updated to the new build, the downsampling isn't working.

Ok, So AMD 7950 here.

4k doesn't work but 1440p does but I still have that blur issues where the top left corner of the screen is clear and the rest is blury, and my menues on screen are all cut off. Durante will get it all working soon enough.

Edit: Scratch all of that. Some how my ini game list was up to date but my GeDoSaTo version wasn't correct. LOL It's all up and running now.

Thanks to you i fixed an issue i was having as well, is your mouse curosor trying to get stuck in the lower right of the screen like mine is?

Evo X

Slightly off topic, but I'm using Gedosato for Dark Souls 2 right now and trying to do 5K to 1440p downsampling. Works great at a smooth 60fps most of the time due to the SLI 980s, but it goes to single digit fps when I encounter a fog gate.

Any reason why that would be? Doesn't happen at all at native res, but will happen even if I'm down sampling a tiny bit. Did I mess up some kind of setting?

xBladeM6x

Got the game working pretty much flawlessly at 30 FPS, however I still get some juddering when turning the camera to really complex walls and things.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Slightly off topic, but I'm using Gedosato for Dark Souls 2 right now and trying to do 5K to 1440p downsampling. Works great at a smooth 60fps most of the time due to the SLI 980s, but it goes to single digit fps when I encounter a fog gate.

Any reason why that would be? Doesn't happen at all at native res, but will happen even if I'm down sampling a tiny bit. Did I mess up some kind of setting?

Fog gates were wicked deamnding in DS1, i think AO might be the biggest impact.

Grief.exe

Another possibility is the game is attempting to apply aliasing to all the fog effects. Brought RE4 UHD to a hault whenever there was dust on screen due to this issue.

Compounded due to the shear amount of pixels you are attempting to render and apply AA to.

The fog gates for whatever reason cause a huge albeit brief spike in power required from your hardware. Resting at a bonfire does something similar. I used to downsample from 5k in DS2 as well, but every time I entered a fog wall my UPS alarm went off letting me know my machine was pulling >1000w. It was spiking all 3 of my 680's usage to 100%. I find it odd that you're getting frame drops though. At 4k I don't get any frame drops entering a fog wall, and your GPU setup is more powerful than mine.

Evo X

The fog gates for whatever reason cause a huge albeit brief spike in power required from your hardware. Resting at a bonfire does something similar. I used to downsample from 5k in DS2 as well, but every time I entered a fog wall my UPS alarm went off letting me know my machine was pulling >1000w. It was spiking all 3 of my 680's usage to 100%. I find it odd that you're getting frame drops though. At 4k I don't get any frame drops entering a fog wall, and your GPU setup is more powerful than mine.

Can you tell me exactly what settings you are using in game and GeDoSaTo?

I overclocked my 970 to hell and the game still can't maintain 60FPS during gameplay with these settings:

MSAASampleCount 4
shadowScale 4
presentInterval 0

Just chilling behind that big box the FPS goes between 48 and 57. During battles it goes between 30 and 60. It is something that annoys me the more I think about it. Maybe I should simply say fuck it and try to cap it at 30, but still...

What happens if you set your renderResolution to 1920x1080@60 ? Do you still get the same framerate jumps?

Sectus

Ah, looks like we've come to the same conclusion.

Quick note, if you use this Python script for Noesis: http://www.mediafire.com/download/16ukneu191bfe0e/FF13_XGR-XFV.py
It renders most of the image files fine in their proper BIGENDIAN format.

However, it seems that any that were specifically created for the PC port (a.k.a the Controller, keyboard, and controller mapping images) come out both swizzled *and* in a different endian format altogether, [EDIT:] Also, Noesis still crashes trying to parse the .trb model files. meaning that some parts were indeed changed. We need to get someone who does this whole data decryption stuff to run things back for us, and hopefully possibly build a repacker, too. Any enterprising coders want to volunteer?

I haven't looked into the model and texture files, but I'd be surprised if there's any difference besides endian.

Making a repacker is doable. The BMS script maps out almost the entire format. The compression used is just normal zlib and there's no encryption. The format is weirdly designed though, so making a repack would take a bit of time.

I was considering to try making a repacker myself, but I don't think if I'm interested enough in the game to be motivated to do so.

hengyu

Has anyone found out why disabling the HUD improves the framerate so much? I get consistent 60fps if I disable the HUD, but obviously I'll like to keep it on for battles.

Any solutions? My FPS tanks during battles and the GPU usage never goes above 70+%ish on my 780 SC

Jourgensen_

Neo Member
There is some problems with windows 8.1 :

- alt tab still make the game crash.
- There was a problem with the vsync, no matter what was forced there was still some tearing, but now it seems fixed with the last build, this is awesome, thanks.
- The gedosato is still on 1555 after I update.

There is my return.... and a very big thanks to Durante, you did an awesome job.

xBladeM6x

Yeah, I'm not sure how to fix this. When I turn the camera to a new area, I get a fuck ton of stuttering, and then it's gone.

Anteater

Has anyone found out why disabling the HUD improves the framerate so much? I get consistent 60fps if I disable the HUD, but obviously I'll like to keep it on for battles.

Any solutions? My FPS tanks during battles and the GPU usage never goes above 70+%ish on my 780 SC

I did a few quick tests and it seems that I get better performance without gedosato running (1280x720), while game running with gedosato (at 720) will have a lower overall framerate unless I disable the hud, it might just be the settings on my end but either way the game still runs bad when there are actions, and the effects and pop ups will tank the framerate, nothing you can do about it, I'm just locking it at 30 and playing it at 4k.

hengyu

I did a few quick tests and it seems that I get better performance without gedosato running (1280x720), while game running with gedosato (at 720) will have a lower overall framerate unless I disable the hud, it might just be the settings on my end but either way the game still runs bad when there are actions, nothing you can do about it, I'm just locking it at 30 and playing it at 4k.

4k and 1440p drop frames similarly for me in battles, so I doubt it's the settings. Disabling the HUD allows the game to run really smoothly, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

30fps is terrible IMO, so I'll be waiting for a fix I guess.

golem09

Neo Member
I did a few quick tests and it seems that I get better performance without gedosato running (1280x720), while game running with gedosato (at 720) will have a lower overall framerate unless I disable the hud, it might just be the settings on my end but either way the game still runs bad when there are actions, and the effects and pop ups will tank the framerate, nothing you can do about it, I'm just locking it at 30 and playing it at 4k.

That it quite the bit of information, seems like the game itself is not running all that horribly, but it's interaction with gedosato makes the 2D rendering/scaling go wild.

Anteater

That it quite the bit of information, seems like the game itself is not running all that horribly, but it's interaction with gedosato makes the 2D rendering/scaling go wild.

Well without gedosato there are still drops to 30fps when the characters begin to cast spells, I'd suggest others test it too to make sure it's not something on my end, but it definitely isn't the injectPShash since I tried without it and it was still running the same with gedosato on.

Here's a comparison

Gedosato 1280x720
http://a.pomf.se/rurgdi.webm

Gedosato off
http://a.pomf.se/qptsua.webm

Game still runs like dog poo for me either way and not like I could get it to run at 60fps :p Just thought maybe these would help others figuring out what's going on with the stupid game.

Danlord

I find the game and videos overly dark, would be any setting or tool to brighten them up or boost gamma?

Perhaps look at Gamma Correction on your graphics driver, I've not encountered this issue but it could be what's causing your darkness.

Eyothrie

Well without gedosato there are still drops to 30fps when the characters begin to cast spells, I'd suggest others test it too to make sure it's not something on my end, but it definitely isn't the injectPShash since I tried without it and it was still running the same with gedosato on.

Here's a comparison

Gedosato 1280x720
http://a.pomf.se/rurgdi.webm

Gedosato off
http://a.pomf.se/qptsua.webm

Game still runs like dog poo for me either way and not like I could get it to run at 60fps :p Just thought maybe these would help others figuring out what's going on with the stupid game.

I tested and got the same results. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to keep a constant, stable 60fps in this game. my gtx 680 drops frames in battle with Gedosato off (default 720p). Square will need to fix this, but unfortunately, I'm pretty confident they won't.

Mkilbride

Banned

MSAASampleCount 4
shadowScale 4
presentInterval 0

Yeah, it's pretty crap.

so should i use 5120x2880@60 and MSAA 4 Shadows 4 or 3840x2160@60 MSAA 8 Shadows 8?

when I use 5120 and MSAA 8 i get like 15 fps.

Go with whichever one you find personally better? At that level (depending on your default resolution) you'll probably see very little difference either way.

Any new updates?

No more for the rest of the week. He'll work on it more next weekend at the earliest.

golem09

Neo Member
Thanks. I tried them, but still having that weird slowdown. Gonna stick with 1440p for now I suppose. Doesn't look bad with SMAA.

SMAA?
The game already has, or rather NEEDS msaa (for hair transparency), so why put smaa on top of that?

First time using gedosato, how do I render at straight 1080p with no down sampling? I set the render target in the settings to 1920x1080@60, but when I start the game the tool tip at the top of the screen says I'm down sampling at 2160p. Any ideas?

Xyber

First time using gedosato, how do I render at straight 1080p with no down sampling? I set the render target in the settings to 1920x1080@60, but when I start the game the tool tip at the top of the screen says I'm down sampling at 2160p. Any ideas?

Did you set it in the ff config and not just in the gedosato config? Open up the settings editor and type ff in the filter and it will show the right config to edit.

in the gedosato text editor, click the profile drop down at the bottom and modify the fxiiiimg profile

e:f,b

BONKERS

any idea why lightnings face look color banded here?

3840x2160@60 MSAA 8 Shadows 8

jXVp1Bq.jpg

I've mentioned this several times.

Shadow acne.

Depth bias issue+The way they do shadows.

FFXIV 1.0 on PC had the same exact issues

Here's an example I have from back when I played
iIGTh2rV0DPXb.png

Mkilbride

Banned
I am hearing reports of disabling threaded optimization in NVIDIA control panel for this game does wonders.

Anyone care to test it? They say it eliminates stutter and increases performance.

BONKERS

so should i use 5120x2880@60 and MSAA 4 Shadows 4 or 3840x2160@60 MSAA 8 Shadows 8?

when I use 5120 and MSAA 8 i get like 15 fps.

I would use Shadows 4 and downsample as large a ratio as you can get with 2xMSAA if you aren't going to do say, 4xSGSSAA+2x2 Downsampling With lanczos (In the case of 1080p. This would be 4k) like I mention here |
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4936011&postcount=2444

I am hearing reports of disabling threaded optimization in NVIDIA control panel for this game does wonders.

Anyone care to test it? They say it eliminates stutter and increases performance.

I suppose I can, seems the game is single threaded anyway. And i'm pretty sure TO only affects OGL. But i'll give it a shot

garath

I'm tolerating the changing framerate OK but the tearing is really bad :( I may have to try the nvidia inspector lock to 30 trick. Its really ruining the pretty graphics.

Top Bottom