• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014: $399 Xbox Ones "Flying Off The Shelves" at GameStop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevm3

Microsoft has been making a lot of positive moves lately. Sony better get off their butts and avoid complacency.

BigDug13

Microsoft has been making a lot of positive moves lately. Sony better get off their butts and avoid complacency.

Huh? Did you not read any of this thread? Gamestop's PR is pretty much fluff bullshit and the sale price of the console has barely made a blip on the sales radar. Gamers aren't stupid. They know a $399 console with no game and no kinect isn't as good of a deal as a $350 Titanfall bundle with Kinect.

Microsoft's best XBO deals were happening prior to April NPD results.

Stormy

Is it still outstanding without Kinect though? That's the question consumers are going to have to ask themselves when they choose whether to bite at this $399 price point.

I believe that it is. Is it "better" with kinetic? In my personal experience it is with the voice commands. However, it still works just fine with the controller only as well.

Huh? Did you not read any of this thread? Gamestop's PR is pretty much fluff bullshit and the sale price of the console has barely made a blip on the sales radar. Gamers aren't stupid. They know a $399 console with no game and no kinect isn't as good of a deal as a $350 Titanfall bundle with Kinect.

Microsoft's best XBO deals were happening prior to April NPD results.
those deals no longer exist.also not everyone wants titanfall or the kinect.they see a cheaper proce and they will buy. its that simple.

truth411

What moves? Like removing apps from the pay wall? Games with Gold? Getting price parity? You mean the stuff Sony have been doing the whole time?

This seems like Gamestop PR.

I'm also not surprised that statham made this thread.

What moves? Lol.

I love how some of you applaud MS for fixing broken shit.

EDIT: And anyone who dismisses Amazon sale rankings is delusional.

Raps93

Banned
I will wait NPD June for better conclusions because right now what I see is...

#4 PS4 Sexy Destiny Bundle
#7 PS4
#41 Xbox One
#53 Xbone One Titanfall Bundle

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12

Seems like a considerable difference in the ranking.

Amazon is not the #1 source for determining sales..For example,No one I know ordered a system that they will have to wait days to get when they can drive to their local best buy/gamestop and be out in 20 minutes.

BigDug13

Amazon is not the #1 source for determining sales..For example,No one I know ordered a system that they will have to wait days to get when they can drive to their local best buy/gamestop and be out in 20 minutes.

Well we have a report from one GameStop employee who has said they've sold 1 XBO since the kinectless bundle released. I guess we need more reports. Amazon and one GameStop isn't enough.

Overall sales? No it's not. But the trends on Amazon will be more or less the same they are in stores. A system outselling another system 3:1 in stores will still outsell it 3:1 on Amazon.

I actually traded in my ps4 and my copy of black flag for a wii u today. The Zelda announcement got to me.

Some of these posts seem really suspect to me. How fickle do you have to be to buy a system then trade it in because some other company had a good E3? I got PS4 and XB1 and I'm thinking about Wii U if the price is right. I can hardly imagine trading in a system that I'm invested in but to trade stuff in over an announcement?

Raps93

Banned
Well we have a report from one GameStop employee who has said they've sold 1 XBO since the kinectless bundle released. I guess we need more reports. Amazon and one GameStop isn't enough.

I agree. But I don't doubt it's selling more after a very solid E3 and a price drop.

Hmm but why wouldn't that argument hold true for both tentative XB1 and PS4 buyers equally? Why would one buyer be more willing to buy online than another? Because if that's not true then Amazon is likely a somewhat accurate reflection of the market at present

I do think there are certain demographics that are willing to buy online and that they might not be equally represented in both pool of buyers but I'm not sure why that would be the case

Riky

$MSFT
I think there is a weight of exclusives that people will find hard to ignore, Sunset Overdrive just looks an incredible amount of fun and with that amazing Halo collection on the way along with Forza, Fable, Crackdown and Gears etc, I think a lower price creates a tipping point for a lot of people.

Some of these posts seem really suspect to me. How fickle do you have to be to buy a system then trade it in because some other company had a good E3? I got PS4 and XB1 and I'm thinking about Wii U if the price is right. I can hardly imagine trading in a system that I'm invested in but to trade stuff in over an announcement?

I wonder this myself.

Weird behavior.

Dominator

Not nearly enough info, like you said. I was just giving a report on my singular store. For all I know it could literally be "flying off the shelves" but, yeah, not too hot at my store.

Swass

Couldn't you make that argument for just about everything sold on Amazon? Yet they are one of the top retailers.. hrmm

Piggus

Think about what they're actually offering for $399 after they removed the one feature that made the system unique. For people who mostly play third party games (most gamers) it's nothing but a bulkier, less powerful PS4 with an online service that offers less value.

It really needs to be $399 WITH Kinect. People can hate on Kinect all they want but at least it was something that the PS4 doesn't have. And as someone already said, most of the "positive moves" are things Sony has already done and has been doing for a very long time.

Filaipus

Banned
Probably it is selling a lot, just not compared to the PS4. Remember, the number of consoles being sold is amazing and PS4 is selling like drugs (bad backgrounds here D:), so I don't really expect Xbox to catch up. I just want them to keep doing what they are doing now.

Piggus

That's funny, I recall getting my PS4 from Amazon on launch day at no additional cost.

I don't think PS4 is going to slow down. Xbone sales remain to be seen, but if people are thinking Sony had a bad E3, and that's just going to stop demand, than they're being pretty oblivious.

Proxy

Doesn't seem to be reflected on Amazon like numerous other posters have mentioned. The white PS4 Destiny bundle is number #4 currently and the $399 Xbone is #39 and has stayed in that range for around a week now. Before that it was around 200-300 range.

zhao3gold

Banned
Good to hear. I don't think Xbox One can beat PS4 in June NPD, but at least the sales of Xbox One will be increased dramatically.

I agree. Why buy a Xbox One at $400 when you can get the PS4 at the same price tag?

for exclusives of Microsoft's, of course.

You answered your own question. With price parity the conversation moves on to games.

Edit: That scary moment when you post something (however innocuous) straight after Bish, and then wait nervously for the ban hammer 😁 it's like driving with a police car behind you

Doesn't seem to be reflected on Amazon like numerous other posters have mentioned. The white PS4 Destiny bundle in number #4 currently and the $399 Xbone is #39 and has stayed in that range for around a week now. Before that it was around 200-300 range.
Tis odd, when I inevitably get a ps4, it'll be black. The white one doesn't do it for me. The white xbox though... Droool.

"Flying off the shelves" they said the same thing about the WiiU and Vita.

Products are "flying off the shelves" right up to the point they are removed from store inventory lists.

LoveCake

I would think this sales spike is more to do with people holding off buying as they were waiting for the price drop, why buy something now when you know in a few weeks you can get it cheaper.

mike4001_

Probably it is selling a lot, just not compared to the PS4. Remember, the number of consoles being sold is amazing and PS4 is selling like drugs (bad backgrounds here D:), so I don't really expect Xbox to catch up. I just want them to keep doing what they are doing now.

I just hope the difference does not get too huge.

Nobody wants a sole market-leader - competition is very important !

I wonder if this console race is already pretty much settled. I mean, Wii U hopefully will do alright but it didn't catch lightning like the Wii that's obvious now. Xbox One will do a lot of things to challenge Sony but with the rest of world already settled the only place left is NA. Sony will do better in North America this time just by virtue of not having so many mistakes.

Maybe we're all just discussing stuff that doesn't matter in the end. I suppose if either company wins NA by big margins it's important since the market has so much sway.

It has been discussed to death but competition doesn't require equal sales. Microsoft is a big enough name that just being around is enough regardless of sales.

onanie

While competition is important, don't you think a good competitor should be duly rewarded in marketshare for its efforts? What's the point of competing otherwise if ppl keep propping up a less popular choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom