• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
:lol

2015-06-0320_01_39-eaueua6.png

34230307.jpg

But what would it be like, though? The gameplay is a forward/side scroller with a bit of racing in there. I don't see how you could make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-NRnGp3RA into anything but a small downloadable title.

They were able to charge full price for Knack, and in my opinion that game's mechanics are far simpler than the original Crash Bandicoot games. It boiled down to essentially a beat-em-up game with some extremely light platforming (almost non-existent).

I also think there is still precedent for mascot games in this day and age, even outside of Nintendo's consoles. I thought Rayman Legends was one of the best 2D platformer's in a long time, even if it's sales didn't quite reach Ubisoft's hopes. I also think in the end that Crash Bandicoot would have more nostalgia based selling power than Rayman as well.

FluxWaveZ

I find Sony very very quiet, whereas Microsoft (Major Nelson and Phil Spencer mostly) is teasing a lot on Twitter. What do you guys think ? Good or bad sign ?

I remember how leading into E3 2013, people were expressing worry about how quiet Sony was, while Microsoft was being outspoken about how great it would be and what they would show and all that. That's where a lot of the Sony Too™ talk came from, when many expressed with full confidence that Sony was silent because they would follow in Microsoft's footsteps with the Xbox One. And then E3 2013 happened.

That's what I think.

I find Sony very very quiet, whereas Microsoft (Major Nelson and Phil Spencer mostly) is teasing a lot on Twitter. What do you guys think ? Good or bad sign ?

Nothing.

It's typical pre-E3 MS/Sony.

I remember how leading into E3 2013, people were expressing worry about how quiet Sony was, while Microsoft was being outspoken about how great it would be and what they would show and all that. That's where a lot of the Sony Too™ talk came from, when many expressed with full confidence that Sony was silent because they would follow in Microsoft's footsteps with the Xbox One. And then E3 2013 happened.

That's what I think.

Last year was the same as well.

Until Bloodborne leaked.

Neither.
I think Microsoft is going in very loud, trying to build hype and Sony is trying to stay quiet because of the Bloodborne and SFV leaks.
I think both will have solid showings at E3.

That's what I think.

Oh yeah I remember that. Pretty funny when you think about it now.

That's what I think.

I'd say what's most interesting about this time around is that it seems like Sony has shutdown everyone from talking about what they're doing. You're seeing some indie devs mention they'll be at MS conference. But that's not even happening with Sony's. No one is saying anything. Not Sony, third party devs or indies. It's just complete silence. I guess they aren't playing around after what happened with Bloodborne and SFV.

v1lla21

Well Sony is usually quiet. Only reason we get Sony stuff early is because of leaks. No leaks so far so it's been pretty good for them. Love going in not knowing what to expect.

Conduit

Banned

That's really good for us, you know. But here :

There will be tears and gnashing of teeth.
GAF will both love and hate EA.
Ubisoft will continue to Ubisoft us all.
Sony has several nice montages. And hats.
MS realises that runner up medals don't please investors. Or publishers.
There will be more colours than brown, blue or orange.

Bousf

This silence is justified after Bloodborne and SFV leaking. However, it surprises me how more and more companies and studios are commenting on their E3 presence as the date gets closer, yet Sony is Q-U-I-E-T.

MS, Bethesda and EA have some of their announcements teased and confirmed (RotTR, Fallout 4, SW Battlefront). Ubi said big things are coming and AC Syndicate will be there. The quietest ones out of those holding pressers are Nintendo, Sony and SE as of right now.

Nintendo hardly ever gets anything leaked because ninjas, so same old same old.

SE has had some EU accounts teasing different things KH-related and we know they will be unveiling a new game with IGN NA, we don't know much more other than speculation and the event being Eidos-heavy

Sony is mute though.....all we have are things that would make sense (which will most likely happen) but nothing has been talked about by devs or Sony itself.

Let's hope they are silent for the right reasons.

Bsigg12

Between Xcom and Fallout 4 today, this week has been great. I can't wait for the Bethesda conference to see VATS in action.

This silence is justified after Bloodborne and SFV leaking. However, it surprises me how more and more companies and studios are commenting on their E3 presence as the date gets closer, yet Sony is Q-U-I-E-T.

MS, Bethesda and EA have some of their announcements teased and confirmed (RotTR, Fallout 4, SW Battlefront). Ubi said big things are coming and AC Syndicate will be there. The quietest ones out of those holding pressers are Nintendo, Sony and SE as of right now.

Nintendo hardly ever gets anything leaked because ninjas, so same old same old.

SE has had some EU accounts teasing different things KH-related and we know they will be unveiling a new game with IGN NA, we don't know much more other than speculation and the eveny being Eidos-heavy

Sony is mute though.....all we have are things that would make sense (which will most likely happen) but nothing has been talked about by devs or Sony itself.

Let's hope they are silent for the right reasons.

yeah, i wonder if Sony will show somekind of teaser in the days before E3
something like what they did with Until Dawn last year

Philippo

lol were you around when before E3 2013 MS was all about "murdering the competition" and got their ass handed to them? It's standard MS PR talk, Sony's being the smartest at keeping its cards hidden.

klaushm

yeah, i wonder if Sony will show somekind of teaser in the days before E3
something like what they did with Until Dawn last year

Yup. Like showing Crash mango tree, or a mirror reflex of the Buster Sword, or even feathers on the ground with a giant chicken foot(you understood).

Gosh... Only if.

Edit:
tumblr_inline_mv16ue56lA1rzg1qs.gif

Now it's perfect

I was wondering till now. Thank you.

Yup. A good, good one.

I'm too surprised to be honest. Verendus said that Sony has another exclusive with Capcom, two exclusives(I believe it's two) with Sega, WB, Namco(have a feeling it's console exclusivity of Dark Souls 3), Lockstarter(Rockstar I think, but could be something else) and more.

I wonder what "hats" we'll see at E3 :)

Elfstruck

I'm too surprised to be honest. Verendus said that Sony has another exclusive with Capcom, two exclusives(I believe it's two) with Sega, WB, Namco(have a feeling it's console exclusivity of Dark Souls 3), Lockstarter(Rockstar I think, but could be something else) and more.

Capcom: MH5 or Capcom vs PS allstars
Sega: Shenmue 3
Namco: DS3
WB: Suicide squad
Rockstar: Agent
I believe he also hinted at Activision.

Leflus

lol were you around when before E3 2013 MS was all about "murdering the competition" and got their ass handed to them? It's standard MS PR talk, Sony's being the smartest at keeping its cards hidden.
You're acting as if MS made a big deal out of it. It was just a random PR dude who said that.

Another Capcom exclusive for Sony?

Adam Boyes is head of third-party relations at Sony -> formerly Capcom USA -> formerly Midway -> worked with John Vignnochi at Midway -> Johnny V is at Disney Interactive now -> Disney controls Marvel games now

FOLLOW THE MONEY

klaushm

Yup. About Verendus I finded "profs" about Capcom new exclusive game for PS4.
Almost nobody gave a shit about what I've got.

It's probably a new PSASBR 2 made right also with Capcom characters or Marvel vs PlaySation.

But well, we will see :)

I'm ready for a new Twisted Metal game.

A reboot of the series or just a remake of the classic TM2. My favorite of the series. Black was also incredible.

Did he make that statement about Capcom before Dragon's Dogma Online was announced?

Capcom: MH5 or Capcom vs PS allstars
Sega: Shenmue 3
Namco: DS3
WB: Suicide squad
Rockstar: Agent
I believe he also hinted at Activision.

Do you honestly believe it's Shenmue 3? I want it to happen, but I just don't see Sony help funding a bill for a game that would likely have a pretty high budget. I can see Sony funding Virtua Fighter 6 though.

Leflus

Nope, it was just an example of how MS always hypes up E3 a lot opposite to Sony.
No arguments here. They do definitely like to hype up their E3 showings.

I was disputing your claim about how "MS was all about "murdering the competition"". That's just not true.

Salex_

I'm really curious to see what Level-5's new game is going to be. The fact that they're debuting it at E3 makes me think it's another Sony/L5 joint project. Judging by what Hino said, It sounds like it's going to be their biggest game scope wise.

I hope GR2 is there as well!
iz99U5vjFIY2p.gif

ibnELoghPwIJHx.gif

It's timeeee
Yup. About Verendus I finded "profs" about Capcom new exclusive game for PS4.Yup. About Verendus I finded "profs" about Capcom new exclusive game for PS4.
Almost nobody gave a shit about what I've got.

What you mentioned wasn't proof. If that was a new game, then SFV wouldn't be on their list of E3 games. We know it's going to be there. Whoever posted that just forgot to include PC under the tag.

Was there actually one major capcom game not beeing exclusive (or atleast some form of exclusivity) in this gen? (without the remasters)

Dead Rising = Xbox
Street Fighter V = PS4, PC
DD Online = Ps4
Deep Down = PS4

Looks like this studio can't mange to bring out their major IP's on their own.
I strongly believe that DMC 5 will be a Ps4 Exclusive.

Resident Evil will probably be the only big multiplattform Game from Capcom for a while

I'm really curious to see what Level-5's new game is going to be. The fact that they're debuting it at E3 makes me think it's another Sony/L5 joint project. It sounds like it's going to be a big game too.

verendus said that the level-5 game can be a megaton for someone

Was there actually one major capcom game not beeing exclusive (or atleast some form of exclusivity) in this gen? (without the remasters)

Dead Rising = Xbox
DD Online = Ps4
Deep Down = PS4

Resident Evil will probably be the only big multiplattform Game from Capcom for a while

I initially thought it could be DMC 5, but it doesn't make sense for Capcom to make it exclusive to PS4 with DMC 4 remastered coming to Xbox One.

Resident Evil 7 is TOO big to become exclusive, so it's likely not that.

The likely choices, a collaboration with Capcom on the PS All-stars successor, Marvel VS Capcom 4(I wish) or an actual sequel to Dragon Dogma(does not make since to announce this now with Dragon Dogma Online not out yet).

Hmmm......I might start looking at some Capcom IPs to see what it potentially might be.

Dead Rising = Xbox
DD Online = Ps4
Deep Down = PS4

I think when we see Dead Rising 4, Capcom Vancouver's new IP and Resident Evil 7, they will all be PS4/Xbox One/PC, not sure about DMC5 or anything else they've got though.

delSai

I'm ready for a new Twisted Metal game.

A reboot of the series or just a remake of the classic TM2. My favorite of the series. Black was also incredible.

The Ps3 game was really good too, one of my favorite multiplayer games last gen. A Sequel would be a day one buy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom