• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Another Capcom exclusive for Sony?

Adam Boyes is head of third-party relations at Sony -> formerly Capcom USA -> formerly Midway -> worked with John Vignnochi at Midway -> Johnny V is at Disney Interactive now -> Disney controls Marvel games now

FOLLOW THE MONEY

You don't even need to dive into the work history. Adam Boyes and John Vignnochi used to be roommates and are good friends.

Edit: I see someone beat me to it already.

What would you guys most like to see from Level-5?

Ni No Kuni 2
Dark Cloud 3
Rogue Galaxy 2
White Knight Chronicles 3
New IP

i want them to stick to that beatiful Ni No Kuni graphic style...They are top tier on cell shading.
Rather this than a medicore looking WKC

But to answer the question:

Ni No Kuni 2, but only with an more mature style and design

Are there any mods in this thread I can run something by real quick?

Kagari

Dinjooh

And if it's Cowboy Hats?

bgYlVaG.jpg

Lol love your stuff man haha, cant wait for the Nintendo one :D lost my shit at 'impressive erection' lol

This reminds me of that website/blog about 6-7 years ago that was dedicated to a whole fanfiction of the high-ranking Square-Enix employees, centering mostly on Nomura. Does anyone else remember that? Or did I dream it? It was hilarious.

This is nothing short of fantastic.

Damn, thanks everyone.

Nice piece of work.
Hope "bored at a medical clinic" doesn't mean anything bad. If you are sick - get well soon.

Nah, I'm studying to be a medic, and have several hundred hours of internships/clinical rotations to complete. So nothing terrible, but thank you for your concern :)

Another Capcom exclusive for Sony?

Adam Boyes is head of third-party relations at Sony -> formerly Capcom USA -> formerly Midway -> worked with John Vignnochi at Midway -> Johnny V is at Disney Interactive now -> Disney controls Marvel games now

FOLLOW THE MONEY

And Matt Booty is at Microsoft. Matt Booty was a CEO at Midway when John V. was a lead designer. They all know each other. Means nothing.

Bousf

What would you guys most like to see from Level-5?

Ni No Kuni 2
Dark Cloud 3
Rogue Galaxy 2
White Knight Chronicles 3
New IP
Rogue Galaxy 2 and the first remastered, would make my year!!
2016 that is

I would celebrate a new IP, Dark Cloud 3 and Ni No Kuni 2 as well.

L1NETT

Relevant here I guess, but any folks know what happened to Inside?. Love Playdead a bunch, but we've heard nowt since E3 last year. Bit of a Microsoft trend I guess.

Thought the game looked aesthetically super interesting, those folks know how to build at atmosphere with a lack of colour.

Chances it resurfaces this year?

Relevant here I guess, but any folks know what happened to Inside?. Love Playdead a bunch, but we've heard nowt since E3 last year. Bit of a Microsoft trend I guess.

Thought the game looked aesthetically super interesting, those folks know how to build at atmosphere with a lack of colour.

I hope so. This was together with cuphead and ori the highlight of the Xbox conference.

iMax

I really hope so. Honestly that was probably my most hyped game from last year. Looked incredible.

klaushm

I know Verendus said a new Virtua Fighter is coming, but did he hint that as one of the Sega exclusives?

If this is the only way for Sega to release a Vitura Fighter game, then so be it. I........missed Virtua Fighter :(

Nope. Just said it was coming, maybe, but not exclusive.

If Fallout 4 was 2015, they would have highlighted that with a bright yellow marker in the trailer.

...or they're saving it for the big E3 announcement. Why wait if it's 2016? What's the point of that? A 2016 date will excite nobody. It's what most people are expecting. There's no rwason to hold off on that.

FluxWaveZ

...or they're saving it for the big E3 announcement. Why wait if it's 2016? What's the point of that? A 2016 date will excite nobody. It's what most people are expecting. There's no rwason to hold off on that.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided didn't have a year at the end of its trailer. Other trailers don't have years at their end, either. It's not uncommon, and it's not like we didn't just get an XCOM 2 announcement with a precise window along with it.

iMax

Of course they are. Can you imagine how hard the internet would blow up (or at least would have were it not for today's store leaks) when they stick a 2015 release date up at the end of their presentation next Sunday?

There was no reason for this trailer to be shown so shortly before E3.
What an impact this would have had on stage without any warning.
Stupid. Incontinence.

iMax

Stupid. Incontinence.

Except the whole internet is talking about Fallout 4. And they will be for the next week.

Instead of owning a few days, Bethesda has managed to own a few weeks instead.

Very smart move.

klaushm

Stupid. Incontinence.

You have made preparations for a big important thing to be announced the way you feel it's right for the public, them you see someone that wants to tell people before you. What do you do?

Either if that's not the point, maybe they have another reason and people are glad anyaway.
Let's wait and see :)

Edit: or this
Except the whole internet is talking about Fallout 4. And they will be for the next week.

Very smart move.

Very smart move.

You have a point here.
But I still think this would be the move a smaller franchise would have made.
Fallout is one of the biggest. And for my taste this is something you reveal on the biggest screen possible.
Maybe I am just romantic.

Boke1879

Very smart move.

By Sunday of this week I predict their trailer will have about 15 millions views on youtube. They've done a masterful job. Tack on a 2015 release date at the end of the trailer during their press event and they quite possibly win E3.

Exclusive or not, i will lose my shit if a new Virtua Fighter gets announced. It's time for Wolf Hawkfield to return.
I main Lion and Jean...I'm there day one for VF6, if it was as popular as SF4 is, I would have never went back to SF again. Love that game, just about 95% of the cast is viable and balanced.

Roshin

I'm hoping for something, anything, for the PS4.that will genuinely surprise me. I'm hoping for Sony to pick up the pace considerably when it comes to adding features to the PS4. I'm hoping for some epic GAF meltdowns.

I expect nothing, though.

By Sunday of this week I predict their trailer will have about 15 millions views on youtube. They've done a masterful job. Tack on a 2015 release date at the end of the trailer during their press event and they quite possibly win E3.
Except if something in the same ballpark of Fallout had been kept under wraps and is suddenly revealed of course...

Luke_Wal

Except if something in the same ballpark of Fallout had been kept under wraps and is suddenly revealed of course...

I really feel like Horizon is going to blow people away. Guerrilla is a crazy talented studio, even if their last IP never really resonated. I just hope they don't give it a terrible name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom