• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

Would
JRPG #5 - far away, sony, similar to something we already have - ?

Basically mean a sequel to Bloodborne? I don't really consider that a jrpg but i know it fits into the alternate definition of it. It's also pretty much a given, and it's certainly similar to something we already have.

Would

Basically mean a sequel to Bloodborne? I don't really consider that a jrpg but i know it fits into the alternate definition of it. It's also pretty much a given, and it's certainly similar to something we already have.

Probably not. The sequel to bloodborne is a given. It likely is something along the lines of the final fantasyesque title that he's hinted. Maybe the long awaited return of wild arms

Would

That's my thought as well. I remembered The Great Verendus saying that he considered Bloodborne a RPG, so I have feeling it's that.

Unless Knack 2 becomes a turn-based RPG!!!!!!!!

Verendus

Banned
one day I'm going to find you, or one of your six existences, and I'm going to kick your ass...

In street fighter...because someone who hates ken obviously is terrible at fighters. Then, after you lose the matches and bet, I will make you go to the dollar store and buy a red GI and blonde wig and make you post it as your avatar for a year. If I don't see Ken revealed soon, I will surmise you played a part in this tomfoolery and you will reap what you sow.
I'm personally of the mind that Ken is a necessary part of Street Fighter. Who am I supposed to beat up, if not for Ken? Sure, I hate him, but an antagonist is necessary. E3 is the perfect time to unveil a big character like Ken. We got the red shirts, and it's all red, so why wouldn't this be the right time? Right? Right?

Also, I'm only good at Alpha 3. But I will probably take up your offer for a duel in Street Fighter 5. You can be Ken (lol, I said lol, there's always Chun-Li), and I will show you what it means to be a family man.

I'm personally of the mind that Ken is a necessary part of Street Fighter. Who am I supposed to beat up, if not for Ken? Sure, I hate him, but an antagonist is necessary. E3 is the perfect time to unveil a big character like Ken. We got the red shirts, and it's all red, so why wouldn't this be the right time? Right? Right?

Also, I'm only good at Alpha 3. But I will probably take up your offer for a duel in Street Fighter 5. You can be Ken (lol, I said lol, there's always Chun-Li), and I will show you what it means to be a family man.

What's your psn verendus?

My 2 predictions
1. EA will have the best conference this year because Battlefront, Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect
2. I think a lot of games are going to try to emulate the Game of thrones style of storytelling.

lol, i hope we have a chance to meet up someday man. I'm ok-good in pretty much everything besides the alpha series, so there ya go, still probably good enough to spank ya if you play casually though. Ken is polarizing though, I've recently become aware of. I think it's just the nature of Ryu being first and Ken for so long just being a different color of him. That would make the conference for me though. As much time as I spend on GAF, I learned a few things about my gaming habits, I play only a handful of AAA games a year, and just keep going back to them. SF5 will be one of those AAA I keep going back to (BB is my first, but it needs some DLC soon), so just something a SF5 update, seeing a few Japanese games, (really like Rime and Tomorrow Children) and basically anything with a decent budget that isn't a shooter will make the show for me. Also, I might cry if I ever see TLG again.

On your lists and stuff, I really don't see how Sony is trying reinvigorate sales in Japan without a MH game. So I hope they do it right and not some ported mess. PS4 is only at 1.5 million in Japan atm. They really need to boost up those sales over there for heavy hitters like MGS/P5/FF/RE/DMC etc...Is it a chicken and egg situation or is game development really getting that expensive. I would have thought a lot of the Japanese stuff would be revealed by now since all the developers seemed genuinely excited doing a bunch of interviews after the February reveal.

klaushm

My 2 predictions
1. EA will have the best conference this year because Battlefront, Mirrors Edge and Mass Effect
2. I think a lot of games are going to try to emulate the Game of thrones style of storytelling.

1. Mirrors edge always online
2. Won't be at E3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Rösti;166181521 said:
Was it last year or 2013 that guy forgot to turn off his microphone during EA's press conference and he kept talking outside his own segment?

It's not up to him it's up to stage staff and the AV tech guys.

RK128

Seems to me everyone but Nintendo will have a great E3.

Nintendo has a few aces in the hole for them; they could announce a F-Zero, Metroid, Mega Man (well, Nintendo is working with Capcom through Smash, so why not :)?), Earthbound and Mario Galaxy 3. Any of those could really help push the Wii U and I think it is time for at least one of these ideas to come to life (Metroid and F-Zero mainly; hasn't been a new F-Zero since the GC days and Metroid's last game came out in 2007).

They also have existing games through Smash and Mario Kart they could support with new DLC packs, upcoming games/new games like Splatoon, Star Fox and SMTxFE that could get DLC or Amiibo support and they could even do a few cool things for the fans and new comers into the Nintendo world (lowering the Wii U's price, Amiibo cards to avoid shortages on the figures, 3DS/Wii/GC Remasters of games, ect).

Nintendo can do a lot to stick out this E3 and I think they will do just fine :). Here is what I hope they do for their digital direct:

Nintendo:
-Open the Digital Event with a round of Smash Bros., with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man having a fight, then you hear a fimilar voice scream 'Hadouken', with a blue fireball flying acorss the screen. Everyone jumps away, until the iconic figure of Ryu appears, with a rock remix of his Street Fighter 2 theme blasting across a montage highlight his moveset. Closes with his final Smash and telling the audience that he will be available to download for both the Wii U and 3DS versions July.
-Splatoon's flow of updates is highlighted once more with Amiibo support for the Smash Bros. and Super Mario lines being announced; skins for characters ala Yoshi's Wooly World.
-Mario and Sonic shown off again, but with a CG trailer and confirmation of Amiibo support for game with Mario & Sonic line.
-Alongside this is Amiibo cards, allowing people to buy the cards to unlock the amiibo content without the rarity of the figures; cheaper then the figures by 6 bucks (one pack of 5 cards = price of one figure).
-Pikachu walks up to the screen, waving to the audience. A flash of light appears out of a Pokeball, with Charmander popping out, both are ready to battle, and the screen zooms out into the classic Pokemon menu commands. Screen cuts to black, with the words 'Pokemon Stadium' appearing with a remix of the Pokemon theme. Fight after fight is flashing while modes and features from the N64 games are brought back. Trailer closes with a trainer picking his Pikichu, putting it on his shoulders, as he walks across a HD version of Palet Town.
-Mario Kart 8 is shown off again, highlighting the success of its DLC, with the announcement of 'Cross Over' DLC. We see Kirby, Captian Falcon, Samus and Fox racing in their iconic rides across tracks in Green Greens, Big Blue, Zebus, and Corneara. Gameplay ends with this pack being released in the fall
-Mario blasts into the screen, with stars shining in the sky; another Galaxy is created. Made by the 3D World team, this is a new Mario adventure taking elements from both the Galaxy and 3D series while also introducing new gimmicks. Ends with stars lighting up 'Fall 2015'
-3DS tittles highlighted in a montage alongside Pokemon Z, Dragon Quest 8 Western Release and more being announced.
-We go back into Smash 4, with Lucas being announced for release right after the Digital Event, Wolf being announced and four shadows of characters popping up, with two of them jumping into the screen; Shovel Knight and Shantae.
-SMTxFE and Xenoblade X get new trailers, with the former getting more coverage during Nintendo's Treehouse and the latter getting a Fall 2015 release date
-Event ends with a gameplay demo of the new Star Fox; rail shooter mixed with elements from Project Guard and Giant Robot. Release date for Fall 2015 alongside Amiibo support for Fox and Falco.

klaushm

On the contrary, while I am super excited for Sony, I feel Nintendo will have an amazing showing.

How things work for you?
You are excited for both hehe

Still. I'm going nuts waiting this E3.

Wasn't supposed to today be a big leak day from unseen64 guy?
Think he is far worse editing audio than we thought.

thefit

This hasn't been explained yet. It was from SFV presentation at Taipei Game Show

Street-Fighter-V-Logo.jpg

I don't get it, that's a graveyard background so maybe Darkstalker or Ghosts and Goblins characters?

Verendus

Banned
lol, i hope we have a chance to meet up someday man. I'm ok-good in pretty much everything besides the alpha series, so there ya go, still probably good enough to spank ya if you play casually though. That would make the conference for me though. As much time as I spend on GAF, I learned a few things about my gaming habits, I play only a handful of AAA games a year, and just keep going back to them. SF5 will be of them (BB is my first, but it needs some DLC soon), so just something like that, seeing a few Japanese games, and basically anything with a decent budget that isn't a shooter will make the show for me. Also, I might cry if I ever see TLG again.

On your lists and stuff, I really don't see how Sony is trying reinvigorate sales in Japan without a MH game. So I hope they do it right and not some ported mess. PS4 is only at 1.5 million in Japan atm. They really need to boost up those sales over there for heavy hitters like MGS/P5/FF/RE/DMC etc...Is it a chicken and egg situation or is game development really getting that expensive. I would have thought a lot of the Japanese stuff would be revealed by now since all the developers seemed genuinely excited doing a bunch of interviews after the February reveal.
I am a pretty casual player. But I was pretty damn good at Alpha 3. Less casual back then.

We're not banking on MH to revive sales in Japan. The first one won't help with that, and the second one will be coming at a time, when PS4 should already be doing better than now. It's nice and all, but the truth is, it was expected that the first year was going to be tough. The market trend in Japan is pretty straight forward, and it's pretty obvious how things were going to go. The big title that everyone was really hoping on was FFXV, but that's had its fair share of problems. Beyond the first year, things have taken a little longer than expected. Back in 2013, SCEJ/A approached a lot of developers/publishers like Square Enix, CC2, Level-5, BN, Sega etc.

The idea was to provide funding, or incentives, and help mitigate risk, in an effort to build a solid foundation. Some were obviously more welcoming, and others had a little bit of their own ideas. The issue here is that some of these approaches would've been better made a little earlier, because there's only so much resource, and it's taken a while to get going, because no one is sitting on their hands. The companies have their plans, and you have to work together to get things going. On a more positive note, the Dragon Quest discussions back then turned into something really meaningful, so that's going to be a series of titles that should help a good amount. Beyond that, because developers like CC2 and Level-5 are pretty eager to get notable projects done on current gen, it's been a case of fitting things in with them at the appropriate time. They could end up as pretty key players, depending on how things go. Level-5 is soon to announce the first of its projects, which should hopefully do well in Japan, but also worldwide. Then when we have CC2, Sega, and the others slowly coming through, so we should be able to build some consistency. Obviously, there's Japan Studio, Sony's own, who are pretty ready to show off their next games soon. PS4's price cut, and positioning with all these titles should help too.

The larger problem here is that you can't really fight against the market changing over there. The most you can do is build something worthwhile for yourself. And to build the necessary momentum has taken longer than expected, since bigger titles means longer time, which also means positioning can be difficult.

I think the worst is behind us now in that market. Moving forward, there should be a good few titles that will be coming consistently to help make more of a difference, but I don't expect fortune to change a great deal. Nonetheless, it'll be a lot better than now. It's kind of a struggle, but it's early days. We've a long way to go yet. I think of 2014/2015 as transitional years in Japan. 2016, we start hopefully reaping the rewards, and things start looking more positive than before since a lot of projects will start getting announced and released.

Also, bear in mind, that game development takes a long time. First, a title has to be discussed, and objectives set, then you head into the actual development, which takes many years. So while there may have been developers excited, it's tough taking the first step. Look at the western side. It's not that different. So much stuff has been delayed. Delayed, and then delayed again. In certain cases, you have titles being pushed back which causes marketing and positioning issues with other titles because they're encroaching. Uncharted and Ratchet are doing that right now. It is what it is, but things are getting a lot better. It's teething issues.

Once games start rolling out, it's not like anyone is really going to remember a lot of this. Most people focus on the present. They forget the past quickly.

I am a pretty casual player. But I was pretty damn good at Alpha 3. Less casual back then.

We're not banking on MH to revive sales in Japan. It's nice and all, but the truth is, it was expected that the first year was going to be tough. The market trend in Japan is pretty straight forward, and it's pretty obvious how things were going to go. The big title that everyone was really hoping on was FFXV, but that's had its fair share of problems. Beyond the first year, things have taken a little longer than expected. Back in 2013, SCEJ/A approached a lot of developers/publishers like Square Enix, CC2, Level-5, BN, Sega etc.

The idea was to provide funding, or incentives, and help mitigate risk, in an effort to build a solid foundation. Some were obviously more welcoming, and others had a little bit of their own ideas. The issue here is that some of these approaches would've been better made a little earlier, because there's only so much resource, and it's taken a while to get going, because no one is sitting on their hands. The companies have their plans, and you have to work together to get things going. On a more positive note, the Dragon Quest discussions back then turned into something really meaningful, so that's going to be a series of titles that should help a good amount. Beyond that, because developers like CC2 and Level-5 are pretty eager to get notable projects done on current gen, it's been a case of fitting things in with them at the appropriate time. They could end up as pretty key players, depending on how things go. Level-5 is soon to announce the first of its projects, which should hopefully do well in Japan, but also worldwide. Then when we have CC2, Sega, and the others slowly coming through, so we should be able to build some consistency. Obviously, there's Japan Studio, Sony's own, who are pretty ready to show off their next games soon. PS4's price cut, and positioning with all these titles should help too.

The larger problem here is that you can't really fight against the market changing over there. The most you can do is build something worthwhile for yourself. And to build the necessary momentum has taken longer than expected, since bigger titles means longer time, which also means positioning can be difficult.

I think the worst is behind us now in that market. Moving forward, there should be a good few titles that will be coming consistently to help make more of a difference, but I don't expect fortune to change a great deal. Nonetheless, it'll be a lot better than now. It's kind of a struggle, but it's early days. We've a long way to go yet. I think of 2014/2015 as transitional years in Japan. 2016, we start hopefully reaping the rewards, and things start looking more positive than before since a lot of projects will start getting announced and released.

Also, bear in mind, that game development takes a long time. First, a title has to be discussed, and objectives set, then you head into the actual development, which takes many years. So while there may have been developers excited, it's tough taking the first step. Look at the western side. It's not that different. So much stuff has been delayed. Delayed, and then delayed again. In certain cases, you have titles being pushed back which causes marketing and positioning issues with other titles because they're encroaching. Uncharted and Ratchet are doing that right now. It is what it is, but things are getting a lot better. It's teething issues.

Once games start rolling out, it's not like anyone is really going to remember a lot of this. Most people focus on the present. They forget the past quickly.

Now I really wonder who you are lol. Boyes secret account???? :p

Well said though. And exactly what I was hoping Sony was doing. Providing good incentives to get worried devs to get on board early with game development on the new system.

In the end if the Japanese market does only 5m for the PS4 it can't be for a lack of trying. But it will be fun to watch the games release for the system in the meantime

My wishlist

Shining Force or Valkyria Chronicles from Sega
Monster Hunter on Ps4. MH5 not some spinoff or half assed effort
Dragon Quest XI PS4. I will buy and play the shit out of Heroes and hopefully 500 k others do as well so SE isn't as apprehensive about it
Level 5 JRPG, either Ni No Kuni 2 or Dark Cloud
Some sort of high budget JRPG project from a Sony first party team.

Starting the gen this was just a dream but it seems as we move along the reality could be oh so sweet

Pennywise

They'll have a better show this time.

Which isn't too suprising :p

I liked the actual approach they took, but the entire focus on stuff that was so far off was really a bad decision.

Curious if we get our ME HD Trilogy and what they else might have to offer, apart from the already know IPs and announcements.

We're not banking on MH to revive sales in Japan. The first one won't help with that, and the second one will be coming at a time, when PS4 should already be doing better than now. It's nice and all, but the truth is, it was expected that the first year was going to be tough. The market trend in Japan is pretty straight forward, and it's pretty obvious how things were going to go. The big title that everyone was really hoping on was FFXV, but that's had its fair share of problems. Beyond the first year, things have taken a little longer than expected. Back in 2013, SCEJ/A approached a lot of developers/publishers like Square Enix, CC2, Level-5, BN, Sega etc.

Honestly, it sounds like this gen could be one of the better ones if some of the big budget games strike a chord with the market. So maybe this gen will be quite lengthy then? If 2016 is kinda the "Rainbows and Sunshine" moments where a lot of the biggest ideas are at least revealed and even more on the shelves, I don't expect Sony to be wrapping up with PS4 in 2018 like many are projecting. Also is VR a focus for AAA development or is Sony trying to be the "Wii" of VR gaming and just have solid, simple, experiences?

But I'm ok with the flow of titles really. I don't care for too much western stuff outside of Medial Molecule, ND, and Sucker Punch. I would like for one of David Jaffe's dreams to come true though and have a game actually make me cry. TLOU got close, it was powerful. No Man's Sky is on my list as well. This gen seems to be more of a refinement of ideas and just good gaming. I don't think anyone really needs to reinvent the wheel. But with economic woes, and a growing disparity between middle class and rich, I think people just want to be entertained and cheaply so. Sony should really be just trying to ride PS4 with updates and revisions on the hardware, I mean Apple does it every year Iphone 6, Iphone 6C Iphone 6S (seriously, how come new colors for consoles never come out in the states?) So I hope Japanese developers aren't trying to get into the Guinness book of world records for some amazing achievement in tech lol. I think they can really cash in just by providing fun games with interesting characters and gameplay. Anyway, your posts make me hopeful, that this gen, will serve my taste a bit more that last. I haven't touched a Call of Duty in years, but seeing Kat on my PS4 genuinely puts a smile on my face. I really really, want Japanese devs back in a big way. And I hope somehow, the mobile/handheld scene helps the console market out.

kevin1025

Banned
Which isn't too suprising :p

I liked the actual approach they took, but the entire focus on stuff that was so far off was really a bad decision.

Curious if we get our ME HD Trilogy and what they else might have to offer, apart from the already know IPs and announcements.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about a Mass Effect Collection, especially with the Uncharted one and Gears remaster being so openly known.

Sony should do an incentive program with the Ps4 once development costs go down enough

2 year subscription to PS+ and Now and you get your PS4 for $99.

Boom.

De_Legend

Banned

Damn...

Bright future ahead for PS4 owners that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom