• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wii_u_tatsunoko_vs_capcom_2_boxart_by_machriderz-d5g6q9e.png

Cant wait, believe.
This one might hurt the most because I didn't realize how much I wanted it ;____;

klaushm

Yeah...but it didn't make the game any better. It just seemed to me like their priority is misplaced.

Understand your point. I think they should focus on other places they are lacking excellence.

For me it has the ups and downs.
I felt more connected with Delsin in both character and lore. Fins it way more fun than it's previus games. They removed what was to my an annoiance of collecting power ups in a slow pace... I don't care if it's very hard, but just slow to seem hard is frustrating...

I think they failed at evolving the lore and powers. We got a lot of powers, and we were they vision of x-men(pls gaf, just simbolism), and yet... Dunno. Didn't feel as power as other games. All others seemed more powerful but Delsin is the hero, so... Yup.

Still, all that, IMO, I think they donne better them Infamous 2 and gave me wishes to have a Second Sons 2. I won't compare to the first since I don't recall a lot of things and thr first always have a place in your heart.

Therefor, really excited for their next step :)

Looking forward to Nintendo's E3 after last year. The E3 Direct goes down so much smoother and with far less fluff than the traditional conferences other companies put on, and the Treehouse Live stuff is great. Given the current situation Nintendo is in they seem by far the most likely console company to have some surprises that you couldn't guess at.

Looking forward to those possible surprises, Retro working on something other than Donkey Kong, how Devil's Third is shaping up and I'd have to think Next Level Games and Nintendo are ready to show what they've been working on.

I feel for game developers sometimes. No doubt making a game is a tough task, but these days once they are done with a game after 3-5 years of the task there isn't much layoff and time to relax. It's bam! Onto the next one.

I would have it in my contract. Once my game ships I'm taking 2 months off before even thinking of my next project.

autoduelist

Yeah...but it didn't make the game any better. It just seemed to me like their priority is misplaced.

Eh, just because they're promoting some new thing doesn't mean that's what they're primarily focusing on... it just means that's what the marketing department is focusing on. Talking points are talking points, and stuff like mocap is what makes good news... so it's talk about that, or not have the interview at all.

I loved the game either way, personally.

klaushm

I feel for game developers sometimes. No doubt making a game is a tough task, but these days once they are done with a game after 3-5 years of the task there isn't much layoff and time to relax. It's bam! Onto the next one.

I would have it in my contract. Once my game ships I'm taking 2 months off before even thinking of my next project.

Dude, I think that's how most jobs works, or at least how should hehe hehe

When I was developing for mobile or sites/systems or console, in every single company, there was no time to be like "Ohhh. I finished my project. Now I can rest a bit.". Normally it becomes hell when the project is finally published hehehehe. Bugs. That's our fear and most hated enemy.

Soo yep. I feel for we(developers) and they(pro game dev):p

sjay1994

Any idea what Sucker Punch is up to. They released infamous second son over a year ago. Ps4 engine for the game was impressive

We might see something from them this year. Infamous 2 was announced in 2010 (when cole had hair), when the first was released in 2009.

TGS, believe!!!!!!!

I would love to see them work with Studio Japan

Sony Japan + Mistwalker collab would be HAWT. They could get the SotC composer Otani to so the soundtrack. Cerny could help build the engine with an insane particle system for spell effects, and Sakaguchi would of course handle the story and gameplay elements.

Ray Down

Banned
With Sony's supposed initiative to bring back jrpgs, why haven't they approached Mistwalker yet?

-Sakaguchi doesn't like Sony or at least Ken
-They aren't really developers, they come up with game ideas and another studio makes them.
-Probably focusing on Terra Battle and other mobile games

Miyamoto said this last year

Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto pointed to another strategy—developing spin-off titles pertaining to different Nintendo franchises. This is something the company has already begun doing with games like Hyrule Warriors, and Miyamoto stated that Nintendo intends to continue down this path, in order to create a greater lineup of software for the Wii U.

“Our theme today is how effectively we can materialize our experiences to commercialize our products. This is something I often internally refer to as ‘spinoff software,’ but while we make use of our major game franchises, we want to support our character IP and increase the number of games we develop and release by also creating relatively smaller-scale but fun to play games,” Miyamoto said to investors.

“We’re making preparations to release software within a franchise so that fans of the series will not need to wait for, say, three years in order to play a new experience in that franchise.”

Miyamoto continued, “Finally, even when creating our own franchises, we have been working with a number of outside companies. Looking at this year alone, we have started to work with second- and third-parties that we have not collaborated with before. Since we can collaborate with an increasing number of outside companies, we are now making progress to develop a number of games that will become key software for us. I have a solid feeling that Wii U will have a rich software lineup in 2015. We will do our best!”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/06...srWZLMPp56Q.99

I wonder how many new spin offs are we going to see this E3

wachie

I'm most excited about UC4 gameplay. Remember the UC2 gameplay at the E3? That was one of my most memorable E3 moments and man just the possibility of ND pulling that off again is making hype levels go from insane to insaner levels.

Also wonder if Boyes is going to show up like last year?

Capella

I'm most excited about UC4 gameplay. Remember the UC2 gameplay at the E3? That was one of my most memorable E3 moments and man just the possibility of ND pulling that off again is making hype levels go from insane to insaner levels.

Also wonder if Boyes is going to show up like last year?
He probably will be there since he's in charge of third party stuff and they usually have their own segment during the conference.

wachie

He probably will be there since he's in charge of third party stuff and they usually have their own segment during the conference.
No I meant show up here in the GAF hype thread. He wanted suggestions for buzzwords to use during his segment.

Daria

hype levels

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Bethesda - Fallout 4
4. EA - NFS, Mass Effect, Star Wars, really everything.
5. Microsoft
5. Square Enix
7. Ubisoft
8. PC

thuway

Uncharted was a series based around the idea of the set piece. The 2nd one was mind blowing, and the third one managed to one up its predecessor. The question is- in an era where nearly every single AAA game is relying on those "set peice" moments; COD, Battlefield, and now- Final Fantasy - how can Uncharted 4 one up everyone all over again?

More importantly, it's a good idea if Uncharted 4 caps off what it started- a narrative woven with bombastic design. It wrote the rule book, here's hoping it has the last and final say over its contemporaries.

I'm just taking a wild guess here. I'm going to guess this, since I do like to guess a lot. But it might be because while I made that post in a weird manner, I might have told the person who contacted me a lot of details, like it actually being XV, and that it would be at E3, and part of what the XV E3 demo actually happened to showcase, which I'm guessing I just happened to know somehow several weeks before the show by guessing demo details like the prophet I am, and then I somehow also guessed, and told them about several other things like KH3, Sony's DRM policy, the Sly adaptation, and a bunch of other things.

This is just a guess though. Just a guess. It could also be because Modbot is enamoured with me sexually. I'm pretty firm on that last one though.

I'll happily eat a ban for you though if it will calm down your bloodlust. How long do you want me to take a timeout for? Three months? Six months?

I don't really want anyone to be banned. E3 is here next week, it'll be more fun if either I have to eat crow or you have to explain yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom