• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope for ND's output this gen:
1.UC4
2.TLOU2
3.New IP
4.New IP sequel

I think a new IP immediately after UC4 will take longer than a potential TLOU2, and since Neil is still writing the movie, his mind is always on TLOU anyway.

GamerJM

Banned
I really hope ND does something next that doesn't involve third-person shooting. I also hope they don't move to open-world.

Tapejara

I'm curious if whatever Naughty Dog make after Uncharted will be more grounded like The Last of Us, or as bombastic as Uncharted.

Edit: bombastic was the wrong word. I meant something like Uncharted in terms of set pieces.

MattyG

Banned
1.UC4
2.TLOU2
3.New IP
4.New IP sequel

I think a new IP immediately after UC4 will take longer than a potential TLOU2, and since Neil is still writing the movie, his mind is always on TLOU anyway.
That sounds like a reasonable roadmap. I can't see them going back to Jak, and they aren't going to do TLOU2 and 3 in a row, so it's got to be a new IP after 2.

I'm curious if whatever Naughty Dog make after Uncharted will be more grounded like The Last of Us, or as bombastic as Uncharted.
It's been said time and time again, but I want them to do sci-fi.

The Giant

Banned
wii_u_tatsunoko_vs_capcom_2_boxart_by_machriderz-d5g6q9e.png

Cant wait, believe.

Yes, please.

Dammit GAF. Because of the Druckmann Meme my first instinct was that he was talking about Evan Wells.

That's very understandable because Uncharted is not a man, let alone a person. Evan, of course, is. So someone who does not know that this is (seemingly) the last Uncharted game, would assume he is referring to Evan. Or, maybe he is. And maybe Evan is retiring. And maybe Neil is his successor. Lots of unlikely maybes. Though, that would be hilarious, considering all the Druckmann memes.

Tapejara

That sounds like a reasonable roadmap. I can't see them going back to Jak, and they aren't going to do TLOU2 and 3 in a row, so it's got to be a new IP after 2.

I'm wondering more how set-piece based it would be. TLoU was more about the moment-to-moment encounters, for example. If they do a Sci-Fi setting (which I agree, would be awesome), will they attempt to replicate the summer blockbuster style of Uncharted, or maybe dial it back a bit like they did with TLoU?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I sincerely hope we get a mario golf. Those games are amazingly fun.

Im also kind of shocked we haven't seen a single thing from Gorilla leak yet.

stryke

1.UC4
2.TLOU2
3.New IP
4.New IP sequel

I'd cut out New IP sequel and then I'd agree. I don't think there's enough time for a 4th title out of ND.

wachie

I'm wondering more how set-piece based it would be. TLoU was more about the moment-to-moment encounters, for example. If they do a Sci-Fi setting (which I agree, would be awesome), will they attempt to replicate the summer blockbuster style of Uncharted, or maybe dial it back a bit like they did with TLoU?
I hope its more on the lines of Uncharted, grandiose set pieces action adventure.

I'd cut out New IP sequel and then I'd agree. I don't think there's enough time for a 4th title out of ND.
Yup, the generation will last 3-4 years more maybe.

LaNaranja

Gaf, be straight with me. What are the chances of a Marvel vs Capcom 4 or a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or really any Marvel game that isn't total shit showing up at E3 this year?

That tweet kind of makes me sad.

I really hope this isn't the last we'll ever see of Uncharted. A break? Sure, but the last? That stings...

My favorite new IP of last gen.

That tweet kind of makes me sad.

I really hope this isn't the last we'll ever see of Uncharted. A break? Sure, but the last? That stings...

My favorite new IP of last gen.

I think he was saying that this is Drake's last game. They've indicated that Uncharted would continue after this. It's just that this will be the last with Drake in the lead role.

MattyG

Banned
I hope Konami announces that they have sold off their console games division.
All of Konami's executives walk on stage. Satoshi Sakamoto steps to the microphone.

"Today, we are happy to announce that we have sold all of our IP and are leaving the console games business."

Thunderous applause

"Thank you, thank you. They were all purchased by Ubisoft for one billion dollars.

One billion dollars.

Woooooooooooooooow."

The crowd erupts in boos and screams

"Love you guys."

Suddenly, he spikes a smoke bomb on the stage. When the smoke clears, only an empty stage remains. The name Konami is never uttered again.

autoduelist

There's no chance in hell we don't eventually get Uncharted 5. It might be a reboot without the number, but it'll come. The series is too beloved. It's like when they say some popular film series is a trilogy, but eventually the 4th then 5th come out.

KeRaSh

Me too. They could pull off the next Mass Effect. I really, really want them to.

Zukkoyaki

This thread surprisingly slowed down a lot even with all the heavy teasing and Verendus list. You people lost hype already?

I feel like everyone has just kind of run out of things to talk about by this point. Now we (continue to) play the waiting game until the show or something interesting leaks!

I think he was saying that this is Drake's last game. They've indicated that Uncharted would continue after this. It's just that this will be the last with Drake in the lead role.

So, this is the last Uncharted. For a lot of people including me, Drake is Uncharted. Without his funny banter, it's just another TPS to me.

Gaf, be straight with me. What are the chances of a Marvel vs Capcom 4 or a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or really any Marvel game that isn't total shit showing up at E3 this year?

Maybe but I expect Disney wouldn't really need E3 and would just announce it on their own terms.

There's no more Marvel movies this year after Antman, so they might toss an announcement of something or another in Fall just to remind people the MCU exists.

kurahador

None whatsoever. We need Battlefronts make millions first for Disney to even bat an eye to console/pc games.

last E3 = last time uncharted 4 will be shown at E3, because it will launch before E3 2016. I wouldn't consider it the last time for nate or uncharted.

Capella

last E3 = last time uncharted 4 will be shown at E3, because it will launch before E3 2016. I wouldn't consider it the last time for nate or uncharted.

I don't know...he is specifically talking about Drake and not Uncharted 4. Maybe we will see more of Uncharted at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if it was handed off to another studio.

Tagg9

I don't know...he is specifically talking about Drake and not Uncharted 4. Maybe we will see more of Uncharted at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if it was handed off to another studio.

I guarantee it's the last Uncharted that Naughty Dog is developing, but it's unlikely to be the last entry in the series. I suspect it will get a couple years break, and then come back as a reboot or prequel.

I guarantee it's the last Uncharted that Naughty Dog is developing, but it's unlikely to be the last entry in the series. I suspect it will get a couple years break, and then come back as a reboot or prequel.

Prequels usually suck so it shouldn't go that route. New protagonist and continue on. How can you guaranteed it is the last UC by ND? Have they said anything hint that they don't want to do another one after this? Just because he feels Nate's story is complete doesn't mean think the IP has nothing left. Isn't this exactly what is happening with Mass Effect and Shepard?

Me too. They could pull off the next Mass Effect. I really, really want them to.

I read some where they no interest in making RPG or open world games.

Two theories:

1. It's still far from being ready

2. They don't want it to be overshadowed by other E3 games, so they're putting it in a different direct

This is from way back a lot of pages but:

3. They're holding it back so they can pull a Twilight Princess for the NX launch.

1.UC4
2.TLOU2
3.New IP
4.New IP sequel

Hmm, I think it could go either way. It didn't sound like Neil and Bruce were very far in pre-production when they had to move over to UC4, so I guess it just depends on whether the current second team have been doing their own thing or not.

I was never a fan of the gameplay or the story of Uncharted. It was all those epic set piece moments that were straight out from a Hollywood movie that I loved so much.

I personally don't care if this is the last game of Nathan Drake, as long as we keep getting more games with more of these epic set pieces. IMO, even if UC 3 was not the best one, it had one of the best set piece moment from any UC game. The plane crash and then the desert afterwards is purely surreal experience and no game has managed to top it off for me.

Verendus - we will only know within the next year. Kagari, I don't think she's ever leaked anything.

Kagari has legit info on SE and Verendus teased DQ and other stuff That ended up happening.

That didn't stop cboat, famousmortimer and the guy with the parrot avatar.

Famousmortimer was legit, he teased the PSTV a year before it got announced and also talked about the cancelled infamous Vita game way before we knew about it.

I love Uncharted, but I want Uncharted 4 to be the last Uncharted, at least the last Uncharted developed by Naughty Dog. Also, I don't want another The Last Of Us, but I'm sure if they are going to do it, it will be great.

I believe Naughty Dog's release scedule, containing The Last Of Us 2, will be:
Uncharted 4: March 2016
The Last Of Us 2: 2018
New ip: 2020

I think the best would be to get a Naughty Dog like Pixar, a studio that makes mostly new and great ips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom