• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
I hope the rumors of “Gran Turismo Sport” are true.

My sim racing itch needs scratching on the PS4. And PCARS sadly isn't an option; there's no demo and I've read comments from too many people I trust that the controller settings (especially on default) are rubbish.

An early 2016 launch for a new GT will save me from plunking down several hundred dollars for Forza 6.

Sony already has Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and Street Fighter V for the first half of 2016. I doubt they'll crowd yet another major title in there.

jmaine_ph

My sim racing itch needs scratching on the PS4. And PCARS sadly isn't an option; there's no demo and I've read comments from too many people I trust that the controller settings (especially on default) are rubbish.

An early 2016 launch for a new GT will save me from plunking down several hundred dollars for Forza 6.
Where is this coming from?

jmaine_ph

Our friend Tidux just tweeted this

@Tidux: 3.0 #PS4

And then this

@Tidux: A little teaser before E3.

I know he's not that popular around her for being accurate but since I've been following him he's been on a good track with these things.

And then this

I know he's not that popular around her for being accurate but since I've been following him he's been on a good track with these things.

A minute segment of the major points of a HW 3.0 update is very likely

Cue to the DNLA plea

klaushm

And then this

If he is right, awesome. Cause it will be a huge step.
Else, I don't mind.

Druckmann seems really intent on ending this series -

Ayln7Lt.png

I hope they give the series a good send off and to be honest I don't want another studio picking it up.

I wonder what they'll do for there new IP? I'm hoping its still a TPS maybe like a gritty war shooter like Spec Ops: The Line or something.

And then this

Isnt he just refering to kingdom hearts 3?

Turkoop

Banned
Really have no idea why people hate Tidux
I'm following since last year and most of his leaks were right
He teased WILD for Gamescom 2014
Now he is saying Fallout will come this year

I wonder what they'll do for there new IP? I'm hoping its still a TPS maybe like a gritty war shooter like Spec Ops: The Line or something.

Their undeveloped/cancelled projects all lean to something that's somewhat sci-fi/or something with vibes of nature in a grounded sci-fi world, rooting off their Jak legacy.

Gritty war shooter doesn't really fit the vibe that their art design go for.

TomShoe

Banned
Not a fan of IP factories myself. While I understand their use from a business perspective, I feel they stifle creativity by permanently attaching a studio to one IP. Of course no one at 343i would be working their if they didn't want to be all Halo, all the time, but my point stands with things like Black Tusk and what was Shangheist.

I hope they give the series a good send off and to be honest I don't want another studio picking it up.

Nah there's like a bajillion gritty shooters out every year tyvm

YAY my account got validated right before e3 finally!! I think it is time we see something about GT and what Polyphony is doing. It is sony's biggest IP.

Sony already has Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and Street Fighter V for the first half of 2016. I doubt they'll crowd yet another major title in there.

I think you're right, but those games do have distinct audiences.

I love DriveClub but Sony's handling of GT on the PS4 to this point has been unfortunate. At least for my impatient self!

kpaadet

What's really stupid is leaving a blockbuster IP to rot away and lose relevance.

As one of the premier franchises for Sony, I'd rather see a dedicated team passionate about the IP take over rather than given to some crap team to ruin.

And as if Sony are going to leave that IP go under the radar after Uncharted 4. Its a graphical showcase, extremely successful and one of PlayStation's most recognizable IP.

You'd have to be insane to suggest that just because Naughty Dog may be closing the door on Uncharted after 4, that the franchise will be put on a shelf and left dormant.
Not every popular franchise needs to turn into Final Fantasy, sometimes they just need to die (even if they are great). Keeping old IPs alive for decades just scream lack of creativity and new ideas.

UC4 is going to be so epic. Can't wait.

Then we can move onto Savage Starlight.

MAKE SAVAGE STARLIGHT ND!

Would f'in love a character driven space epic in the likeness of maybe Lost in Space from ND.

klaushm

Not a fan of IP factories myself. While I understand their use from a business perspective, I feel they stifle creativity by permanently attaching a studio to one IP. Of course no one at 343i would be working their if they didn't want to be all Halo, all the time, but my point stands with things like Black Tusk and what was Shangheist.

Watch out. If you call for them a 4th time, they will do a Coalition.

As Sony said, it is supposed to be 2 GT games per generation, right? If they keep what they said, it must be announce now. Or they will hang that for Morpheus.

Oohhhhh shiiieeeet. What if GT is announced as a launch title for Morpheus? Awesome to the boots.

Really have no idea why people hate Tidux
I'm following since last year and most of his leaks were right
He teased WILD for Gamescom 2014
Now he is saying Fallout will come this year

As far as I recall, he was the first to mention that Sony would be holding an event in December last year as well, which turned out of course to be true with PSX.

Wait, what?! it's the last uncharted??!?!

The last Uncharted starring Nathan Drake at the very least.

klaushm

As far as I recall, he was the first to mention that Sony would be holding an event in December last year as well, which turned out of course to be true with PSX.

Yup. But not first. GopherD also hinted us about it but nobody could guess it. Maybe another one also have hinted us about it hehe.

Jigolo

Truthfully Uncharted should've ended on PS3 like all ND IPs have ended on the respective console they launched on.

PS1 - Crash Bandicoot time
PS2 - Jak and Daxter time
PS3 - Uncharted time (TLOU could've been replaced by UC)
PS4 - new IP (TLoU 1 and 2; this gen will be short. And so will the rest from here on out. Tech is advancing too quickly)
Ps5 - new IP
Ps6 - new IP
Etc
Etc

The reason we got TLoU was because the team grew bigger than ever before and had the time to create something new before the PS4 came out. Keep in mind that the 7th gen is the longest on record.

I love me some Uncharted and im personally happy we get to play as Drake one last timeon next gen hardware,but I feel the IP will be retired just like they've done it in the past (Crash and Jak).

Regarding what they will have for the PS4 life cycle I think we don't get a new IP until the PS5.

Uncharted 4 - April 2016
TLoU 2 - Fall 2018 / Summer 2019

Enter PS5 Fall 2019

Maybe he means Uncharted 4's Drake's last E3.

Last for Nathan Drake, not necessarily the last Uncharted. It is called a thief's end.

Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

Ok, thanks for easing my mind :)

Enter PS5 Fall 2019

I think that's too early, maybe 2020 or 2021. They better have backwards compatibility on that shit so no more Remasters but if there is no backwards compatibility I predict The Uncharted Collection will be Remastered as a Launch Title or 1st year.

Haven't gone into the thread but was there any elaboration? Is GT Sport the title for GT7 or something different altogether?

No elaboration. All he posted was something along the lines of, “GT Sport. Interesting.” From what I understand Amar is connected and a trusted source for things like these.

This is the third E3 for Sony and the PS4. Even if it's not a 2015 release, GT has to make an appearance. Right?

Truthfully Uncharted should've ended on PS3 like all ND IPs have ended on the respective console they launched on.

PS1 - Crash Bandicoot time
PS2 - Jak and Daxter time
PS3 - Uncharted time (TLOU could've been replaced by UC)
PS4 - new IP (TLoU 1 and 2; this gen will be short. And so will the rest from here on out. Tech is advancing too quickly)
Ps5 - new IP
Ps6 - new IP
Etc
Etc

The reason we got TLoU was because the team grew bigger than ever before and had the time to create something new before the PS4 came out. Keep in mind that the 7th gen is the longest on record.

I love me some Uncharted and im personally happy we get to play as Drake one last timeon next gen hardware,but I feel the IP will be retired just like they've done it in the past (Crash and Jak).

Regarding what they will have for the PS4 life cycle I think we don't get a new IP until the PS5.

Uncharted 4 - April 2016
TLoU 2 - Fall 2018 / Summer 2019

Enter PS5 Fall 2019

No that makes no sense.....Sony would be nuts, Uncharted 4 will be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom