• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legitimately believe we are going to get an F-Zero announcement this year from Nintendo. It'll be a new game either for the Wii U or for NX. With that announcement will come a sale of F-Zero games on virtual console.

I am not even slightly joking about this
If there was any chance of F-Zero coming back they would give a more optimistic non-answer when asked about it. Even Metroid gets a "we're looking to cater to both styles of Metroid"

F-Zero gets a "oh, well the controller...uh....innovation.....uh.............yep"

I want to believe but I....I just can't :(

I look at it like this. The less hype I am for E3, the more surprised I'll be when a legit shocker actually happens. Until then, E3 is going to be shit and nothing will change that, not even a surprise appearance from CBOAT himself.

I just base my expectations on what the companies are saying going in. Like Microsoft last year, they hyped it up really huge going into it and then their big announcements were a remaster collection we already knew about (that also turned out broken) and three 2016 games debuted in pre-rendered trailer form (one of which was cancelled 7 months later). Even though their show may've been a better overall show than Sony or Nintendo's, Microsoft's was the only conference I came out disappointed by.

All they need is a 2 minute video of people wearing it and hyping it up. Then have someone come out and say "It's coming next year with these specs and this price. try it for yourself on the floor". Then move on.

The Vita marketing strategy? Brilliant idea!

ito007

I'd settle with F-Zero GX HD with the arcade tracks and online support. That game was amazing! Nostalgia isn't speaking either, I just played it like 3 or 4 months ago.
I was thinking of something like this. I would not be surprised if this happened. I just have a feeling F-Zero is coming. It'll be coupled with one of those patented Gaf meltdowns as well.

Not

Banned
ZELDA WILL STILL APPEAR

pls Goddesses

I mean, if it doesn't that means they don't want to hype it this year, which means they don't want to hype it for the Wii U, which means essentially Zelda NX confirmed without a doubt.

Bsigg12

Shiet, how far along is the hype train coming? I don't know if I can hop on yet, just finished exams, played some GTA O. I want to start getting hyped, still not sure if I should buy a PS4 prior to E3 or the day after. Hmmmm

I predict Fallout 4 will come out this year. Maybe December, to maximize the marketing hype machine time period.

If Fallout 4 is scheduled for this year, there is no way they miss Black Friday.

I legitimately believe we are going to get an F-Zero announcement this year from Nintendo. It'll be a new game either for the Wii U or for NX. With that announcement will come a sale of F-Zero games on virtual console.

I am not even slightly joking about this

Well, we're gonna get some announcements from Nintendo. F-Zero could be one of them.

I'm personally banking on Animal Crossing and Metroid.

Well, we're gonna get some announcements from Nintendo. F-Zero could be one of them.

I'm personally banking on Animal Crossing and Metroid.

Animal crossing would be great with the tablet controller. So many possible uses.
Crafting and designing of patterns and furniture
having your fish-tank with all the stuff you caught
typewriter for messages and dialogue
browsing tom nooks catalogue
minigame-stuff

Tregard

Soothsayer
IDK, they could hold it back for NX launch.

Assuming NX is gonna launch with a 3D Mario (Source: My ass) I don't think they'd need another big hitter for launch like Metroid, they'd be better served putting it out now, and getting a quick turnaround for a Metroid Prime 5 on NX (See also: My ass)

Circinus

Same. I hope Sony doesn't dedicate any of their presser to VR. The pressers should be solely about the games...preferably ones that aren't for VR.

I think that's too bad for you then, because they definitely will and they would be stupid not to I think. :) Expect VR and AR two be two big technological trends in consumer electronics going forward. SCE and Sony seems to have done a great job with their VR HMD and some of the game concepts / demos they have definitely look pretty promising.

It kind of is though, it requires them to demo it with motion controls ... Morpheus should not be at the conference same with HoloLens with MS. Same issue.

And again, I think it doesn't really matter. They can just show a pre-recorded gameplay segment from a VR game as well.

But a live demo is obviously always more convincing. Motion controls are just fine to me. I didn't see any issues with the Skyward Sword live gameplay demo at E3 2011/2010 in terms of presentability (though there was a significant calibration issue at their E3 2010 Skyward Sword live gameplay demonstration :p).

Are these games gonna be played with a regular controller or motion? If motion it just turns me off the concept even more.

There will be VR games with regular controller and VR games with motion controls. And games that will be compatible with a multitude of input methods I think.

Personally, I'm happy that motion controls are emerging again. Games with great 1:1 motion controls can be really awesome, intense and satisfying if done right. (no waggling)

Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword for example were awesome thanks to their great motion controls in my humble opinion.

I still want to get a PS Move as well at some point and purchase some PS3 Move games. :) And maybe I should consider Razer Hydra for PC as well. :)

VR being demo'd at their events is one thing. It shouldn't have much time, if any, in their presser though, IMO.

I disagree. E3 is the most publicized event of the year within the video game industry. E3 2015 will be the E3 before the launch of Project Morpheus (by E3 2016, Morpheus should already have launched). So, E3 2015 is going to be a significant spotlight for Morpheus I think. It's the event where they need to convince people that VR is going to be a significant 'medium' for video games and where they need to show people how amazing Morpheus is.

Well, technically we could argue that Horizon 'leaked.' =P

And no one would be remotely surprised at Uncharted Collection announcement for this E3.

TLG Prediction :

It'll show either this year or next year, but it'll be released within the same calendar year of reveal.

Circinus

By the way, I was wondering, is the Project Morpheus VR HMD designed and manufactured solely by Sony Computer Entertainment internally (at SCEA R&D 'Magic Lab')?

Or did they get help from their parent company / other branches; from Sony's expertise in optics, design and electronics?

You could say that about any game being presented. You can only watch it and imagine how it would feel to experience playing the game. Same thing here. They're not going to be able to convey the 'magic' of VR but they can show off gameplay as well as any other game imo.

Exactly. ^.^ This is what I'm trying to say as well.

Ito

Why do people keep saying that Nintendo will show Zelda U if they already stated they won't?

Do you guys know something that I don't?

By the way, I was wondering, is the Project Morpheus VR HMD designed and manufactured by solely Sony Computer Entertainment internally (at SCEA R&D 'Magic Lab')?

Or did they get help from their parent company / other branches; from Sony's expertise in optics, design and electronics?

Richard Marks, in various interviews, did bring up cross-division stuff like optics, etc as part of their core competencies in developing the Morpheus.

Though we don't really know how deep the rabbit hole goes. I mean, SCEI technically has their own design & hardware team that's separate from the the Electronics business division of Sony.

Tregard

Soothsayer
A lot of people are predicting Nintendo Vs. Capcom, which I find very interesting. Do people think it would play like Marvel Vs. Capcom?

The hype train got me thinking about Playstation All-Stars 2, and just how much they could fix it. Part of me wants to make a roster. I think I will...

Eolz

A lot of people are predicting Nintendo Vs. Capcom, which I find very interesting. Do people think it would play like Marvel Vs. Capcom?

Or rather like Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
Can't see that happening this gen now that Smash has DLC, and that the WiiU might be replaced as soon as the end of next year.

So this E3 will be a gimmick show again? Show me the games for my console and not some gimmicks that will be abandoned after a year.
Yes i think that morpheus and hololens are gimmicks.

scrambles

Neo Member
I think MS are going to make their demos accessible through streaming to anyone at the conference. MS recently came out with this thumbstick/dongle called Miracast that can stream from PCs and Servers. I have the strangest feeling like they are going to either provide one to everyone at the conference, and stream from their servers or they will use cloud.

http://www./2015/04/28/xbox-one-wir...oday-for-preview-members-heres-how-to-get-it/

woops, sorry. Didn't know it was banned. Looking for a better source

SDCowboy

So this E3 will be a gimmick show again? Show me the games for my console and not some gimmicks that will be abandoned after a year.
Yes i think that morpheus and hololens are gimmicks.

So much this. If the pressers this year are largely about VR or the like, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. I want to see games, games and more games. Not a neat but likely extremely niche (IMO), peripheral.

My interests and knowledge are mainly centred around Bethesda, Sony and Nintendo so I will just focus on my predictions for them.

Bethesda (Sunday)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (Sales stats + trailer for upcoming expansions)
  • The Evil Within Game of The Year Edition announced
  • Dishonored II (Teaser)
  • Doom (Extensive stage demo + release October 2015)
  • Fallout 4 (Extensive stage demo + release window 2016)
  • New IP (Teaser)

Sony (Monday)
  • Uncharted 4 (Story trailer + release date Q1/Q2 2016)
  • Introduction and PS4 sales figures
  • PS4 gets a price drop
  • Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • Rime (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • The Witness (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • Playstation Now is rolling out worldwide Q1 2016
  • Indie montage for PS Vita/PS4
  • Day of The Tentacle Special Edition (Trailer + release window Q1 2016)
  • Project Morpheus (demo and release window 2016)
  • Sony Bend’s open-world horror game (Gameplay demo/trailer hybrid on Project Morpheus)
  • No Man’s Sky (Trailer + release date Q4 2015, is Project Morpheus compatible)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (Trailer, more at TGS + release date Q1 2016)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (Teaser + release window 2016)
  • Bloodborne DLC (new 1x chalice dungeon + story content) (Trailer + release month)
  • Destiny DLC (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • Until Dawn (Launch trailer + release date for two weeks after E3)
  • God of War 3 Remastered (Trailer, releases July 14th/16th)
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (Trailer + release date Q4 2015)
  • WiLD (Demo + Release window Q3/4 2016)
  • Project Horizon (Teaser trailer, No release window)
  • Level-5 Project (Ni No Kuni 2) (Teaser trailer, no release window, more at TGS)
  • Persona 5 (Update + possible gameplay trailer, more at TGS)
  • Project Trico (Teaser Trailer, more at TGS, releases in Q4 2015) (Yes, I am saying that this will probably happen.)

Nintendo (Tuesday) (Collaboration with the TV Show Community where the cast is cosplaying as Nintendo characters)
  • Animal Crossing U (Trailer + release window early 2016)
  • Discussion about Animal Crossing and announcement of Animal Crossing Amiibo
  • Announcement of release months for remaining Amiibo
  • Smash Bros character DLC (Snake or Shovel Knight, or both)
  • Mother 3 is coming to Virtual Console to celebrate Lucas’ arrival in Smash Bros
  • GBA and SNES Virtual Console titles coming to New Nintendo 3DS
  • Super Metroid 2 (3DS) (Trailer + release date November 20th 2015)
  • Another major Wii title (Either Twilight Princess or Super Mario Galaxy 1) is coming to New 3DS (Gameplay demo + no release date)
  • Pokemon X-2/Y-2 (Trailer + release November 2015)
  • Mario Maker (Demo + release date Q3 2015)
  • DeNA Mobile games previewed and one is released the day of E3 Presentation
  • Devil’s Third (Short trailer + release date August 2015)
  • Fatal Frame: Shrine of The Black Haired Maiden (Demo + release date October 2015)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (English trailer and release October 2015)
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Story trailer)
  • Starfox (Extensive demo with Miyamoto + release date November 20th 2015)
  • Fire Emblem (Demo + release window Early 2016)
  • Retro Studios Project (Not Metroid) (Gameplay trailer + release window Q4 2016) (Will be the final Wii U title)
  • The Legend of Zelda is not shown but hinted and jabbed at in other segments during presentation.

Sony (Monday)
  • Uncharted 4 (Story trailer + release date Q1/Q2 2016)
  • Introduction and PS4 sales figures
  • PS4 gets a price drop
  • Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • Rime (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • The Witness (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • Playstation Now is rolling out worldwide Q1 2016
  • Indie montage for PS Vita/PS4
  • Day of The Tentacle Special Edition (Trailer + release window Q1 2016)
  • Project Morpheus (demo and release window 2016)
  • Sony Bend’s open-world horror game (Gameplay demo/trailer hybrid on Project Morpheus)
  • No Man’s Sky (Trailer + release date Q4 2015, is Project Morpheus compatible)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (Trailer, more at TGS + release date Q1 2016)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (Teaser + release window 2016)
  • Bloodborne DLC (new 1x chalice dungeon + story content) (Trailer + release month)
  • Destiny DLC (Trailer + release date Q3 2015)
  • Until Dawn (Launch trailer + release date for two weeks after E3)
  • God of War 3 Remastered (Trailer, releases July 14th/16th)
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (Trailer + release date Q4 2015)
  • WiLD (Demo + Release window Q3/4 2016)
  • Project Horizon (Teaser trailer, No release window)
  • Level-5 Project (Ni No Kuni 2) (Teaser trailer, no release window, more at TGS)
  • Persona 5 (Update + possible gameplay trailer, more at TGS)
  • Project Trico (Teaser Trailer, more at TGS, releases in Q4 2015) (Yes, I am saying that this will probably happen.)

If this list happened it would be amazing. And save a few points I think it's very likely. Maybe take out GT5 and TLG and add in Ratchet and Clank for an October 2015 release and i'd say this is probably a safe bet.

Coxy

As dumb as this sounds, and Duckroll shut me up about this once- I think it would be really cool for Square Enix to go back to the vault and find unreleased JRPGs like Terranigma, or the last Seiken Denetsu on SNES--- and port them over to the Vita/PS4. It would be a megaton for someone like me. #BUILDTHELIST :'(

Front Mission 4 & 5 HD would be incredible for me at least

Aaron D.

amlX6Hf.png

I predict that crowd-surfing cows with not be present at E3 like they were at the most recent gamescom.

Oh EU, why are you so cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom