• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Convention Center and Showfloor pictures

Jachaos

100 posts per page master race can get spoiled, we're on a new page now.

(Don't go back to the previous page if you don't want to get spoiled some recent Game of Thrones stuff from what I understand)

Yeah, New page would be great. Let's all sift through Scatter's post history for their potential interests and bombard the next page with gifs of things they're currently enjoying.

just kidding! That'd only cause more problems with innocent people

DieH@rd

Banned
Please someone explain the story behind this pic/guy...have seen it in other threads and still do not get it...

This is all creation of the crazy Kojima [and his longtime friend Geoff Keighley], a true master of amazing PR.

MGSV was originally announced only as "The Phantom Pain", a brand new horror game created by the Moby Dick Studios from Sweden. Konami and Kojima were not mentioned, but Detective-GAF instantly recognized the engine, Big Boss, MGS1 easter eggs and more. However, Geoff/Konami/Kojima all claimed that mysterious Moby Dick Studios is making that game, not Konami. Eventually, after A LOT OF HYPE, Geoff landed an "exclusive interview" with the head of that mysterious studio, Joakim Mogren.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jF1ijPnPQ

This totally insane interview only elevated already fever pitch hype, with half of the GAF starting a movement that Geoff was talkign to a CGI charachter. :D :D

Eventually at GDC 2013, Kojima unveiled the truth [that we all known, but GAF had a lot of fun during that time]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qhPoT4coOI

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
this looks like a game render lmao
DVT34OM.gif

fGdbNi3.png
GAF on point.
I'm so ready. I wish I could go on blackout to avoid all the insider spoilers that might happen. But I belong to GAF. So it ain't happening.

Jachaos

Yeah, New page would be great. Let's all sift through Scatter's post history for their potential interests and bombard the next page with gifs of things they're currently enjoying.

just kidding! That'd only cause more problems with innocent people

That would worse since he had no malicious intent though, he probably just didn't realize he shouldn't post recent stuff be it from games or other media.

Please someone explain the story behind this pic/guy...have seen it in other threads and still do not get it...
Guy who introduced that insanity to GAF, here.

Before MGS V was formally announced, it was shown as a "new IP" entitled "The Phantom Pain" by 'Moby Dick Studios' and their CEO 'Jokahim Mogren'. He's the bandaged wierd, who did some strange interviews with Keighley. Everybody was confused what the point of this whole stunt was, and I saw on /v/ a theory suggesting that 'Jokahim' was a tech demo for Fox engine on next gen. I posted it to the GAF thread about the interview, and people latched onto it. Commenced a few weeks of directing every frame, looking at light reflections on the eyes, and the tiniest detail in search of a 'tell'. Eventually Kojima formally announced the game, and the jig was up.

People are insane when it comes to Kojima. They truly believe he is capable of anything, including CG facial tech that outpaces just about anything else ever seen. Some people sincerely believed that he planted a fake story about a doctor doing head transplant surgery as viral marketing.

A CG head looks pretty viable to those people.

I think the Uncharted demo last pretty much proved how improved & varied the core combat will be, so I hope they don't pull a UC3 and show too much, I'd rather have just a multiplayer blowout at E3.

jbttwin

Ahh I was wondering when things were gonna start going up around the convention center. Starting to feel soooo real now.

So last time we saw Uncharted, we saw a more sandbox approach to taking out some enemies...

Are we getting a giant setpiece this time? What can top the crazy collapsing building and sinking ship?

ValfarHL

Yup. They're saying this is the last Uncharted.

Seeing as how popular the franchise is, I doubt it, Probably the last one from Naughty Dog though.

Yeah, I hope Nathans journey comes to an end, as the game title suggests. If Druckman is hyped, so am I! I know from the making of TLoU documentary, getting ready for E3 is no joke for the naughty gods.

Top Bottom