• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Convention Center and Showfloor pictures

The Giant

Banned
fGdbNi3.png

I swear this gets posted every year.

Rajack

Sadly, E3's days could be numbered if Stan Kroenke has his way. He intends to tear down the LA Convention Center to build a new Football Stadium for whatever team decides they want to relocate.

farisr

Sadly, E3's days could be numbered if Stan Kroenke has his way. He intends to tear down the LA Convention Center to build a new Football Stadium for whatever team decides they want to relocate.

E3 is not tied to the LA Convention Center. They can just move to another venue if the convention center gets torn down. Although it usually takes place at the LA Convention Center, E3 97, 98 were held in Atlanta, and 2007 was in Santa Monica.

Rajack

E3 is not tied to the LA Convention Center. They can just move to another venue if the convention center gets torn down. Although it usually takes place at the LA Convention Center, E3 97, 98 were held in Atlanta, and 2007 was in Santa Monica.

Before they move it though they will have to consider their options and decide whether or not its even worth moving the trade show to begin with. Less and less companies are having a major presence at the show every year, and it may reach a tipping point that the organizers decide its just not worth moving and can the whole thing.

farisr

Before they move it though they will have to consider their options and decide whether or not its even worth moving the trade show to begin with. Less and less companies are having a major presence at the show every year, and it may reach a tipping point that the organizers decide its just not worth moving and can the whole thing.

I don't know, if they can survive the downsize of 2007, I think they can survive pretty much anything. As long as the big three are there, there will always be an E3 imo (and no I'm not just saying that the big three all by themselves, but them being there will still attract enough companies to have a presence and keep E3 going)

Moofers

They are often used as marketing for big games Rockstar has used it a lot I think.

skyrim-advert.jpg

grandtheftauto-cp-4748468.jpg

https://youtu.be/po3IaWq5kVI

The actual buildings are close to E3 and have been used as an advertising billboard for games in the past. Although I think lately they've been Apple advertising.

Sony's going big with Uncharted.

Looks like a Half-life 3 troll.

Thanks everyone. I have seen those buildings in the past. I remember FFXIII using them too. I just didn't understand (and still don't) the joke behind that image that I quoted.

weekev

Banned
Damn, i was trying to avoid the hype this year, but with 1 week to go.....all aboard! HL3, TLG, Shenmue 3 and Metroid! #believe

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This is what's on the Figueroa hotel btw, it hasn't been occupied by E3 for years

nLCdQ3z.jpg

No banner yet on other entrance

S8s3Pov.jpg

Closer shot to Uncharted 4 entrance

SPfZcFA.jpg

Top Bottom