• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

Pompadour

Frankly, his moveset isn't crazy. Mashing and TAP-style button holds have been in Street Fighter since the II series, they're just accompanied by command and charge moves. The only really new special move command is the PP/KK stuff.

This is how you know that Balrog raised Ed:

7ZFPs7k.png

Code:
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdb3877OvRnCGpmAlQTu1l5JL8IunBwM7qiWnZIDz8Ttb4ivrV[/IMG]
[IMG]https://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/jordan-westbrook-0-red-release-date.jpg[/IMG]

Endo Punk

Great move set but the design is enough to put me off. Opposite of Kolin where I like the design but the moves were off-putting. Hope next character delivers both.

Obscura

Just echoing most others: horrible design, awesome moveset. The lack of input commands is bothersome though. Mostly because I suck at held button commands.

^^^
That's Alpha series...

Man his default outfit is horrendous, there's snk characters that'd give that design the side eye. Thank goodness for the story outfit, it's boring but at least it ain't a travesty.

His gameplay looks cool but idk about those inputs, I'd have to play him to see how I felt about it... seems kinda lame at a glance though.

Wallach

I actually don't think he has a TAP; the notation on Psycho Knuckle isn't for a negative edge move. It's probably more like Zangief's s.HP that becomes a special if you hold it for the full duration (so it will auto-fire at max).

Village

This is how you know that Balrog raised Ed:

7ZFPs7k.png

Code:
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdb3877OvRnCGpmAlQTu1l5JL8IunBwM7qiWnZIDz8Ttb4ivrV[/IMG]
[IMG]https://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/jordan-westbrook-0-red-release-date.jpg[/IMG]

Raised him right

ElFly

it's really dumb to simplify all his controls as much as possible....but keep his super a double fireball

Mista Koo

His look is even more boring and generic than Kolin's. Funny how his basic alt is his best one.
Wasn't interested in him before seeing his moveset. I wanna try him now.

I love this alt outfit so much
The tights under the shorts ruin it.

With his special inputs just being button presses it's clear he's made with people who struggle with the input barrier in fighting games & need some extra help. Kind like special education for fighting gamers. Hence his name Ed. Special Ed.
Classy!

BlizzKrut

Banned
His look is even more boring and generic than Kolin's. Funny how his basic alt is his best one.
Wasn't interested in him before seeing his moveset. I wanna try him now.

The tights under the shorts ruin it.

Classy!

Seriously? His look is anything but generic.

Wallach

Yeah, this makes zero sense.

not sure if you mean you'd rather it was charge, but I think charge makes less sense than QCF

and you don't get to have a CA that does not have multiple directional inputs unless you remove its ability to be a reversal, which would make it a pretty shit CA

Dali

So far all the new characters have been pretty decent looking, except maybe FANG. Nothing as absolutely horrendous as Rufus or El Fuerte though... at least not yet.

Giolon

Jesus he doesn't even look like Ed at all. First Kolin/Helen, now Ed -- why does Capcom keep completely remodeling these characters and making them look nothing like they did from Story mode?

Looks terrible.

Zissou

not sure if you mean you'd rather it was charge, but I think charge makes less sense than QCF

and you don't get to have a CA that does not have multiple directional inputs unless you remove its ability to be a reversal, which would make it a pretty shit CA

If you wanna do simplified inputs, you should go all the way or not bother.

kirblar

Jesus he doesn't even look like Ed at all. First Kolin/Helen, now Ed -- why does Capcom keep completely remodeling these characters and making them look nothing like they did from Story mode?

Looks terrible.
He looks like Abel. As he should.

Top Bottom