• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree No Summon Hardcore Git Gud Club

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This thread is for the gigachads who will beat Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree without NPC summons, PC summons, or ash summons during boss fights. It’s just you and the 40+ bosses. Post your experiences here. Remember, pain is merely weakness leaving the body.

Use spoiler tags as appropriate.

zlGEgfI.jpeg

Ellery

Exactly. Only thing I need are lots of points in Strength Health Endurance and swinging my big boy 2 handed weapon.

My health bar will stretch all over the screen while my mana bar is too small to even cast the most basic of spells.

Nothing better than being all despair on your own in the complete darkness of a poisonous environment and there is no light, no friends, but only you and whatever evil surrounds you.

My +10 Mimic Tear is ready to spread my small dick energy over all the 60 hours of the DLC
I'll join the small dick energy club too. I have a +10 mimic tear on standby as well as my Moonveil and Katana. Best of luck to those soloing the entire expansion!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
This is the way. This is how a real Souls experience should be, especially without magic/ranged. I don't think Guts used summons. When I finished the game, I realized that the katana with bleed effect was considered OP, and even that annoyed me. I'm gonna change it for this dlc.

Zheph

I bodied that scrub literally first try yesterday. Get rekt, Lord of Blood. More like "Lord of Trash", amirite.

My +10 Mimic ashes carried my dumb ass insanely hard. It is unreal how powerful it is
The "funny thing" is that Mimic got nerfed many times, it was absolutely wild af on release

Lux R7

yeah i'm planning to do this, i just did it in the base game with my new char created for shadows of the erdtree, so let's go

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I forgot ash summons were even a thing.

Will definitely start by summoning nothing but can see myself using ashes eventually. Not played ER since it first came out and I'm completely rusted over.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The way it's meant to played, anything else is easy mode. :lollipop_tongue:

It'll be a while until I jump in tho, want to play SMT V first.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Everyone uses the mimic tear summon but I find the wolves are better a lot of times because they do a great job of grab a bosses attention. 🤷‍♂️

Thief1987

Isn't it just a natural thing? Why even play these games if you are using cheats to beat them.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I'll join the small dick energy club too. I have a +10 mimic tear on standby as well as my Moonveil and Katana. Best of luck to those soloing the entire expansion!
I go in with the mindset of no summons like the base game, but if we really get a Malenia round 2 level boss I will likely save myself 8 hours of suffering and mimic that boss.

kikkis

Gold Member
I think spirit ashes were a failure of a game design. I think they ramped up some bosses bullshit meter because of them, but I don't think fighting with ashes is nearly as fun as without them.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think spirit ashes were a failure of a game design. I think they ramped up some bosses bullshit meter because of them, but I don't think fighting with ashes is nearly as fun as without them.
Nah. It’s one of their smartest design choices ever.

So many people asking for easy mode in games, and now they have it through using summons and bitch made magic.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I like this, but here is thing. I haven’t finished this game and have 500 hours. That probably means I spend a lot of hours fighting getting killed not just by bosses, starting over and rinse and repeating till I find away (mostly luck).

I want to join your club but all of this is happening with my summons when I can and every dang time I can! Take from this what you will.

I also feel the need let you know I feel like you are putting up barriers of being good to join your awesome cool person club and will talk to my lawyer about remedies for this situation. You and your “Git Gud” players will rue the the day!

Good day.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Whelp. I definitely used summons especially early on. I guess I need to replay it from the start to join the club?

skneogaf

I wasn't planning to as I used a few summons on the main game, especially when fighting multiple bosses.

I had already planned to do a new game in the future of no summons run.

Hmmm

I'll try it and keep leveling up till it's possible if I'm stuck on a boss.

I felt constant shame when I used summons so it does make sense to do it.

Top Bottom