• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

convo

50% off BB central fiction is tempting, but i really have to have no doubt that i am not getting burned with another extend version of the game. Is there any doubt of that happening? I can not be confident.

50% off BB central fiction is tempting, but i really have to have no doubt that i am not getting burned with another extend version of the game. Is there any doubt of that happening? I can not be confident.

There's almost no chance of extend happening. The developers confirmed it which I know isn't really a big endorsement but their next project isn't even a fighting game. If you play the game's story, they pretty much wrap up the series, at least the story arc that started with the first game. So if there is a BB game in the future (which I hope there is), it'll probably be a complete reboot to the series like GGXrd.

So yes I think you should pick it up. It's an excellent game in terms of having lots of features and the online is booming right now. It's a great time to jump in if you enjoy the series.

Really wish Soul Caliber 2 Online was on PS4. Would have loved to play a SC since it's been so long since SC5. I'm assuming the online is pretty dead anyway.

For those interested in Gravity Rush 2, this is a great opportunity to pick up the first game on PS4. That is an absolutely great price for an absolutely great game.

Trials of Cold Steel will finally be mine. I've been waiting a good time to pick up the first and give it a try. If I like it I'll grab the second one as well.

I have no idea why SIEE always throw that stupid "Up to 60% Off" tag on their sales when they always have discounts that go higher than that. They're terrible salesmen.

convo

There's almost no chance of extend happening. The developers confirmed it which I know isn't really a big endorsement but their next project isn't even a fighting game. If you play the game's story, they pretty much wrap up the series, at least the story arc that started with the first game. So if there is a BB game in the future (which I hope there is), it'll probably be a complete reboot to the series like GGXrd.

So yes I think you should pick it up. It's an excellent game in terms of having lots of features and the online is booming right now. It's a great time to jump in if you enjoy the series.

So besides maybe dlc characters i don't have worry about another re-release. I mostly worried about some weird side story stuff happening again. I like the series a whole lot but feeling like wasting my money is just terrible.
I shall believe you then.

So besides maybe dlc characters i don't have worry about another re-release. I mostly worried about some weird side story stuff happening again. I like the series a whole lot but feeling like wasting my money is just terrible.
I shall believe you then.

Yeah trust me, the story wraps up pretty well. They do leave a few small loose threads here and then which I won't spoil (because they are actually kind of cool), but overall Ragna's story is pretty much over. All the side stories this time are already included in this game already. While playing the main storyline, you'll have the option to play smaller side stories for various characters.

So yeah the only thing they might add in the future are some DLC characters like Jubei. I'm not sure why they never made him to begin with with all these iterations. But yeah otherwise you're getting a very well rounded package here. Plus the roster is the biggest and best its ever been.

Fuck it.

Bought Knack and Resistance.

$11.90AUD
kqz1pzs.gif

Bloodborne for €20 huh, think I'm finally going to buy it. I don't have Plus atm, but don't really care about getting invaded. Do I miss out on anything not having plus?

wbEMX

YAKUZA 4 for 7 €
FUCKING. FINALLY. Insta-bought.

Will get Steins;Gate and Virginia at a later point, I think. Or is Virginia a good candidate for PS+?

Ardenyal

I have no idea why SIEE always throw that stupid "Up to 60% Off" tag on their sales when they always have discounts that go higher than that. They're terrible salesmen.
Probably to avoid having to mention that you need ps+ and need to be in this or that region etc. So many variables.

Karu

Then they should just avoid using percentages entirely. They're under-selling their own sales, it's really fucking dumb.
Eh. 60% might be that eye catcher for random user x. And if that game he wants is suddenly 90% rather than 60% off? - what a deal!

Benedict

Is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel connected to the Trails in the Sky games or can I play it without losing context?
I've played the first TitS game but not the second and it's not on sale.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is on sale though at an acceptable price.

Eh. 60% might be that eye catcher for random user x. And if that game he wants is suddenly 90% rather than 60% off? - what a deal!

I guess but I'm thinking of the people who look at the sale, go "oh, only 60% off" and walk away.

Is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel connected to the Trails in the Sky games or can I play it without losing context?
I've played the first TitS game but not the second and it's not on sale.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is on sale though at an acceptable price.

Same world, different setting, story and cast. You'll be fine.

Might get rise of the Tomb Raider, but haven't even played the definitive edition yet!

Probably prudent to wait for the flash sale stateside first...

Staf

Hmm, will bite on the XCOM 2 DLCs for that price! Anyone know if they fixed the loading times on PS4 since the launch?

Freeman76

Hmm, will bite on the XCOM 2 DLCs for that price! Anyone know if they fixed the loading times on PS4 since the launch?

No it appears they have abandoned the game as it sold poorly. Its listed on psn under pro titles but hasnt even got pro support :(

Siegmeyer

Bloodborne for €20 huh, think I'm finally going to buy it. I don't have Plus atm, but don't really care about getting invaded. Do I miss out on anything not having plus?

Well you won't be able to co-op either, which is a great way to learn bosses if you're struggling. Also, i assume you won't be able to see messages on the ground left by other players, and they can be pretty useful.

However it's a good price for GOTG, and is absolutely worth playing through offline. I'd wager that many players with PS+ played through it offline by choice and still had a great time.

mandiller

Is Bloodborne GOTY worth the extra price over the standard game?

Are you new to Souls games? I was when I bought Bloodborne. It's an awesome game and well worth buying but unless you're super duper into those games and difficulty I don't think the DLC is necessary. The base game is pretty long and plenty difficult. Good price too. If you've played Dark Souls before and know you love the genre and that you'll finish it then go for the GOTY version with DLC too

DagsJT

Are you new to Souls games? I was when I bought Bloodborne. It's an awesome game and well worth buying but unless you're super duper into those games and difficulty I don't think the DLC is necessary. The base game is pretty long and plenty difficult. Good price too. If you've played Dark Souls before and know you love the genre and that you'll finish it then go for the GOTY version with DLC too

Not really played Dark Souls, I played a little and it was too frustrating so never went back to it hah!

It's cheaper to buy the game and DLC separately. At least on UK PSN.

Interesting, thanks!

Withnail

Might get The Fall for £3.29. Also finally a sale on Salt & Sanctuary but I think I'm going to pass this time.

100% purchases are..

Dark Souls III
Titan Souls
Hyper Light Drifter

Thinking about..

Naruto

Hyper Light Drifter isn't on sale though? Would be interested if it was.

Top Bottom