• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Lego City could blow the franchise wide open/save the WiiU [Dont port beg]

BearPawB

Banned
thats also from about 9 months ago

Oh no doubt, i was just curious if anyone knew if it was something they are addressing/had more recent footage of someone driving. Because I think this game has massive potential...and i would really hate for controls to be its downfall

deviljho

Might have been answered, but what is the chance of this game coming to ps4/nextbox?

lcu-surprisedkkcm.gif

-MB-

It does look very very good, but I can't see it saving the WiiU
especially when it gets ported anyway

Only it won't get ported because it's fully Nintendo funded and not just published, and no it's not going to save a system that doesn't need saving to begin with anyway.

sense

i honestly think this game is going to come out for other platforms in some form as well probably in like 6 months.

tha_devil

MY bad...didnt really follow it. Only knew about bayonetta 2 being an exclusive.

Well im sure il pick up a wiiu down the line somewhere. But im getting a ps4 at launch, and still have a huge ps3/wii/gamecube backlog. Also have a 3ds so that keeps my nintendo itch satisfied.

Am I the only one more interested about this game than GTAV, after playing GTAIV?

Thanks to Nintendo we can have very different play experiences!!

Davey Cakes

"Saving the Wii U" is hyperbole, but a quality Nintendo-published game like this will definitely improve the system's game library and make it more appealing in the long run.

Basically, I don't think a single game can "save" anything, but every strong development will help the Wii U situation turn around.

As for the game itself, I have never played a Lego game and I've never really been into GTA, but previews of Lego City Undercover make it look like boatloads of fun. The elements of satire and comedy make it really attractive as a "not taking itself seriously" experience, and the philosophy behind the open-world design (i.e. platforming on top of buildings) is very sound.

Anth0ny

it's not going to save shit

it'll sell like 20 copies

that's a pretty big chunk of the install base but it's not going to get new people to buy the console

i honestly think that you don't read the thread you are posting in

Or at all followed the game the thread is for.

it's not going to save shit

it'll sell like 20 copies

that's a pretty big chunk of the install base but it's not going to get new people to buy the console

Don't worry, after Nintendo ports it to the Durango/PS4/Vita it'll sell like 20 millions on each, or to just a fraction of a percent of their first year install bases. Just think of what it will do when Nintendo gets the iPad port out.

why do i feel like banging my head on a brick wall

Does your wall have room for one more?

Seriously though, I do hope the grand account culling comes more quickly this time. I don't want to have to deal with months and months of this like I did for the Wii and 3DS.

Hiltz

Anyone else think it's perfect timing for this game and Monster Hunter U to come out for the system???

I mean, those two games alone(if you choose to play them) will last tons of hours/maybe weeks/maybe months and then the games should start appearing.

Yeah, they could have used a game or two like this at launch but I am glad they didn't rush this particular robust game.

Lego City has a chance to sell well and give Wii U a much needed boost in hardware sales. I just hope Nintendo does more to promote it. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will likely sell under 150k copies during its month of release, but it will fill in that hardcore niche spot. In terms of content, I agree that both games are gonna give gamers a great amount of time to spend time on while early adopters wait for new game releases in the mean time. Monster Hunter so awesome to have this early on for a new console release, and it has like 70% more content than MH Tri too.

PopeReal

It does look very very good, but I can't see it saving the WiiU especially when it gets ported anyway.

I didn't know LEGO games stirred up GAF so much.

Anyway looking forward to it, the idea of an open world LEGO game sounds fun. The writing for the games looks to be pretty good as well. And 100 cars to unlock, not bad!

slit

I was NEVER intrested in a Lego game before.

I don't even have a WIIU yet.

I'm am VERY intrested in this game.

Hiltz

Speaking of Lego games, Warner Bros just announced that it is bringing Lego Batman 2 to Wii U for a Spring release. It's almost a year old game, but the port will include an interactive map and Off-TV play for those that are interested. Maybe they can fix some of the graphical issues like texture pop-in if they're gonna put in a good effort.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
One of the few games I'm looking forward to on WiiU this year. I hope it lives up the hype.

Mit-

Is this really going to remain exclusive?

Is Nintendo publishing it?

If not, I'm sure this will find its way onto more platforms. Exclusive TT Lego game? lulz

Davey Cakes

I didn't know LEGO games stirred up GAF so much.
I'm pretty sure anything about the Wii U stirs up GAF at this point, whether negative or positive. Thing is, people always try to turn anything positive into a negative. Really silly.

As a Nintendo fan who owns a Wii U now but has owned an X360 since 2006, I think it's really getting out of hand. Instead of celebrating video games of all kinds across all systems, people like to turn everything into console wars bullshit. I understand that "warring" is entertaining but it gets out of hand when people are continuously shitting up threads about legitimately good Wii U-related news.

Best thing about this thread is the clown gif. Great representation of what this game is about and it worked as a response gif as well!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lego City should, at this point, be treated like Gears: Judgement and God of War: Ascension: exclusive to the announced platform and publisher. So quit yer port speculating and get back on track for discussion. EDIT: The meta "gaf hates the wii u" commentary needs to stop too. Talk about the topic, stop feeding conversation you don't agree with, and derailing the thread with meta commentary.

I'm pretty torn on Lego City. I think the idea looks cool and the execution looks pretty solid. I've also liked the Lego games I've played so far. But I'm not fond of the humour shown in the videos so far, the Lego games tend to be pretty basic in content and gameplay, and I generally loathe playing open world games on consoles (framerate/rendering issues so damn frequent).

It's on my maybe pile. I'll be playing it at a press event on Friday, so I can answer some questions and provide some feedback then!

Lego City should, at this point, be treated like Gears: Judgement and God of War: Ascension: exclusive to the announced platform and publisher. So quit yer port speculating and get back on track for discussion. EDIT: The meta "gaf hates the wii u" commentary needs to stop too. Talk about the topic, stop feeding conversation you don't agree with, and derailing the thread with meta commentary.

I'm pretty torn on Lego City. I think the idea looks cool and the execution looks pretty solid. I've also liked the Lego games I've played so far. But I'm not fond of the humour shown in the videos so far, the Lego games tend to be pretty basic in content and gameplay, and I generally loathe playing open world games on consoles (framerate/rendering issues so damn frequent).

It's on my maybe pile. I'll be playing it at a press event on Friday, so I can answer some questions and provide some feedback then!

Great, looking forward to your feedback then!!

Mit-

I'm crying

That answers that, then :V

I wonder how much came from that publishing deal. I wonder if they approached Telltale 3 years ago to make an exclusive game for their new platform (would have been a very wise decision). I wonder if they fronted them a TON of cash to keep such a huge game exclusive and allow such extensive development time.

Or if TellTale made most of the game and Nintendo picked it up and it will eventually find its way to other platforms like Mass Effect :V At the very least I'm sure sequels will be multiplatform.

lucky you :) hope its as good as it seems

Ask about the framerate, curious if it's 30 or 60, aren't PS360 Lego games usually 60fps?

Also ask about Off-TV Play. Unlikely with the scanner...

deviljho

That answers that, then :V

I wonder how much came from that publishing deal. I wonder if they approached Telltale 3 years ago to make an exclusive game for their new platform (would have been a very wise decision). I wonder if they fronted them a TON of cash to keep such a huge game exclusive and allow such extensive development time.

Or if TellTale made most of the game and Nintendo picked it up and it will eventually find its way to other platforms like Mass Effect :V At the very least I'm sure sequels will be multiplatform.

money was involved... but keep it on the DL ;)

Top Bottom