• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Klocker

I've always thought that this pretty much summed up what it's been like to be a fan of the Xbox One since it's unveiling.

b4e7N8a.jpg

+1

I find it hard to believe we already have an unboxing video for a next gen console this early. It's seriously early, it's awesome but at the same time I rather see a youtuber umboxing where they take their time analyzing the individual components, this one felt sort of rushed.

TriGen

I find it hard to believe we already have an unboxing video for a next gen console this early. It's seriously early, it's awesome but at the same time I rather see a youtuber umboxing where they take their time analyzing the individual components, this one felt sort of rushed.

Corporate people can do a good unboxing, but they need to do it like Iwata unboxed the Wii U. He put gloves on, went very slow, and honestly did it very erotically. Major Nelson will have to work on it.

For an unboxing video that kind of sucked I was expecting some close ups what not. That kinect is huge. I wonder what is the minimum distance it is usable

KageMaru

lol perfect.

Microsoft does Mitt Romney proud.

Only they would think they can get away with reversing horrible decisions, and think people will vote for them over the better, and more stable competitor.

All these reversals is good, but it also makes Microsoft look worse by what they tried to get away with.

I see similar comments like this and I just don't get it. Did you make such ignorant comments when Sony tried to tell people to get another job to help pay for the PS3 or that rumble was last gen and it wouldn't work right with their motion sensing tech? Did you make such comments when Nintendo has said for a few generations in a row now that they are fixing their 3rd party relations?

This is the result of competition, every company changes things in response to customer reaction and what their rivals are doing. It's what we should all want to happen in the end because we benefit.

It's funny when people think these companies are any different really. They all want our money and nothing more. As long as they keep producing games I want, I'll buy their system, I don't care if it's MS, Sony, or Nintendo.

He's somewhat telling the truth though. They were championing features and even went as far as to rename features that come standard in modern AMD GPUs to make it look more exotic than it really is.

Marketing basically. Can't escape it.

It was already explained why Larry described the HDMI cable like he did. However Brad just ignored, or missed it, and went on with his post anyways. If you knew the guys' post history here and at B3D, you'd know that him saying something positive about MS is something of a rarity.

It was stupid to talk about the HDMI cable like that, I agree, but it's not worth the trolling it's received in this thread.

I have never had a issue with the Netflix app...

It's....passable, but pretty damn shit compared to the app on the PS3.

Corporate people can do a good unboxing, but they need to do it like Iwata unboxed the Wii U. He put gloves on, went very slow, and honestly did it very erotically. Major Nelson will have to work on it.

Youtubers still can do a good unboxing. I like that major nelson did it nice and short cause frankly I have a short attention spam for unboxing on youtube. But if you like them, I'd bet money they will still be available once the console actually is released - maybe even before since I wouldn't be surprised if MS sends them free consoles ahead of release.

MogCakes

Good on MS. I recall some posts here a while ago that said they were glad there would be less 12 year olds screaming on XBL because of no included headset. Guess they were wrong!

TriGen

Lol, PEGI 7.

As for the OP, that's good that Xbox One comes with a headset, it would have been a bad move to make the players use Kinect as the headset.

Yeah. Kinect as the only out-of-box chat option would have brought a lot of dog barking and background noise online. (And there is already plenty of that.)

Yeah. Kinect as the only out-of-box chat option would have brought a lot of dog barking and background noise online. (And there is already plenty of that.)

Not that it really matters now but I thought I read that the new Kinect is really good at isolating voices and drowning out unwanted noises.

I still don't understand the point in releasing an unboxing video of a console with no set release date and a mythical one of nearly 3 months away. Seems like something to do the week before release.

pretty obvious they're desperately trying to dissipate the cloud of negativity currently hovering over the xbone.

It was already explained why Larry described the HDMI cable like he did. However Brad just ignored, or missed it, and went on with his post anyways. If you knew the guys' post history here and at B3D, you'd know that him saying something positive about MS is something of a rarity.

It was stupid to talk about the HDMI cable like that, I agree, but it's not worth the trolling it's received in this thread.

If Microsoft wants me to say positive things about them they should stop acting like snake oil salesmen. I did miss Penello's explanation before I posted, but it is an incredibly weak excuse. They are not to be congratulated for testing their system, nor does it excuse the way they represented a working highspeed cable as somehow remarkable. And as I mentioned, this is hardly an isolated incident. We're hot off the "mono driver" and in this very thread an IR blaster is being described as "magical".

TriGen

Not that it really matters now but I thought I read that the new Kinect is really good at isolating voices and drowning out unwanted noises.

I think it is better, and in fact with the built-in recording I would like to be able to have multiple people's voices be able to be picked up over Kinect if I ever uploaded a video with commentary. Still, I imagine close by animals and people playing music will still come through.

KageMaru

I'm telling you guys, this is how it's done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqpc6Ses4s

This was fine too, I actually like how he was personable during it making jokes about how it looks like he's on a shopping channel and how he's made a mess, but it wasn't much different than this unboxing. One thing done with the Xbone unboxing that I wish Iwata did is show the sides of the console in more detail.

IMO an unboxing is an unboxing, nothing really that special, but at least we know what is coming in the package.

TriGen

BTW, is the "Day-One Edition" the initial shipment of consoles. Meaning, are day one consoles "Day-One" consoles. Or could you buy a console on day one and not get a "Day-One" version. When they first talked about it I assumed the initial day one stock was all limited edition, but the way it was said there I'm guessing it's not?

Zyae

Microsoft does Mitt Romney proud.

Only they would think they can get away with reversing horrible decisions, and think people will vote for them over the better, and more stable competitor.

All these reversals is good, but it also makes Microsoft look worse by what they tried to get away with.

Are you fucking kidding? A Company listening to consumer feedback is a BAD thing now?

jond76

Banned
If Microsoft wants me to say positive things about them they should stop acting like snake oil salesmen. I did miss Penello's explanation before I posted, but it is an incredibly weak excuse. They are not to be congratulated for testing their system, nor does it excuse the way they represented a working highspeed cable as somehow remarkable. And as I mentioned, this is hardly an isolated incident. We're hot off the "mono driver" and in this very thread an IR blaster is being described as "magical".

The flip side is, if it wasn't specified, people (possibly even you) would decry that its probably an old 1.3a type cable and shout it from the rooftops. Its just clarification, more info is always better.

sappyday

All these 180's are good. I'll probably get the console in the near future. Also the design looks a lot more appealing there than anywhere else I've seen it.

Top Bottom