• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Last things I need:

1. Kinect in the box, but not required to run the console. Did they already confirm you can turn off the listening entirely, even so it's not looking for "Xbox On." If I need to use it, I need it OFF when the console is off.
2. A controller with an internal battery, not more of the AA battery crap.
3. Confirmation that I can buy an Xbox One controller and have it work on PC in the near future. Because damn, that thing (specifically the d-pad, is sexy).

Make it happen, Microsoft.

TriGen

We can all agree that the headset included with the Xbox one is much better than the EARSET included with the PS4.

I always will prefer a headset. And I can say that I used the original plastic 360 headset for probably 5 years with good results (then I went to a Turtle Beach), so hopefully this one's solid as well.

Am I the only one whos look at this next gen with the attitude of where is there something more?

Nothing really stands out for me, the pads are pretty much the same and the consoles and features are pretty much the same??

Wii to Wii U the console was the same looking, and they even advertised it using wiimotes

PS4, black box and a playstation pad

Xbox360 to XboxONE, same pad, black box like the elite

Don't know I'm just not feeling the excitement right now

Am I the only one whos look at this next gen with the attitude of where is there something more?

Nothing really stands out for me, the pads are pretty much the same and the consoles and features are pretty much the same??

Wii to Wii U the console was the same looking, and they even advertised it using wiimotes

I see what you mean but its always been like that. There was more groundbreaking things last gen.

Last things I need:

1. Kinect in the box, but not required to run the console. Did they already confirm you can turn off the listening entirely, even so it's not looking for "Xbox On." If I need to use it, I need it OFF when the console is off.
2. A controller with an internal battery, not more of the AA battery crap.
3. Confirmation that I can buy an Xbox One controller and have it work on PC in the near future. Because damn, that thing (specifically the d-pad, is sexy).

Make it happen, Microsoft.

Hmmmm nelson did turn the Xbox on with the button.........?

Without kinect attached

SPDIF

Qf5Ic9U.jpg

lJdyfGC.jpg

Soon.

KageMaru

No, you're not the only one. I'm sure my excitement will grow as the year moves on but right now I'm not as pumped as I usually am leading up to a new generation.

the playstation headset just looks like itll snap right outta the pad (not for normal people, not for me, but so many people go crazy when they play games, but hey thats their problem) i also would dislike the feeling of the mic controls tugging at my ear and weighing down. i hate that feeling with the xbox 360s revised headsets, i hate it on my pcs usb headset. hate hate

the xbox one headset looks cushy on the ear at least and im glad they finally showed it can go on either side of your head. all pictures showed it being on the right side, i much prefer left

Spinluck

This is great news, and a nice unboxing. We all win. Will get one of these someday, just not at launch.

$500 is too steep for me, and fuck MS for all the paywalls.

VanWinkle

We can all agree that the headset included with the Xbox one is much better than the EARSET included with the PS4.

How? is bigger better? Would you say that all headphones better than IEMs? This train of thought that if something has more plastic that means its better is so weird.

That being said, who knows which one will have better quality.

No way of knowing...we haven't heard both or tried both yet.

If the headset is crappy I'd rather have an earset... Personally some headsets give me headaches...

It's way to early to say. I'll be using a high end headset either way.

Will probably run cooler and quieter than PS4.

*sigh* Uninformed strikes again. There is so much more to cooling than a unnecessary brick. Again we don't know. PS4 might have it all right. Small form factor, quite and cooler because it doesn't have the (ESRAM) to deal with. I think they'll be the same noise level honestly. The PS4 uses "proven" hardware, so they have a better understanding of what to expect.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Why did we Need a 30+ Thread for a Headset?

I swear, after release we will have at least one thread where people will compare the haptic quality of both bundled HDMI cables to see which one is superior.

ToyBroker

Banned
Seems solid and durable too. I still will get the wireless they release later on.

It looks almost exactly the same as the original except with a black coat of paint and a better dampener for the mic.

I won't agree. People use earbuds all the time when they are out and about. People are used to them. They aren't used to little earmuffs on one side of their head--unless you work at a call center or are on the show Workaholics.

That said, it really comes down to the quality.

I have no issue with earbuds nor do I have any issues with half a headset.

boohowc

Banned
ear muffs/headphones > buds

at least in terms of comfort. buds hurt my ears after awhile. can't speak for aesthetics and build quality between xbone and ps4 tho.

i think we'll all agree that something is better than nothing though...as evidence by the absence of mics on ps3

VanWinkle

huh? It seems half the size of the original 360 brick.

I wasn't talking about the brick.

Lol the PS4 earphone mic or whatever you want to call it looks hilarious

What about it? Should they have put more plastic on it? Is a lightweight headset that gets out of your way a bad thing?

ear muffs/headphones > buds

at least in terms of comfort. buds hurt my ears after awhile. can't speak for aesthetics and build quality between xbone and ps4 tho.

i think we'll all agree that something is better than nothing though...as evidence by the absence of mics on ps3

Yeah, everybody's ears are different. The 360 headset really hurt my ears after awhile. For some people earbuds are more comfortable, and vice versa for others. One is not inherently better than another.

boohowc

Banned
Yeah, everybody's ears are different. The 360 headset really hurt my ears after awhile. For some people earbuds are more comfortable, and vice versa for others. One is not inherently better than another.

i was just thinking that a headset would generally be less irritating to people because its not actually going into your ear and you can at least adjust the band for comfort.

but fine. you win. those ps3 bluetooth headsets were irritating to my ears too lol :)

SPDIF

I wasn't talking about the brick.

What about it? Should they have put more plastic on it? Is a lightweight headset that gets out of your way a bad thing?

Well they could at least have added some basic cushioning to the ear bud. The picture above looks ridiculously cheap (and more importantly, uncomfortable).

Top Bottom