• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Miletius

Micro-USB on controller means that I'll need an adapter to plug it into my PC. I wonder if support will be native or we will have to wait on PC drivers.

Either way, I need a new controller so here's hoping that I can plug and play

Cool video, obvious PR in there too.

The size of kinect though? Damn it's huge! Makes the console look smaller when you see them side by side!

Dammit IGN, whether or not to include a headset in the box isn't a policy. It's just a simple $5 decision. Games "journalism"...give me a break.

FortMajor

Banned
lol at the hate.

hype definitely increasing so glad its being included. A ton of positive stuff happening for MS lately.

What does he says about Ir blaster?

I mean, i heard that he said Kinect is a IR blaster, so if you like you could use the dedicated Kinect port, otherwise, if your setup requires you can use the IR out... But what does that mean?

derFeef

Cool beans MS, will watch the video later.

Micro-USB on controller means that I'll need an adapter to plug it into my PC. I wonder if support will be native or we will have to wait on PC drivers.

Either way, I need a new controller so here's hoping that I can plug and play

What adapter do you need for that? Every smartphone comes with such a cable.

Rengoku

When we say 4K HDMI cable, we mean it. The HDMI cable we’re including is an actual Category 2 HDMI cable, rated for 1080P, 3D and 4K, according to the HDMI 1.4 spec.

Umm... so this is capable of 4K video but ONLY up to 30fps. If I'm not mistaken, HDMI 1.4 only maxes out a 30fps for a 4K feed.

ekim

393545_la.jpg

Closeup of the voice controls.

I mean, i heard that he said Kinect is a IR blaster, so if you like you could use the dedicated Kinect port, otherwise, if your setup requires you can use the IR out... But what does that mean?

That got me confused too. I responded that other question because I know that TIVO and devices like that use IR blasters to interact with cable boxes.

It means the Kinect spits out IR, which can be bounced around the room and received by your cable/sat box. But, if that's not an option (maybe its out of view or something), the port on the back can have a IR cable sender plugged in, then the other end put in front of your cable/sat box.

03142302793423_2_s.jpg

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So wait. What is the Day One Edition?

I reserved mine at gamestop on day one. Is it a Day One Edition? Something tells me no. :|

Microsoft can't do anything right, can they? They stick to their guns — they're slaughtered. They change their plans — they're slaughtered.

People have a narrative to advance. You know, the "180" thing because no manufacturer has ever changed anything about the console from announcement to launch.

Forget all of the "Specifications are subject to change" disclaimers that often surround product announcements. Xbox 180 has already been canonized by GAF and this meme has to be perpetuated.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Didn't see an included IR blaster cable - is one bundled in?

I'm guessing that is there in the event that you have a non-standard set-up (i.e. a hidden rack with components) so that you can still get the IR controls. Your regular joe will probably be ok with Kinect as their IR blaster.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Umm... so this is capable of 4K video but ONLY up to 30fps. If I'm not mistaken, HDMI 1.4 only maxes out a 30fps for a 4K feed.

You really think you will ever play a 60fps 4k game on the Xbox One? lol. You won't even get that on PS4.

And movies, (as of now) are 24fps. I don't think any current BR player does 48fps.

That got me confused too. I responded that other question because I know that TIVO and devices like that use IR blasters to interact with cable boxes.

Oh, I think I understand now. Kinect can see the comands any IR remote sends and pass them through other boxes... Not very useful to me, but I guess it would be cool for people that want to hide their cable boxes away...

Edit:

It means the Kinect spits out IR, which can be bounced around the room and received by your cable/sat box. But, if that's not an option (maybe its out of view or something), the port on the back can have a IR cable sender plugged in, then the other end put in front of your cable/sat box.

03142302793423_2_s.jpg

That actually makes more sense :p

Just because a few people make a joke on the 180 thing doesn't imply negativity, you know.

Reality is that MS did make some decisions that were less than favourable, and they're reversing it. It's good for everybody.

Top Bottom